Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

DJ scores again to make it Bpool-Lpool 2-1 (as if anyone cares)

Ipswich leading 1-0 against Arsenal in League Cup thing....

From BBC.

BBC Radio 5 live commentator Mike Ingham: "These two Ipswich centre-backs, Damien Delaney and Gareth McAuley, they have been like Terry Butcher and Russell Osman of old. They've headed away absolutely everything."

3 former players get a mention!

Ipswich leading 1-0 against Arsenal in League Cup thing....

From BBC.

BBC Radio 5 live commentator Mike Ingham: "These two Ipswich centre-backs, Damien Delaney and Gareth McAuley, they have been like Terry Butcher and Russell Osman of old. They've headed away absolutely everything."

3 former players get a mention!

Ha ha, I was just about to post the same thing. It made me laugh when I read that.

I liked McAuley, probably because he scored the first Leicester City goal that I ever witnessed live (Chelsea away in 2007).

Yes, I loved Carl Cort and DJ as well.

Gareth McAuley wasn't so bad. Just a bit gangly. Poor mans Gary Rowett if you ask me. Which, before it's pointed out, nobody did.

Mattock's gone to Sheff Yoo on load according to SSN

Last edited:

Mattock's gone to Sheff Yoo on load according to SSN

Hope he doesn't fire too quickly else there could be another Court Case:icon_bigg

The Mockery have also mentioned Mattock in the article about The Yak
Former City left-back Joe Mattock, now at West Bromwich Albion, is being linked with a loan move to Sheffield United, now managed by former City boss Micky Adams.

Last edited:

Apparently it would be tempting to help make soccer popular in America :icon_conf

Vancouver is in North America.

He was on 5 Live earlier, asking people to phone in to help him make a decision whether to go or not. A sheep fan phoned in and told him to go and take Clough with him.

Jo Mattock

According to SSN Joe's about to join the Blades on loan until the end of the season, if this is correct, whats happened to him? He left us as one of the brighest prospects in English football, now he could be playing back in the Championship, what a let down.

Re: Jo Mattock

According to SSN Joe's about to join the Blades on loan until the end of the season, if this is correct, whats happened to him? He left us as one of the brighest prospects in English football, now he could be playing back in the Championship, what a let down.

I think he had stopped being "one of the brighest prospects in English football" some time before he left us.

Joe will know what it was that let himself down. It's a pity he didn't realise it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669