Fryatt to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says this £4M will be used to add to the squad?

I believe we made a loss on the last accounts.

Quite.

It's quite depressing to read stuff along the lines of what we could do with the £4m......I find it hard to accept that there are people that are so naive.

Firstly, there wouldn't be £4m for Leicester City and secondly the only reason that Fryatt would be sold would be to shore up the accounts. NP might be given a bit of the money to spend but there can't be any doubt that from a football viewpoint we are better off keeping Fryatt - but from a short term cash flow angle then it is obviously attractive to cash in on him.

Quite.

It's quite depressing to read stuff along the lines of what we could do with the £4m......I find it hard to accept that there are people that are so naive.

Firstly, there wouldn't be £4m for Leicester City and secondly the only reason that Fryatt would be sold would be to shore up the accounts. NP might be given a bit of the money to spend but there can't be any doubt that from a football viewpoint we are better off keeping Fryatt - but from a short term cash flow angle then it is obviously attractive to cash in on him.

Steady on Redditch - that sounds sensible.

Thats a sh*itload of hookers.

Apparently for a million pounds you can book Leona Lewis to sing at your wedding, shes not much different from most hookers.

Ahh, but you would though wouldn't you, no knife at the throat needed for this one:)

Quite.

Steady on Redditch - that sounds sensible.

Indeed both of you, i really worry about the sanity of some posters on here...we have a striker who scored 30 ish goals last season and has scored 3 so far this one.

Oh, good idea, sell him because he misses more than he srores, what did Gary Lineker used to say, and i quote, ''if you get 4 chances in a game generally it equals 1 goal'', bring on the men in the white coats...

just been on the moan in that Hull have not denied they are interested in Fryatt and Phil Brown was at the Swansea game on the first day of the season

Theres always a first time. :icon_wink

Of course there was the other time (when most of you lot were still throwing your shoes in the air) when I had the temerity to hint that Ian Holloway wasn't necessarily the best manager to take us back to the Premiership and then the other couple of thousand occasions when .......etc etc

Keep him. 3 goals in 5 games is it? That's a good return, I think Fryatt will do well this season myself and would be worth more than £4m to us should his goals help us get promoted this or any other year...

For the first time in 7 years we have a team that has a real chance to challenge for promotion to the Prem. The fact that its a relatively settled side (by our standards, at least) is no coincidence. The value of promotion would make any transfer proceeds on Fryatt look like small change. Why would any rational manager want to sell the player who knocked in 30 goals last season, and is scoring at the same rate this season? If you can pick up high quality strikers for £4m, who are better than Fryatt, why isn't Phil Brown buying them rather than Fryatt.

This whole scenario reminds me of the sale of David Connolly to Wigan. Started off as what appeared to be wild rumour and speculation ended with us recieving what can only be described as an inflated fee.

Really cannot see Milan turning down anything like £4m if it was offered, I also cannot see Fryatt turning the opportunity down to play premiership football and the obvious riches that would bring.

This whole scenario reminds me of the sale of David Connolly to Wigan. Started off as what appeared to be wild rumour and speculation ended with us recieving what can only be described as an inflated fee.

Really cannot see Milan turning down anything like £4m if it was offered, I also cannot see Fryatt turning the opportunity down to play premiership football and the obvious riches that would bring.

I agree with the basic points you make - although the stuff about Leicester getting £4m is fantasy even if that was the overall cost to Hull (which i doubt).

There is an obvious likelihood that MM would want to take any serious money offered for players given the financial deficits in recent seasons and of course Fryatt would be quite right to grab the chance of playing Premiership football - even for certain strugglers Hull.

let's hope that Hull don't ultimately think Fryatt is good enough to sign and find someone else who is willing to go there - cos I'm sure that Leicester would snatch their hands off. And those people that dream that we would re-invest most of the money in "better" players simply don't understand the economics of football and still less understand Leicester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669