Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matty Fryatt

During Sven's reign as England manager, allegations were made of a alleged gang-rape involving Premier League players. This included at least one England player and disrupted preparation for a Euro qualifying game - could it have been in Ireland. I seem to remember that Sven made some comment which some people thought was dismissive of the problem. Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Or knowing the lack of knowledge of a lot of Leicester fans (I first heard the Fosse Boys chant this), it could be just his history with "the ladies".

Fact is he was our top goal scorer last season despite being injured from Feb until May.

he might have been the top scorer last season but he would be completely ineffective in this 4-3-3 formation Sven likes in my opinion. To be effective as a lone front man he would need to be stronger (like howard) or quicker (like Vassell). Unless we go back to playing two up front then Fryatt will rightly keep warming the bench.

Also having seen most of Fryatt's games over his career with us he simply is not willing to work hard enough during the match to justify an automatic start. He might pop up with the odd goal, but the team has to carry him through his all too frequent bad patches.

Fact is is that our current managerial and coaching team don't feel Mr Fryatt is as good as some do on here. I know whom I trust at the moment.

:icon_eek:

This is his profile picture...

profilepic2039_3.gif

jesus

NSFW

It's what's always sung when a player is accused of rape or similar. I'd guess it's just used in reference to Sven's sexual prowess.

During Sven's reign as England manager, allegations were made of a alleged gang-rape involving Premier League players. This included at least one England player and disrupted preparation for a Euro qualifying game - could it have been in Ireland. I seem to remember that Sven made some comment which some people thought was dismissive of the problem. Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Or knowing the lack of knowledge of a lot of Leicester fans (I first heard the Fosse Boys chant this), it could be just his history with "the ladies".

Whatever it is, it is hardly a ringing positive endorsement then of the best Manager we have had since the last best Manager.

I bet these morons of ours are the same ones who constantly go on about Forest even when we are playing Doncaster.

I bet these morons of ours are the same ones who constantly go on about Forest even when we are playing Doncaster.

Yep, in the same way Chelsea and Arsenal sing songs about us (see other thread). It's always happened and always will, not worth bothering about.

Whatever it is, it is hardly a ringing positive endorsement then of the best Manager we have had since the last best Manager.

I assumed you meant the away fans. I stand in L1 and it's not sung there, not about Sven anyway.

It's incredible that this thread, initially dismissed as a vile regurgitation of god knows how many other threads, seems to have gained a second wind the moment it's turned into the customary attack on Leicester City fans. Which, if we're honest, is one of the main reasons the atmosphere at the Walkers is rubbish. We all spend far too much time hating each other to ever worry about Forest, Doncaster, or anyone else.

Try to start off a serious discussion here and you get nowhere, talk about how crap Leicester fans are and the place erupts into life.

It's incredible that this thread, initially dismissed as a vile regurgitation of god knows how many other threads, seems to have gained a second wind the moment it's turned into the customary attack on Leicester City fans. Which, if we're honest, is one of the main reasons the atmosphere at the Walkers is rubbish. We all spend far too much time hating each other to ever worry about Forest, Doncaster, or anyone else.

Try to start off a serious discussion here and you get nowhere, talk about how crap Leicester fans are and the place erupts into life.

Absolutely true and I always wonder whether it is the same for fans of other clubs. :102:

Last edited:
It's incredible that this thread, initially dismissed as a vile regurgitation of god knows how many other threads
I'm not sure anyone used the word 'vile'.
seems to have gained a second wind the moment it's turned into the customary attack on Leicester City fans. Which, if we're honest, is one of the main reasons the atmosphere at the Walkers is rubbish.
Is it? I could have sworn it was more to do with the disjointed singing and chanting, the 11,000 empty seats every home game and the abuse of our own players. I'm happy you've set me right though.
We all spend far too much time hating each other to ever worry about Forest, Doncaster, or anyone else.
Again, I thought City fans were more interested in shouting abuse at the men in blue shirts, but thanks for the correction.
Is this not a serious subject then?

It's incredible that this thread, initially dismissed as a vile regurgitation of god knows how many other threads ....

If that's a dig at me, I never used the word "vile". I didn't even suggest that it was "vile".

I would just like to know how many times the same opinions can be voiced on the same subject. There's nothing new to be brought to the discussion on Fryatt, and it is just going round in circles now. Some people rate him, some people don't. To borrow Cate's phrase, it's like Groundhog Day.

We all spend far too much time hating each other to ever worry about Forest, Doncaster, or anyone else.

If that is true, why all the anti-Forest chanting at every single match regardless of the opposition :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669