Derby (A) KO time changed for Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Now scheduled for a 5-20 pm kick off to be shown live on Sky.

The Football League‏@football_league

TV SELECTION: Derby County v Leicester City has been selected for live coverage by @SkySports on Sat 16th March (5:20pm KO) #TVgame

Well we always score four when we play Derby, clearly Sky like the fact we provide entertainment :038:

better than a Thursday like last year

Stop putting these fecking games on TV!!!

Keep putting these fecking games on TV!!!

I can understand why someone in Cumbria would want the game to be on TV, however this constant televisation of all the Derby games is slowly killing what is normally a good fixture for the attending fans.

So far this season the Derby and Florist home games have been ruined by Sky.

Then again what should we expect. The stay at home fans are the only people who truly benefit from the way modern football is going.

Last edited:
I can understand why someone in Cumbria would want the game to be on TV, however this constant televisation of all the Derby games is slowly killing what is normally a good fixture for the attending fans.

So far this season the Derby and Florist home games have been ruined by Sky.

Then again what should we expect. The stay at home fans are the only people who truly benefit from the way modern football is going.

Out of interest, do you have Sky, or if you can't afford it, would you if you could?

This. I'm ****ing delighted. I wish every single game was televised.

The game would die pretty quickly, I doubt you would have a Leicester City to watch after a few years.

The game that we know/knew is dying pretty quickly. I hope those who like to watch it on TV will enjoy what is left in its place.

I remember reading a book some 15 or so years ago in which football matches had been reduced to 10 minutes a half to allegedly to improve the performance of players but in reality because peoples attention span had reduced so much that they became bored if they had to watch the same thing for much longer.

Come to think about it that's not far off the attention span of my youngest already :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I'm firmly of the opinion that I should be able to watch every single game via a stream or tv station. The technology exists, all of the games are filmed, it's a damn madness that they don't make them available to be watched. I'd pay a large premium for the privilege.

While it is all well and good having a myopic view of being a fan, it isn't a real one. If I lived in Leicester I'd have a season ticket, since I live thousands of miles away that isn't an option. I'd pay season ticket money to watch the game on my computer.

The game can cater to local and international fans alike. And it will. And it should. Not to mention its a massive untapped revenue stream.

Last edited:
I'm firmly of the opinion that I should be able to watch every single game via a stream or tv station. The technology exists, all of the games are filmed, it's a damn madness that they don't make them available to be watched.

If that was done in England it would cause a lot of problems for smaller clubs.

At the moment crowds are down when a match coincides with a big TV game (usually Champions League matches).
Only 3,500 Carlisle fans could be bothered to turn up for Sunday's win against cov, a lot decided to stay in and watch the two Sky games instead.

If that was done in England it would cause a lot of problems for smaller clubs.

At the moment crowds are down when a match coincides with a big TV game (usually Champions League matches).
Only 3,500 Carlisle fans could be bothered to turn up for Sunday's win against cov, a lot decided to stay in and watch the two Sky games instead.

Yes, I acknowledge that. I suppose I'm saying the games should be televised on a ppv model that would match ticket prices. Or summat like that. The Lcfc premium site, for example, would be a no brainer. Charge 200 quid a season.

The business model is antiquated in my opinion. They can unlock a lot of money from people like me without losing it from people like Lako.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670