Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

It used to be all fields around here....

Killing fields.

You'd be well in your rights to be very pissed off if someone tackled you like that.

Modern football is shit

Yeah, you're right, it is sad that people can't get away with potentially leg breaking challenges anymore.
If you take the photos above as a fair representation of the challenge, then I agree. If you see the whole challenge, then a red seems harsh IMO. It was very far from being leg breaking, he won the ball a couple of yards ahead of the contact, and then slid into the player who promptly jumped in the air, making it look a lot worse than it was. On a dry day, there would have been no contact at all.

Any tackle has some potential to be leg breaking. Vidic is out of the game for the season because of a harmless looking challenge. Shit happens.

If you take the photos above as a fair representation of the challenge, then I agree. If you see the whole challenge, then a red seems harsh IMO. It was very far from being leg breaking, he won the ball a couple of yards ahead of the contact, and then slid into the player who promptly jumped in the air, making it look a lot worse than it was. On a dry day, there would have been no contact at all.

Any tackle has some potential to be leg breaking. Vidic is out of the game for the season because of a harmless looking challenge. Shit happens.
Bang on that man.

Here it is:

http://i44.tinypic.com/wiom5t.gif

It's not at all as bad as Taylor on Eduardo, but I think "two feet, studs up = straight red" helps the referee a lot. There's no need to do that - if you have ever made a sliding challenge yourself you'll know it only happens when you get over-excited (IANGWOC) and jump into the challenge. Thus increasing the risk of injuries massively.

By the way, I think it would be very stupid NOT to jump as, if he would have been caught badly, his leg would have snapped so much easier with his feet firmly on the ground.

Glenn Hysén was signed by - that's right - Kenny Dalglish after this match, Spearing should have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here it is:

http://i44.tinypic.com/wiom5t.gif

It's not at all as bad as Taylor on Eduardo, but I think "two feet, studs up = straight red" helps the referee a lot. There's no need to do that - if you have ever made a sliding challenge yourself you'll know it only happens when you get over-excited (IANGWOC) and jump into the challenge. Thus increasing the risk of injuries massively.

By the way, I think it would be very stupid NOT to jump as, if he would have been caught badly, his leg would have snapped so much easier with his feet firmly on the ground.

Glenn Hysén was signed by - that's right - Kenny Dalglish after this match, Spearing should have a look.

That was some display by Hysen (sorry can't do the acute accent).

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't want him in my team if all he's going to do is score goals.

Young on the moan-in...."I said to Ian that I bet he had no part at all in the build-up to any of the goals"

Although to be fair he did concede that the Yak had score 4 and deserved some credit...but did also suggest that Blackburn fans are probably despairing at his lack of effort

Young on the moan-in...."I said to Ian that I bet he had no part at all in the build-up to any of the goals"

Although to be fair he did concede that the Yak had score 4 and deserved some credit...but did also suggest that Blackburn fans are probably despairing at his lack of effort

How does he stay on as a commentator?

Haha. For some reason I find myself looking forward to Miles Away's reaction to that preposterous quote.

Yann scores for Charlton.

Last edited:

Haha. For some reason I find myself looking forward to Miles Away's reaction to that preposterous quote.

Haha. Surely he's having a ****ing laugh?

Pure lunacy. I truly despair. I hope he keeps them up by himself.

Last edited:

They are mates though and went to each-others Weddings.

That explains it, if I saw someone choking to death who hadn't invited me to their wedding I'd leave them to die.

He acted promptly and the fact that they were mates probably meant he acted by instinct as soon as he realised how serious it was. Possibly he would have done the same if had been El Hadji Diouf, but then ...............

He acted promptly and the fact that they were mates probably meant he acted by instinct as soon as he realised how serious it was. Possibly he would have done the same if had been El Hadji Diouf, but then ...............

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00