Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of stability providing there is progress. This season has been a huge improvement on anything we have seen, both performance and position-wise, for a long time. I think the performances before February show that the players were regularly producing the goods for Pearson and that he was tactically getting it right to win matches. Performances since February have been severely lacking and, as I have said on numerous occasions, the manager must be accountable (see Lee, I do understand it) for this. I don't believe his being accountable should be a cause for his being sacked due to the aforementioned improvements seen this season.

It would appear to me that this season is slipping away from us due to a severe confidence shortage and fatigue. I think the only thing that will halt this is, unfortunately, the end of the season. I would be more than happy to see Pearson try again next season given what he has shown for the majority of this season. Seeing as I don't think a new manager would halt the decline, I don't see what benefit would be got by bringing somebody new in now either. Add to that the fact that there are no available managers out there who I see as an improvement, bar Mcdermott(sp), and it would merely add to the increasing debt.

Call me a spill, stooge or **** if you like, but I shan't be crying out for more change, upheaval and debt just yet thank you.

I agree with you that the season is slipping away and that only the end of the season, with Pearson in charge at least, will halt that. However if it goes the way it is looking now we will miss out on the play offs and I fail to see how that would represent any progress at all. I give Pearson credit for having us second in the league a couple of times but the fact is that he wasn't able to keep it going. It's no good being second in January if it looks likely that we will be about where we were last season come May.

The benefit isn't in sacking Pearson of itself but in replacing him with somebody better. There are managers who are either available now or who we would likely be attractive to who have better records in this league than Pearson does. Stability is only good if it breeds success. For the money he has spent I think saying that Pearson is doing a good job is a very hard sell indeed.

Whilst this season is better than any since Pearson was last here, and than many seasons before his first spell, that tells us nothing other than that the past decade of so has been crap. I'm not happy with just doing better than we have in the worst decade in the club's history. Pearson gets away with a lot by virtue of doing a half decent job in a very poor era for our club. He is fortunate that he is judged against such shit. It means he doesn't have to do very well to con the fanbase into believing that he is a very good manager. I'm willing to say that he will never win promotion from this league. And if I'm right, what's the point in him being here?

Last edited:
I'm so glad the Norwegian season started this weekend. And in a good way too. No way I'm going to read through the moaning posts in here tonight. Not even to look for some funny angles from our more anarchic posters.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of stability providing there is progress. This season has been a huge improvement on anything we have seen, both performance and position-wise, for a long time. I think the performances before February show that the players were regularly producing the goods for Pearson and that he was tactically getting it right to win matches. Performances since February have been severely lacking and, as I have said on numerous occasions, the manager must be accountable (see Lee, I do understand it) for this. I don't believe his being accountable should be a cause for his being sacked due to the aforementioned improvements seen this season.

It would appear to me that this season is slipping away from us due to a severe confidence shortage and fatigue. I think the only thing that will halt this is, unfortunately, the end of the season. I would be more than happy to see Pearson try again next season given what he has shown for the majority of this season. Seeing as I don't think a new manager would halt the decline, I don't see what benefit would be got by bringing somebody new in now either. Add to that the fact that there are no available managers out there who I see as an improvement, bar Mcdermott(sp), and it would merely add to the increasing debt.

Call me a spill, stooge or **** if you like, but I shan't be crying out for more change, upheaval and debt just yet thank you.

First of all matt b what planet are you on ? it is orbvious to anyone with a brain that nigel pearson as lost the plot,he is playing players out of position his got far to many players out on loan,the squard isn't big enough and the players that are there are not playing for him anymore,has for a new manager what is wrong with Mcdermott and di canio

Positives - Schlupp

Negatives - everything else.

That was piss poor again. Even if you don't have the ability, is it show hard to put in a bit of effort and show a bit of a desire to win and want the ball? We're playing all the wrong tactics and the final ball is always agonisingly terrible. The basics are going all wrong, giving cheap balls away on a regular basis and a number of players have developed a really poor first touch all of a sudden. Why are we continuously playing long high balls when we are clearly not very good in the air?

I don't think we should sack Pearson, and indeed it would be far too late now anyway - but half of this is his fault, making some real bad decisions. We talk about continuity and stability with the manager but the same should be said for making changes that we didn't need to make with regard to the formation and in the way that we are playing in general. Where has the short passing game gone that we were so good at? Where are the off the ball runs?

This is garbage!

