Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he replied if you've got him on block ? :icon_wink

You can still see that somebody on your ignore list has posted but you won't have to suffer the content of the post.

How do you know he replied if you've got him on block ? :icon_wink

It's an option open to all posters.

If you go into your control panel, under Settings & Options on the left hand menu click Edit Ignore List and you can add whoever you want to the list.

its great Triful, give it a go. Follow Macky's instructions and type heineken matt in the box and hey presto, he's history.

I have only one person on block, put her on it as soon as I realised she had signed up, so thankfully I never had to suffer reading any of her posts for the short time she was here!

Trifull, try it out, Im' sure there's one or two on here who you'd like to ignore!

I have two on ingore, it's brill, though I do find it annoying that I still have to read their posts if someone quotes them!

I have only one person on block, put her on it as soon as I realised she had signed up, so thankfully I never had to suffer reading any of her posts for the short time she was here!

Trifull, try it out, Im' sure there's one or two on here who you'd like to ignore!

I could, but then I wouldn't get to ridicule them if they make a cock up :icon_bigg

don't worry BF. We have two clowns on here who are not prepared to listen to differing opinions to their own. Just let them get on with it. One of them does not even go to the games anyway.

That's a bit ironic, coming from somebody who has just resorted to putting somebody on his banned list.

Last edited:
I did.

I, for some unknown reason, spotted how useless Hollloway is tactically. He gave me no faith in his team selections or the positions he asked players to play in.
I've been calling for him to go for many months, but I'm one of the minority. The arguments are always the same, look at what he achieved at Plymouth, so what did Holloway achieve at Plymouth ? They were 7th in the table when he left, that isn't even the play-off positions. IMO, he was punching above his weight there. What did he do at QPR, got relegated with them and took three seasons to get promotion again and then they lingered near the bottom of the Championship. Where we are in the table is Holloways normal position.
Then there is the stability argument, stability is great if you have the right man in place, Holloway is not that man. Holloway has never been promoted out of this league and probably never will be. His tactics are easy to see and therefore easy to beat.
Unfortunately to many fans fell for his personality rather than noticing his incompetance and acting on results, is there anyone who is still willing to stick up for their comedian ?:102:

Where we are in the table is Leicester City's position. We have been there for four seasons and heading there for several before that. Successive managers have kept us in that position, so perhaps it is not a manager-problem.

And perhaps while we go on believing that it is a manager-problem, we will sink in this way.

Where we are in the table is Leicester City's position. We have been there for four seasons and heading there for several before that. Successive managers have kept us in that position, so perhaps it is not a manager-problem.

And perhaps while we go on believing that it is a manager-problem, we will sink in this way.
Agreed. There is something fundamentally wrong at Leicester City Football Club. It's just a pity that nobody has a feckin clue what it is...

THe club is rotten all the way through. Even the companies they use are in on the act.

Whatever company it is who runs the 1884 have put the price of pints up by 30p.
30P????

The greedy bastards! 5p or 10p would've been bad enough but that is just an insult, and means that a lot of people who do use it won't next season.

As far as I am concerned it is the manager who takes responsibility for footballing matters. Once we get away from that principle we are lost in a vacuum where no one can be held accountable. The conclusion I draw is that the recent managers of this club have been poor.

Since Mandaric took over, there has been sufficient resource available to the manager to make us competitive in this division. Holloway took over with the club struggling and in spite of all his silly talk and a good deal of expenditure things have just got worse.

Where I think we may have gone wrong is in seeking 'up and coming' managers rather than a more 'boring' appointment whose task would have been to stabilise things and oversee the putting in place of a good coaching infrastructure. I was one of the posters that knocked the Worthington appointment as unimaginative and not one that should have been sustained. On reflection, it probably would have been better to stick with Worthington or his like rather than go for barrow boys like Allen and Holloway.

Oh grow the feck up you stupid little boy.

People can't have a different opinion to you then eh?
People can't be fecking frustrated,annoyed, gutted about the ineptitude we are having to watch and think those who are singing a man's name who has done feck all to move this team in any direction but down might just have their loyalties misplaced then?

And you weren't bloody supporting anybody when chanting those songs about Gillespie, just people thinking they were being 'funny' when doing it, but hey! It's just my opinion, please don't get arsey cos I happened to think it was out of order.

I DON'T sit in silence, anyone on here who knows me knows that, and I wouldn't expect anyone to,so stop making an assumption about what I mean when you obviously haven't got a fecking clue.

I personally feel it is the TEAM that we should be supporting, not the manager. It's them who we need to be backing to the hilt, just like they should be giving us something back to show for it.

But then I'm a boring old fart who sits in silence at games and drinks coffee from a flask, I just want a quiet afternoon:icon_roll
I spy only one person being "arsey". I think Ched was just making a point that you decided to go all personal about. :102:

I didn't find anything 'personal' til he made assumptions about me expecting folk to go to football grounds and not sing or anything. Which is clearly not what I was saying, or indeed what I would expect seeing as I don't sit in silence meself.

I'm not the only person to have said that the songs re: Gillespie were wrong(imo) but I've noticed that others who have said pretty much the same as me haven't been had a pop at or had things said twisted around to suggest something has been said which wasn't.
That chant was what made me feel uncomfortable, not anything else the fans sang or did that day. I don't find anything can be made humorous about rape, or that bloody debacle that happened in La Manga, but that's just me.

I wasn't even having a pop at the fans singing that shoe thing, which I found funny, I just didn't appreciate that Holloway(IMO) would still rather act the clown/fans friend when things were bloody pearshaped on the pitch, and I don't think I was the only one who said that either.
Maybe in future I won't express an opinion that I might think something said/sang or done was wrong because obviously that's just not on. Can't be upsetting the people who create all the atmosphere can we:icon_roll

Anyhoo back to the topic eh?

I see Holloway has said on the OS we showed great character yesterday, and that one point will be enough as long as we win our next two games.
I'm so glad he's certain we will win back-to-back games. I'd love him to be correct on that cos that would go al ong way to keeping us up. But I still think he talks a load of bollocks and regardless of what happens this season, he should be got rid of.

Last edited:
Maybe in future I won't express an opinion that I might think something said/sang or done was wrong because obviously that's just not on. Can't be upsetting the people who create all the atmosphere can we:icon_roll
Saying things like this only carry their full weight if you also stamp your foot or slam a door.

I hereby apologise to those who thought Holloway should have gone months ago - I admit it would have been the wisest decision.

No need to apologise, but it was so blatantly obvious to a few of us months ago, that this clown was way out of his depth in all departments. Except of course the ability to hoodwink the majority with his puns and one liners.

OLD CHINESE PROVERB.........

Manager with discipline
Has disciplined team.
Manager who jokes
Has joke of a team.

I honestly can't believe Holloway hasn't had more stick.

If this was megson people would've wanted him strung up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670