Injury News General Injury Updates

****ing quality this is. What an absolute ****ing shambles.

I don't think I can be arsed to turn up if we can't be arsed to try and protect the few players we have got.

Also Evans may be out for 'months not weeks'.

Vardy and Evans out for 'months' is pretty crippling to us at the best of times, let alone when all the backups are crocked too.

Can we just bin this season off yet and move onto the next one?

Can't possibly bring anyone in though, cos our squad is too big, or summat

OK....so fit/available 1st team players (at a guess and assuming the truth re: Thomas and KDH):

Vestergaard
Bertrand
Castagne
Tielemans
Soumare
Lookman
Choudhury
Maddison
Barnes
Kasper
Ward
Perez
Albrighton

Some U-23 options:

Mcateer
Nelson
Daley-Campbell
Benkovic (?)
Brunt
Braybrooke

From BR's press conference:

Brendan Rodgers says Jamie Vardy will be out for "up to 8 weeks" with a hamstring injury. He won't need an operation but is set to return in March. None of the players who were injured or unavailable over the Christmas period are able to return to face Watford.

Jonny Evans has just had an operation, Rodgers says, and will be out until April. Caglar Soyuncu and Patson Daka are set to return to face Burnley on the 15th January. Ryan Bertrand is being assessed currently with a knee injury.
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1479449427001720835/photo/1

So are we now allowed to bring somebody in, or should we ‘just get them all fit’

Will be great to see JJ back on the field! Hope he gets a few U23 games under his belt before they even think about putting him back into the first team.

I really worry with both him and Fofana that we'll end up rushing them back because of all the other absentees but then doing more damage - which seems to be what we keep on doing.

So are we now allowed to bring somebody in, or should we ‘just get them all fit’

Rodgers on buying a new centre-back: "Centre half is such a critical position. And our inconsistency this season is proof of that because of the changes we’ve had to make to our defensive line-up. "There’s a little bit of time, but [getting a centre-back in] is pressing."

Rodgers: "We have to see what we can do, and we might have to compromise to get the type and profile you need for your team. "We also know we’ll have guys coming back at the beginning of February that can help."

Rodgers on buying a new centre-back: "Centre half is such a critical position. And our inconsistency this season is proof of that because of the changes we’ve had to make to our defensive line-up. "There’s a little bit of time, but [getting a centre-back in] is pressing."

Rodgers: "We have to see what we can do, and we might have to compromise to get the type and profile you need for your team. "We also know we’ll have guys coming back at the beginning of February that can help."

Thank God it sounds like we're trying to do something. Let's hope it's not another Vestergaard or that bloke from Wolves who my brain is refusing to remember his name even though it was only a couple of years ago because he was just that shit.

I doubt we've got the money or means to do it, but I'd love to see us finally bring in someone like James Tarkowski, who's an experienced PL player and can lead a backline, as we'll have Soyuncu alongside them and then Fofana coming back, who are both very good centre backs but need an experienced, reliable head to guide them on the pitch.

Surely there is no way we play Everton on Tuesday.

I make it that we'll have at best 9 of the 25 outfield players on our first team from the website available.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663