We have gone from having a team of talented young players to a team of fragile, naive youngsters. There was one point in the season where I thought we were going to take the piss out of this league. Now we look like a team with no idea. Whilst emotions are running high it is difficult to make a reasonable judgement but at the moment I can't think of a reason to keep Pearson.

what were the tactics today? did we really play 4-3-3 with nugent wide right ? surely away from home, you would be better playing a natural wide player (marshall) and allow the extra man in the middle (king) to get forward. playing nuge out wide (infront of a player who isnt a natural right back and wont be looking to get forward on the overlap) didnt make a lot of sense and it was no surprise to see derby make most progress down their left. never mind plan B, i'm not sure we start a game with plan A any more.

jeffrey looked good and if we had a bigger squad we might be able to let the rest of the players train at carrington on a revolving basis !!

it is retrievable as we remain in the play offs and a re discovery of form between now and the end of the season would be good timing. however, do that lot look like being able to rediscover anything? could do with a bit of energy. what happened to Neil Danns ?

First of all matt b what planet are you on ? it is orbvious to anyone with a brain that nigel pearson as lost the plot,he is playing players out of position his got far to many players out on loan,the squard isn't big enough and the players that are there are not playing for him anymore,has for a new manager what is wrong with Mcdermott and di canio

I mentioned McDermott and Di Canio is a ****, so I suppose he'd be right up your street.

what were the tactics today? did we really play 4-3-3 with nugent wide right ? surely away from home, you would be better playing a natural wide player (marshall) and allow the extra man in the middle (king) to get forward. playing nuge out wide (infront of a player who isnt a natural right back and wont be looking to get forward on the overlap) didnt make a lot of sense and it was no surprise to see derby make most progress down their left. never mind plan B, i'm not sure we start a game with plan A any more.

jeffrey looked good and if we had a bigger squad we might be able to let the rest of the players train at carrington on a revolving basis !!

it is retrievable as we remain in the play offs and a re discovery of form between now and the end of the season would be good timing. however, do that lot look like being able to rediscover anything? could do with a bit of energy. what happened to Neil Danns ?

He scored today for Huddersfield. Whilst there's a legitimate argument about the likes of Danns, Beckford being shipped out on loan for reasons about harmony and excessive wages. Danns hasn't been replaced, I'd rather have him here as an option in central midfield than playing for Huddersfield who will undoubtedly only be covering a fraction of the his wages. This is one of the reasons I really dislike Pearson. He regularly cuts his nose off to spite his face

The team I fear the most at this stage is Bolton. I think they'll be the team to sneak into the play offs

If we don't go up, & NP stays, how long next season before the "fans" are baying for his blood?

Whether it's Pearson, Warnock or whoever else, it won't be long before the so-called fans are baying for his blood. That's the kind of fan that the club has now got; it's happening with monotonous regularity.

If we don't go up, it may be best alround that he falls on his sword.

Why would he want to fall on his sword and forgo the remainder of what must be a lucrative contract?

For once I cannot blame the manager.

Those players were utterly pathetic and let the manager down in the most truly dreadful performance imaginable. You can blame nobody but those hopeless, unimaginative bunch of idiots for that abject display.

Pearson is gone, his demeanour in both the Sky and radio interview was very different to anything I have seen from him before, finally blaming that shower of a side for the result, and rightly so, they deserve no defending from anyone.

His own players have failed him miserably, and I believe have cost him his job as Leicester manager, whether tonight, tomorrow or at the end of the season.

Dead man walking, shocking side sinking.

It's just tragic to watch, isn't it ?

The most ridiculous starting tactical set up we have seen all season. The man goes from bad to worse, to feckin' mental. What an absolute idiot

And some of those performances were truly beyond belief. You just can't understand what the feck it is that you are watching, can you ? It's incredible

There's no way back from this for Pearson. I'd be astonished if he's still there by Monday, disproportionate and crazy though that might seem. But this has got steadily worse, match after match, and we now arrive at that utter crock of shite

As I said, it's an absolute tragedy to see it happening before your very eyes.

What a feckin' shambles

Very lucky Riddles.I have to reiterate however that Forest were pretty woeful for 75 minutes.Unfortunately we were sh*t for 15 minutes.
Billy Davies must have a dossier on all the refs.Today they disrupted the game with non stop fouling and guessed right that the reff would only start booking late on.Very professional but cannot see it lasting.sl
I think Foxes will have too much to drop out of play offs

Lucky? 9 points clear game in hand. Good luck with 2nd place,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673