Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Incredibly harsh..
Two-footed challenge with the studs up, if that's not automatically a red card according to the rulebook, then the rulebook should be rewritten. But I assume it is as the ref sent him off.

Spearing.jpg

Last edited:

Two-footed challenge with the studs up, if that's not automatically a red card according to the rulebook, then the rulebook should be rewritten. But I assume it is as the ref sent him off.

View attachment 8651

That is the first time I have seen that picture. Any opinion I had previously was based on wathcing the match live with the replays at the time.

If that picture is a genuine screenshot then I have revised my opinion from 'harsh' to 'deserved'.

Just read in the Manchester Evening News about Wesolowski and Cisak been involved in an incident on the M1 when Weso's six year old mini developed a fault and burst into flames. Happened about 10 days ago after the Oldham coach had dropped them off at LFE to pick up the car.

That is the first time I have seen that picture. Any opinion I had previously was based on wathcing the match live with the replays at the time.

If that picture is a genuine screenshot then I have revised my opinion from 'harsh' to 'deserved'.
I believe it is. Better picture below.

Spear.jpg

I believe it too - I was just off the top right of the picture. It brought a universal wince and gasp. This picture is pretty much the same as the ref's view.

Up till then I thought he was having a good game.

Last edited:

The same challenge that broke my leg.

Bert is trying to justify the challenge on Twitter because he had got the ball before the tackle, the guy gets more of a twat every time he opens his digital mouth.

I believe it is. Better picture below.

View attachment 8652
Much as I hate the c***, Gary Neville summed it up.......10 years ago he'd have got a slap on the back from his manager and the ref wouldn't have even blown his whistle. 5 years ago, maybe a foul. 3 years ago, yellow card. Now, instant red. That's the way the game is, sadly.

Much as I hate the c***, Gary Neville summed it up.......10 years ago he'd have got a slap on the back from his manager and the ref wouldn't have even blown his whistle. 5 years ago, maybe a foul. 3 years ago, yellow card. Now, instant red. That's the way the game is, sadly.

Yeah, you're right, it is sad that people can't get away with potentially leg breaking challenges anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00