Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit it from left to right off the tee every fecking time now I know why...

highland fox said:
I hit it from left to right off the tee every fecking time now I know why...

Incidentally I used to do the same. I realised I was gripping the club too hard. I was taught to grip the club at the same tightness as a tube of toothpaste (as if you didnt want anything to come out) although it felt strange at first it really helped me.

DurhamFox said:
Incidentally I used to do the same. I realised I was gripping the club too hard. I was taught to grip the club at the same tightness as a tube of toothpaste (as if you didnt want anything to come out) although it felt strange at first it really helped me.

As this has turned into Durham's golf clinic - please could you explain how you can get back spin on your distance shots into the green?

Ox Fox said:
As this has turned into Durham's golf clinic - please could you explain how you can get back spin on your distance shots into the green?

Hard to explain without demoing it. You need to chop down on the ball more and trap it between the club and the ground.

DurhamFox said:

Interesting...I heard Mk grips the Club as he would his Penis but he keeps dropping the Club because he is only using 2 fingers.

Just got back from Kilworth and beat my mate by a full 12 shots (over 9 holes).

He had a shocker :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

highland fox said:
Interesting...I heard Mk grips the Club as he would his Penis but he keeps dropping the Club because he is only using 2 fingers.
What is this unhealthy fixation you have with my genitals?

DurhamFox said:
It's got nothing to do with other sports. That's where 'other sports' are discussed but not in this context. This is general chat as we are discussing our own experiences.

Now go and collect some seaweed.

Obesity associated with eating too much junk food could become a thing of the past following a scientific breakthrough.

According to British scientists, fast food high in fat and calories could be made healthier by adding extracts from exotic seaweed.

The seaweed extract, called alginate, could be used to increase the fibre content of pies, burgers, cakes and other high fat foods.

Scientists at Newcastle University said this was an important breakthrough because it would allow people
Advertisement
to continue eating junk food but enjoy the benefits of the traditionally more healthy alternatives.

They believe the seaweed will be a valuable weapon in the international battle against obesity, diabetes, heart problems and diseases such as bowel cancer.

Studies have shown that eating high-fibre diets, such as brown bread and fruit and vegetables, can help reduce the incidence of life threatening illnesses.

The research has been published in the academic journal, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition.

It found that alginate strengthens the mucus lining the gut wall, can inhibit digestion and can slow the uptake of nutrients in the body. Alginate, which is high in fibre, is already in widespread use by the food industry as a gelling agent and to thicken the frothy head of premium lagers.

The paper details the many benefits of alginate to the body. It examines the properties of two brown-coloured seaweeds called Lessonia and Laminaria, which are found in the Far East, South America and parts of Norway and Scotland.

The seaweed is processed in the laboratory to produce alginate - a tasteless and odourless off-white coloured powder - that can then be added to food to enhance fibre content.

ScarboroughFox said:
Obesity associated with eating too much junk food could become a thing of the past following a scientific breakthrough.

th_tumbleweed1.gif

Tomorrows planned Round of Golf looks to have gone down the Crapper.Hurricane Hamish is battering the Highlands for the next 24 hours...

I play off 28. :icon_cool

cos there aint a golf forum.

I normally manage to fit in some rounds during the summer. Normally the first round back after a gap is a shocker but then the old magic comes back. :icon_bigg

Willlow said:
I normally manage to fit in some rounds during the summer. Normally the first round back after a gap is a shocker but then the old magic comes back. :icon_bigg

I've been playing off and on through the winter when the weather allows,stuck on the same best round though can't beat it:102: :102: Membership is up for renewal as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566