Derby home 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, quick word on the pies.

A truly outstanding pie today, I knew we would be victorious as soon as I tucked in. Good chicken to mushroom ratio, soft, almost cake-like base and crisp lid that carried the sauce beautifully.

I'm such a sad/fat ****.

I haven't had pies/pasties from football grounds for a long time....well, since I got a discount card for a bakers I happen to work for. How are the pies at the Walkers normally? Was today a rare good pie day? They used to be shit.

Rams got it up 'em. Totally smacked today. Lovely. Love that. On to Florist now please Sven.

Anyone else completely in love with SGE? The man is fecking superb. Fact.

I haven't had pies/pasties from football grounds for a long time....well, since I got a discount card for a bakers I happen to work for. How are the pies at the Walkers normally? Was today a rare good pie day? They used to be shit.

In terms of uniform quality, with regards to texture, taste & filling, the pasty rarely disappoints. Whilst expensive, I'm always starving by the time I'm at the ground and so usually opt for a pie. Timing is crucial on the pie, I'd say you have a 20 minute window (2.20-2.40pm) for a particularly good pie. They can get much to crisp after that and need to be eaten with the hands, which is never flattering.

Last edited:
Ah yes, quick word on the pies.

A truly outstanding pie today, I knew we would be victorious as soon as I tucked in. Good chicken to mushroom ratio, soft, almost cake-like base and crisp lid that carried the sauce beautifully.

I'm such a sad/fat ****.

what's happened to Balti pies this season??

No idea, you can usually smell them from the far end of the ground. Unless I've become anosmic without realising, i'd say they're off the menu.

They are still on the menu and delicious and aromatic. Depending on your constitution though, you may be reminded after a few hours by a little flatulance that you have had one!

Rams got it up 'em. Totally smacked today. Lovely. Love that. On to Florist now please Sven.

Me im in love SGE

I used to have Unconditional Regard for the members of this Forum.
I have the highest regard for their judgement on most things.The knowledge of football is awesome and I am sure the members are experts on art, science, philosophy, history etc.

However, judging by the comments on this thread I would avoid like the plague any culinary advice from people who think that heated up pies served almost instantly in their hundreds is good food.

Food should involve fresh ingredients. It should be prepared slowly and with care (even better if it is with affection for those who are going to eat it). It should be served on proper plates with proper knives and forks to people sitting down. In return for the cook taking that trouble the person eating should be prepared to wait for their food.

The name for this is Slow Food.

For me Abe looks shaky at home.. as if he's concerned about f***in up... occasionally get caught with the ball but settled down and made some nice passes. I think he'll be very good once he gets used to the pace... Wellens controlled and dominated the midfield and Big Steve was and has been most of the season, simply brilliant.. Give him the armband full time....
Gally had a good game today and is looking a lot quicker... Today was a very good day to be a City fan... Apart from the idiots during the minutes silence..

This is the message I got after signing into my Facebook

I see from your Profile that "Tash" a City fan is one of your friends. She was recently going out with my son -well whenever he went to games at The Walkers- until it finished the other week.

Tash is a bit of a case mad about Ryan Mcgivern

I used to have Unconditional Regard for the members of this Forum.
I have the highest regard for their judgement on most things.The knowledge of football is awesome and I am sure the members are experts on art, science, philosophy, history etc.

However, judging by the comments on this thread I would avoid like the plague any culinary advice from people who think that heated up pies served almost instantly in their hundreds is good food.

Food should involve fresh ingredients. It should be prepared slowly and with care (even better if it is with affection for those who are going to eat it). It should be served on proper plates with proper knives and forks to people sitting down. In return for the cook taking that trouble the person eating should be prepared to wait for their food.

The name for this is Slow Food.

If only The Walkers had open kitchens, I could make butternut squash sandwhiches at half time !

Felt very much like this after last seasons home game against Forest.

My MOTM was Cunningham, I hadnt a clue about this lad untill he signed and thought it was a waste of a loan. Sven you are a genius.

For the first time ever, I feel the same way I did under Pearson :)

And im not getting carried away here, I know there will be lows because its an unpredictable league.

In terms of uniform quality, with regards to texture, taste & filling, the pasty rarely disappoints. Whilst expensive, I'm always starving by the time I'm at the ground and so usually opt for a pie. Timing is crucial on the pie, I'd say you have a 20 minute window (2.20-2.40pm) for a particularly good pie. They can get much to crisp after that and need to be eaten with the hands, which is never flattering.

Excellent work. I had a corking Chicken & Mushroom around 2.30.

This was only topped off by Filbert Fox joining us in SK2 for a few minutes and tripping over a step on about the 80th minute. A legend that mascot is.

Said to my mates and all the Derby/Florist wankers from our area that SGE is the best manager City have ever had.

And he will hopefully get the chance to prove it. Loving City at the moment, the future is good.

Excellent work. I had a corking Chicken & Mushroom around 2.30.

This was only topped off by Filbert Fox joining us in SK2 for a few minutes and tripping over a step on about the 80th minute. A legend that mascot is.

When Vassel got his goal disallowed, Filbert was still celebrating for ages afterwards before he realised. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669