Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Martin Allen sell Fryatt after he won that BBQ set? Surely that would make a mockery of his motivational techniques? ;-)

How can Martin Allen sell Fryatt after he won that BBQ set? Surely that would make a mockery of his motivational techniques? ;-)

As long as we include the price of that set in the transfer fee I don't think Milan will mind.

Matty Fryatt could score 20+ in the championship with the right motivation - why sell him and bring in an unproven (in this league) derby reject for the same price?

Matty Fryatt could score 20+ in the championship with the right motivation - why sell him and bring in an unproven (in this league) derby reject for the same price?

Since when is Fryatt proven in this league? De Vries has a better scoring record than him.

Could being the operative word. I wouldn't put my house on it.

So could McLeod, so could Hume, so could Cort :)icon_lol:)

So could feckin' Elvis Hammond :icon_roll

Hello - this is my first post on TB - I hope you treat me kindly ! I have regularly posted on Foxest**k - but their recent policy of not reporting on 'rumours' - even well substantiated ones - means I won't be putting any news out through them for the future !
I am a freelance sports journalist, based in Bedfordsire and have good contacts with all the League clubs in the area - but particularly Luton & MK Dons. I was (I think) the first to post on a City fans site, that Martin Allen was in talks with Mandaric about taking the City job (I must admit though, it was me who said Mike Newell had been lined up by MM in January - but he had, honest !). The story below is one I passed onto the Express last night - and formed part of their article this morning.
Anyway, the word from MK Dons last night (Paul Ince's Assistant, no less) was that Leicester have provisionally agreed an initial fee of £1.2m (rising to £1.5m with appearances and caps), for Izale McLeod, IF THEY SELL MATTY FRYATT. I immediately made a few calls to journo colleagues around the country - and a contact at the Bolton Evening News told me that he had heard that Preston have had a bid of £1m turned down for Matty 2 days ago - and are now considering 'upping' that to £1.2m (apparently Rob Kelly has persuaded Simpson of the wisdom of the deal). We await developments !

we can't sell Fryatt! yes, last season was pretty bad, but im sure he's better than this guy. and over 1 milion for him? no way!!

IMO its no contest, just from watching Fryatt play you can see that he has a natural goalscoring touch (goal against Derby last season at the Walkers showed this). McLeod IMO is another Benjamin lots of pace and power but nothing else. You can get away with just being fast in the lower leagues but in the Championship you need to have a first touch and calm head as well (McLeods sendings off show he is anything but calm).

Ilike Fryatt but believe that McLoud has great potential to be even better , i would definately prefer Izale to DJ id leave Matty where he is.

Wouldn't feel either way about Mcleod coming in, but would be gutted if Fryatt went I think.

IMO its no contest, just from watching Fryatt play you can see that he has a natural goalscoring touch (goal against Derby last season at the Walkers showed this). McLeod IMO is another Benjamin lots of pace and power but nothing else. You can get away with just being fast in the lower leagues but in the Championship you need to have a first touch and calm head as well (McLeods sendings off show he is anything but calm).

well said :038:

Ilike Fryatt but believe that McLoud has great potential to be even better , i would definately prefer Izale to DJ id leave Matty where he is.

because he did so well at this level with the shaggers :icon_roll

I cant believe some of you lot are against signing a bloke who scored 28 goals last season! Ok it would be a big step up but he's young and worked with MA before, therefore give him a chance!! I think MA knows him better than any of you lot, and if he thinks he's good enough thats good enough for me. None of you know what Fraytt is like other than he's done nothing since he joined leicester so why give him another go and not McLeod??

After last season i would have thought anyone who has potential to score goals would be accepted with open arms! Some of you have short memories:102:

i would welcome mcleod here but not at the expense of fryatt, cant we do a swap deal wit de vries for mcleod? fryatt is a goalscorer so y get rid of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566