Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryatt is different class.
Pearson is a great gaffer.
dyer has got quick feet.

Of course i voted he should stay.

happy7blue

hes a good man is our Milan and I think he's steadily helping to take this ship in the right direction.

He's eccentric but undoubtedly a major positive for this club.

Things have not always been well done but he's tried his best. His main mistake was not going with his usual trigger happy style when he failed to get rid of Holloway before it was too late. But, maybe it needed us to get relegated to get things back on the road.

I will be pleased if he stays. However, I hope we are able to sell Joe Mattock and give Nigel money to spend. I have great faith in our present recruitment policy. The free signings like Edworthy and Powell have been fine stop gaps; Morrison is one for the future . What I am hoping for is to see a couple of signings in their prime. The last time we did this the result was Tunchev and Dyer. I am still fascinated by the visit Steve Walsh made to Bulgaria last month.

SWWG's posts are like buses (or should that be trains) ... nothing for ages and then two together.

Leicester are set to make a third contract offer to highly rated striker Matty Fryatt, who is wanted by Preston, Crystal Palace and Derby. (Daily Mirror)

Things have not always been well done but he's tried his best. His main mistake was not going with his usual trigger happy style when he failed to get rid of Holloway before it was too late. But, maybe it needed us to get relegated to get things back on the road.

Milan's main mistake was appointing Martin Allen. After fourteen bad signings and a club in turmoil we had a caretaker manager, Gary Megson, caretaker manager and then Ian Holloway. No wonder we never settled down. There was no reason at the time to believe that sacking Ollie for yet another manager would have been better . We now know that it could not have been worse.
At the time I thought Ian Holloway was a superb choice but with hindsight he was the wrong man for the situatiion. Martin Allen and Ian Holloway had very different management styles but what they had in common was hyperactivity and bags of enthusiasm. We needed a manager to provide stability and to calm things down.
One of the great qualities that Nigel Pearson has been the stability and quiet authority he has brought to the club.

There was no reason at the time to believe that sacking Ollie for yet another manager would have been better .

I realise that we can't inflict too much pain by digging up this one again, but in my opinion nothing was more obvious than that Holloway should have been fired....people like Melton & myself warned of the dire consequences of not doing so. I can only assume that Madaric had got sick of hiring & firing...just at the moment when he needed to retain the habits of an ownership lifetime. Anyone, but anyone would have been better at that time from next door's cat upwards.

There was no reason at the time to believe that sacking Ollie for yet another manager would have been better .

Er, no. I think it was clear before he started that he was not up to the job and his decision making and the manner in which the team played during his tenure also suggested he was not up to the job. Indeed MM himself said that he was thinking of sacking the worst Manager ever for City had it not been for a Steve Howard hat trick. :icon_conf

Someone on FT saying he *will* sign tomorrow .. make of it what you will. Post here

Steven, u know of the poster? Reliable?

could say the previous board tried their best and managed to keep us in the championship :102:

Leicester are set to make a third contract offer to highly rated striker Matty Fryatt, who is wanted by Preston, Crystal Palace and Derby. (Daily Mirror)

If that's the total class of club that want him I can see him signing a 15 year contract here.

could say the previous board tried their best and managed to keep us in the championship :102:

I'm sure that the prvious board did do their best - but they were feeble and took us into steep decline.

No doubt Mandaric thought that it would be an easier task than it proved to turn things round. In the end he made some mistakes in appointments and it took longer. Nonetheless he has something about him - the previous board lacked resources both in money and in capacity - all in my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669