Electronic advertising boards cause hyperbole outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You guys for real

I wouldn't go as far to say that it drew my attention away from the match, but they were on far too bright. hopefully the groundsman finds the night-time settings before the next evening kick-off.

It was like having looked into the sun, with all the shapes on my retina. It made it difficult to read the programme at half time.
:icon_lol: Nothing like exaggerating to a ridiculous level to make your point is there.

I was speaking to someone who works on occasion for the club's estates department on this today.

He says that the club are renting them due to all of the television coverage scheduled. Apparently, 70 minutes are all the related league sponsors and the club can only sell 20 minutes of the game with their own sponsors. The money made from it all will cover the hire. If promoted, they will be bought.

Some horrid quotes in that article

Supporters club Cliff saying that they are an improvement on ''wooden boards'' :icon_lol:

And a spokesment from the club saying it was improving the matchday experiences. :icon_roll

Last edited:

Whilst I can't say that I suufered from headaches or nausea (other than the normal levels experienced by being a City fan), I did find it difficult to see/follow the ball when it was down at the other end of the field from my seat in SK3.

The club claims that "The LED system is part of a wider programme to improve the King Power Stadium and to provide a top-class match-day experience for all LCFC supporters.".

I don't think that, at the current levels of brightness, it will create a top class match day experience for me I'm afraid.

Last edited:

How does having advertising rammed down your throat improve the matchday experience?

How many letters have they had saying it hampered the matchday experience compared to the amount saying it improved it?

How does having advertising rammed down your throat improve the matchday experience?

It doesn't, obviously. It's a money making exercise

I found it a complete and utter feckin' nuisance throughout the whole game. Absolutely feckin' horrible

Makes moving to the west stand with all the old codgers a serious possibility if it continues

I think it's brilliant that we're getting ready for Champions League knock-out stage games.

According to Ginetta the introduction of these things "shows the club is moving forwards to where we want to be".

I don't know where it is Cliff wants to be and how electronic advertising boards are going to get us there. I'd also like to know why he thinks they are "an improvement on the wooden boards". I wouldn't know, personally, as I never looked at the bloody things.

According to Ginetta the introduction of these things "shows the club is moving forwards to where we want to be".

I don't know where it is Cliff wants to be and how electronic advertising boards are going to get us there. I'd also like to know why he thinks they are "an improvement on the wooden boards". I wouldn't know, personally, as I never looked at the bloody things.
Maybe he wants us to go for a record number of simultaneous epileptic fits in one building.

Honestly, has anyone ever, ever purchased any product or used the services of a company because they saw it on a board at the side of the pitch?

Honestly, has anyone ever, ever purchased any product or used the services of a company because they saw it on a board at the side of the pitch?

Presumably if they were targeted at the people in the ground they would be aimed at the really rich people in the West Stand. As they face every other direction, it just might be that it's a devious way of getting cheap advertising on the TV. Which means that your match day experience is improved by the knowledge that everybody at home knows that Pukka pies are available at the ground.

The comments underneath the article are less embarrassing than those made by the club and hangers on.

I've been to grounds before with electronic boards plenty of times and have never had an issue. These were an absolute farce. I sit quite close to the front behind the goal and there were several occasions when I couldn't distinguish between the boards and the Charlton players as some bright red advertisement was being flashed across.

By all means have them but please turn the brightness down a few notches.

Are the offending advertisement boards as annoying as Rich B's choice of thread title? Every time that I read it, it's been jarring a region of my brain that regulates violent outbursts.
I'd probably have more respect for him if he'd chosen that particular title specifically to target me, but unfortunately he's not that smart.

Are the offending advertisement boards as annoying as Rich B's choice of thread title? Every time that I read it, it's been jarring a region of my brain that regulates violent outbursts.
I'd probably have more respect for him if he'd chosen that particular title specifically to target me, but unfortunately he's not that smart.
Sorry dude but you're going to have to explain that one to me and to be honest can't even remember what my original title was.

Advertising is not only telling customers what offers are available (if it were, the advertisement industry would be very small indeed). It's also about raising a company's profile, getting us to make unconscious decisions in their favour etc. I would think advertising boards at big football games are very, very attractive and companies are prepared to pay a lot of money for it.

Sorry dude but you're going to have to explain that one to me and to be honest can't even remember what my original title was.

I'd love to discuss it, really I would, but I'm in therapy at the moment

Of course I noticed them and of course they were bright but after 5 minutes I forgot they were there and carried on my merry way.

Really?

Forgot they were there? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572