General Election June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may surprise you to know that at heart I'm a left of centre supporter :p but when I see Abbot and Jezza on the box I shudder. Labour deserve no votes. I've voted Liberal on an odd occasion but their leader doesn't seem able to motivate an erection in a LGBT club.

I quite like BN's idea of voting for the no-hopers and causing mayhem - maybe that'll give the parties time to sort themselves out for the re-election.

C-1yHkpXUAAIhHc.jpg

In the light of the above letter which shows how the Conservative party acquire cash, this is how they choose to spend it. On Thursday, they bought wrap around adverts in many local newspapers which appeared like the paper endorsing the party. Anyone else think that this is completely unacceptable?

C_IAqZHXYAI0Oqf.jpg

In the light of the above letter which shows how the Conservative party acquire cash, this is how they choose to spend it. On Thursday, they bought wrap around adverts in many local newspapers which appeared like the paper endorsing the party. Anyone else think that this is completely unacceptable?

C_IAqZHXYAI0Oqf.jpg
Yes, I think it's unacceptable, I agree.

C_IAqZHXYAI0Oqf.jpg

It's unacceptable if we take for granted that the public are morons. If we believe that the public have a brain then it makes no difference.

C_IAqZHXYAI0Oqf.jpg

Why would anybody think the paper was endorsing the party when it clearly says ADVERTISER'S ANNOUNCEMENT immediately above the item?

Why would anybody think the paper was endorsing the party when it clearly says ADVERTISER'S ANNOUNCEMENT immediately above the item?

Why would it matter if they were?

Why would it matter if they were?

If you read the thread you would know why. But, as usual, you decide to select and confront.

If you read the thread you would know why. But, as usual, you decide to select and confront.

And you ignore my question because either it doesn't suit you or you don't have an answer.

And you ignore my question because either it doesn't suit you or you don't have an answer.

I answered your question. It's not my problem if you're not astute enough to realise that.

I could turn that around and ask why they felt that the best way to advertise was to dress it up just like a newspaper front page?

Why is any advertisement anything other than someone going "Oi you, buy this"?

You don't have to be thick to fall for it. You just have to walk past a news stand and glance at the paper or see the paper lying around.

I think it's extraordinary that it's allowed. Undemocratic even.

I could turn that around and ask why they felt that the best way to advertise was to dress it up just like a newspaper front page?

Why is any advertisement anything other than someone going "Oi you, buy this"?

You don't have to be thick to fall for it. You just have to walk past a news stand and glance at the paper or see the paper lying around.

We used to get a newspaper through the post for free which was Prudhoe news or something equally imaginative. When you looked at the very small print it was from the local Tory lot. If every story wasn't rimming their pretend achievements then it wasn't very clear at all. Sly ****ers.

Because people will notice it?

You don't have to be thick to fall for it.

You don't have to be super-intelligent to realise what it is either.

It's allowed because the major parties could not agree how it should be restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669