Forum Upgrade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
After posting the thread last night offering to manually add ignored threads to the database I realised it could take a lot of my time so I was determined to find a better way to do it.

After much trial and error I've finally come up with something that appears to work, so we have an ignore thread function again. Use the Thread Tools link at the top of the thread.

This is a crude fix of the ignore threads function from the old forum, and at the moment there is no way to see the threads you're ignoring or to un-ignore threads. So please only use it on threads you'll never want to see again.

If a proper ignore threads modification becomes available I will install it.

at the moment there is no way to see the threads you're ignoring or to un-ignore threads. So please only use it on threads you'll never want to see again.

Predictably, I'm after ignoring the thread about ignoring threads. It seemed like the right thread to test it out on, but that was before I read this post. So if there are any important updates about ignoring posts, please don't put them in that thread.

I've set it so that it's supposed to automatically use the mobile style on older mobile phones but use the standard one for smartphones. That isn't working though, it seems to be showing the mobile version to all mobile phones.
Every time I use the site on my mobile I realise I need to change it, but forget by the time I get back to my PC. I'll do it now.

I preferred the mobile version on my smart phone and was shocked when it disappeared, how do I get it back?

Last edited:
Predictably, I'm after ignoring the thread about ignoring threads. It seemed like the right thread to test it out on, but that was before I read this post.

Thanks Jeff, love you

I preferred the mobile version on my smart phone and was shocked when it disappeared, how do I get it back?

There are several ways to change it.

Select the mobile style using the drop down box towards the bottom of http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions which will change it for every browser us use the site on.

Use the drop down box at the bottom of this page to select it just for the browser you're currently using. This uses a cookie to remember the setting.

Or bookmark this page: http://talkingballs.co.uk/forum.php?styleid=47

The way I set it up on the previous version was so that it would use the mobile style when you went to mobile.talkingballs.co.uk but I haven't been able to get that to work properly yet on this version.

There are several ways to change it.

Select the mobile style using the drop down box towards the bottom of http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions which will change it for every browser us use the site on.

Use the drop down box at the bottom of this page to select it just for the browser you're currently using. This uses a cookie to remember the setting.

Or bookmark this page: http://talkingballs.co.uk/forum.php?styleid=47

The way I set it up on the previous version was so that it would use the mobile style when you went to mobile.talkingballs.co.uk but I haven't been able to get that to work properly yet on this version.

Opera Mobile kept changing when I set it via the bottom, but then I remembered I kept deleting cookies, I shall now stop.

Just to confirm that I am ignoring this as requested :icon_wink

test.jpg

Where are you seeing that?

It should only appear on the new posts screen, before you're redirected. It's not supposed to be on anything that's got the menus on it.

I see it when I get the message that there are no new posts. Not seen it when there are any menus.

EDIT: It's not there when there are new posts to view

Last edited:
And also where GazLCFC mentioned.

jeff2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. That makes sense. I haven't seen that since I started messing about with the search thing, as I'm not going to read the 'please reply' thread until I can ignore it. If that makes any sense.

More sense than most things you write :icon_wink

When will the 'latest threads' section work on the sidebar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669