For those more anal.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand how anyone can think getting promoted this year would be a bad thing.

For a start if we did come back down at least we would have 2 years worth of extra parachute payments to play with, thus making us stronger.

This is never the case, the history proves team promoted from the Playoffs have a very short life span in the Premiership and it's extremely rare they come back up despite the heavy investiment with parachute payments. Are the likes of Wolves, Watford, Crystal Palace any stronger than they were when they had their season affair with the Championship?!?

Last edited:
I really dont understand how anyone can think getting promoted this year would be a bad thing.

For a start if we did come back down at least we would have 2 years worth of extra parachute payments to play with, thus making us stronger.

30 million quid versus feck all

'nuff said, really

This is never the case, the history proves team promoted from the Playoffs have a very short life span in the Premiership and it's extremely rare they come back up despite the heavy investiment with parachute payments. Are the likes of Wolves, Watford, Crystal Palace any stronger than they were when they had their season affair with the Championship?!?

i think im possibly the only person on here who understasnds what your saying. i really dont want to be a fecking yoyo club forever. just because theres shit loads of money on offer means **** all. PT had 25 mill and look where we are now. Id much rather do a reading and become a good permiership club through the way we have done it in the past. if we went up this year we would get fecking murdered next year and be a complete embarrasment, is that what you all really want, to be the laughing stock of the country and have no guarentee that we wont just do what we have in the last 3 years when we get relegated. wake up

I like tits. Fact. Nuff said.

We are not going up this year. Leave it.

I quite agree - there is no chance of us going up (or Twatlors Palace for that matter)

The point of my email is that we MAY have been in contention if we had not have had a really shitty run during the 3 months of takeover speculation and uncertainty. As other have pointed out .....we may not!

We will have a reall chance next seaon, and although I would prefer automatic promotion, I will be happy if we have to get it via the play-offs - the sooner the better in my opinion. The longer we leave it the harder it will get as the gap may well grow due to the obscene amount of money now on offer in the Prem.

hazz isnt saying he doesnt want to go up throug the play-offs, hes saying he doesnt want to do it this year because we are rubbish. A fair point of view

It would be quite funny to get promoted, make it clear that we're only there for the money, spend feck all on the squad and trouser the cash.

Lako - If you think we can't see what Hazza is talking about, you really need to go for some special lessons with some special people.

We all know what he's saying and know where he's coming from. Doesn't mean we all have to agree.

It would be quite funny to get promoted, make it clear that we're only there for the money, spend feck all on the squad and trouser the cash.

A bit like Watford are doing

Lako - If you think we can't see what Hazza is talking about, you really need to go for some special lessons with some special people.

We all know what he's saying and know where he's coming from. Doesn't mean we all have to agree.

yes but people were doing what i was usually do, being a bit selective in what they read.

A bit like Watford are doing

are you joking, they have just signed that midfield extrodinaire G williams, supposed to be amazing and fully deserved a premiership call up.

Since people saw what happened to us & Leeds most promoted clubs (by whichever route) have taken a much more cautious approach, budgeting for the worst. That combined with the new prem TV deal will make it much more feasible to plan towards an instant, stronger, return than in the past. The cushion will be far more than the current parachute payments

still rather do a reading, more money to be had in the long run

still rather do a reading, more money to be had in the long run

But who is to say they do not have a crap season next season (like Wigan are) and come down next year :102:
Not that we are going to make the playoffs, but just say we did and went up, IMO MM would take a much bigger risk knowing that he has 50 million waiting for us if we did go down, buy the quality of player we needed to keep us up (two year deals so if we went down you can get rid if not promoted), you are still building a better squad just quicker and exactly what he would do if we went up next year like most are suggesting we could, so what is the difference?
I would rather do that than spend another 2-3 years building a squad that gets you up, which then if you do come down the effects are exactly the same in the way of loosing players and needing to rebuild.

We will always be a yo-yo club and this is how it will be, I would prefer to go up quickly than run a 2-3 year cycle building a squad every time.

Last edited:
But who is to say they do not have a crap season next season (like Wigan are) and come down next year :102:
Not that we are going to make the playoffs, but just say we did and went up, IMO MM would take a much bigger risk knowing that he has 50 million waiting for us if we did go down, buy the quality of player we needed to keep us up (two year deals so if we went down you can get rid if not promoted), you are still building a better squad just quicker and exactly what he would do if we went up next year like most are suggesting we could, so what is the difference?
I would rather do that than spend another 2-3 years building a squad that gets you up, which then if you do come down the effects are exactly the same in the way of loosing players and needing to rebuild.

We will always be a yo-yo club and this is how it will be, I would prefer to go up quickly than run a 2-3 year cycle building a squad every time.

i actually think we have the opportunity to shake our yoyo club image with the new regime. If we stayed up for a few seasons we would be more attractive to players than teams like wigan who have become a solid premier outfit upto now.

i actually think we have the opportunity to shake our yoyo club image with the new regime. If we stayed up for a few seasons we would be more attractive to players than teams like wigan who have become a solid premier outfit upto now.

We can't even make the top half of the table yet :icon_roll

Solid?

as in a stone,

as in sinking like? :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675