Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matty Fryatt

As well as the ones singing "she said no Sven, she said no". :icon_roll

Been hearing that for ages now.

I don't keep up with gossip and suchlike, so can someone tell me what that 'song' is all about?

I don't think a comparison of Howard and Fryatt is appropriate since they both offer completely contrasting qualitites. On technical ability I would go with Fryatt every time. On consistency and teamwork I would go with Howard. A more realistic comparison would be Fryatt and the 3 million pound Martyn Waghorn. Incidently, how much money did we waste on Fryatt for his more than reasonable goal return?

Hmmm...I doubt Vassell's goalscoring ability. Never been one for 15 plus goals a season and twice in a City shirt, I've seen him through in on goal and come up with pitiful efforts.

And Fryatt hasn't? :icon_lol:

lol i didnt realise i would cause such a stir. What i dont understand is how Fryatt can be judged as not good enough when he hasnt had a proper run in the side since his injury. 13 goals last season before he got injured in February and with 3 months of the season to go we were looking fairly strong for a crack at automatic promotion then the injury came and we pretty much limped in to the top 6. I reckon he would have got 20-25.
Granted, we have other fire power come in to the club now and he's gonna find it hard getting in. Personally would like to see Vassell and Fryatt, no aerial threat but we didnt score from headers on saturday.
Maybe bad timing starting this thread after a 5-1 win as a few have said we won who cares, but next time we lose it may be justified. Started the thread after what it said in the press and on the Blue Army website about Fryatt.

The goals were drying up before his injury (which was February, when we were in the middle of our bad run, unless I'm mistaken)and our finish to the season, after slipping up in the early months of the year, was pretty good. 5 straight wins if I recall.

The goals were drying up before his injury (which was February, when we were in the middle of our bad run, unless I'm mistaken)and our finish to the season, after slipping up in the early months of the year, was pretty good. 5 straight wins if I recall.

lost all but 1 in March which we drew 2-2 with cov

He was absolutely brilliant up until his injury, his goals may have been drying up but he was getting assists, creating chances and having a key role in virtually every goal we scored up until his injury.

I've said it many times on here before, but you can't judge Fryatt just on his goals. People don't Howard, so why do they with Fryatt when he gets just as many assits and creates just as many chances for hie teammates?

Last edited:

I don't keep up with gossip and suchlike, so can someone tell me what that 'song' is all about?

It's about a few morons dressed up as football fans who don't know their arse from their elbow.

Vassell played over twenty times for england and spent his whole career to date in the prem. This makes him our best shot. Gallagher and Dyer would be my preferred inside right and left if we continue 4-3-3. Bednar, Howard, Fryatt and Waghorn could get into 3/4 of championship matchday sixteens and give our bench a menacing quality to it.
For me the problem with Fryatt is that the team needs gearing to him in order for him to be effective and at championship level he's not good enough to build a team around. The fact is all his goals have come at league one level.
Until january when god knows which striker we'll sign we should stay as we are. I can see howard and fryatt going in january along with a couple of others out on loan to make room on the wage bill for some major punts to get us into the prem.

I agree - its odds on that Fryatt will leave on loan or transfer in January, not so sure about Howard as he may be kept on to provide the target man option in games when other tactics have failed, particularly if Bednar is sent back to WBA given that he is playing as badly as its possible to play imo.

As I've said before, I think we'll regret losing Fryatt - but these things happen.

The only time I'd heard it before Saturday was when it was sung by opposition fans so I imagine it isn't meant to be complimentary.

Keep posting SJN. Only 25 more posts and that picture of you wont appear at each page refresh. :icon_wink

It's worse than the tranny one

It's about a few morons dressed up as football fans who don't know their arse from their elbow.

Which is very probably true but doesn't help me to understand the meaning of the song!

Pretty please? PM if it is libellous!

Which is very probably true but doesn't help me to understand the meaning of the song!

It's what's always sung when a player is accused of rape or similar. I'd guess it's just used in reference to Sven's sexual prowess.

Absolutely brilliant up until his injury...

A fit Fryatt picks himself...

I think we might be getting bogged down in hyperbole. He's a proven League One striker and we're in the Championship trying our best to reach the Premier. He's not the fastest, strongest or tallest, his goals to chances ratio isn't the best, he's one of many many strikers you come across who may or may not be able to hack it at this or the next level given time. Reminds me of David Kelly. And, while I agree that he could yet turn out to be a good player, he's had five years at the club and has only performed for one and a half of them, a spell of form which ended ten months ago. He's yet to play in the top flight and he averages less than a goal every three games.

Yes, I'd hang onto Fryatt but no, he's not that big a deal.

During Sven's reign as England manager, allegations were made of a alleged gang-rape involving Premier League players. This included at least one England player and disrupted preparation for a Euro qualifying game - could it have been in Ireland. I seem to remember that Sven made some comment which some people thought was dismissive of the problem. Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669