Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree with the callers yesterday, walshie should be given a shot at the job, we all know he has the passion but he can also see the simple things he pointed out all the following during the game.

1 - fryatt and hume came on too late.
2 - mcauley came on too late and even should have started.
3 - why play the top scorer in midfield (hume)
4 - not getting defenders forward on attacking free kicks, when we were 1-0 down yesterday we still had 8 players back on a free kick.
5 - players not making themselves available when we have the ball by moving around instead of been static and easily marked.
6 - strikers not knowing where the net is.
7 - henderson going forward instead of taking the free kick and the defender going forward.

walsh pointed all these things out all pretty basic stuff that holloway isnt working out and he did play under a good manager in a team with a winning mentality so I think he should be employed as manager to work alongside taggart.

I actually agree with the callers yesterday, walshie should be given a shot at the job, we all know he has the passion but he can also see the simple things he pointed out all the following during the game.

4 - not getting defenders forward on attacking free kicks, when we were 1-0 down yesterday we still had 8 players back on a free kick.
5 - players not making themselves available when we have the ball by moving around instead of been static and easily marked.
7 - henderson going forward instead of taking the free kick and the defender going forward.

walsh pointed all these things out all pretty basic stuff that holloway isnt working out and he did play under a good manager in a team with a winning mentality so I think he should be employed as manager to work alongside taggart.

Jerry Taggart used to be very good at spotting the problems from high up when he was on RL, but when it came to him being given a few games in charge, not much really changed. Just because he can spot the obvious doesn't mean he'd be any good at the job, besides, he hasn't got his coaching badges.

Anybody whose been invoved in football, other than standing on the terraces, has seen this for sometime.

These are basic errors.

You can also add, playing DJ in 5 different positions, players not shouting, and going for the same ball etc etc.

yes they are basics, but its now obvious that some managers cant get the basics right. So for me a manager that gets even the basics right is an improvement. Do you think walsh would tolerate half hearted performances? He knows the game and how to win thats whats important.

yes they are basics, but its now obvious that some managers cant get the basics right. So for me a manager that gets even the basics right is an improvement. Do you think walsh would tolerate half hearted performances? He knows the game and how to win thats whats important.

When you have a manager that wont except half hearted performances, and can also get his players to not except half hearted performances, you are on your way to covering one basic job a manager must master.

Yeah, give Walsh the job, if that don't work then perhaps Taggs? Then Sav? Muzzy??

Jesus H.

Let's change the manager always and every time we need more points from those tossers.

Let's change the manager always and every time we need more points from those tossers.

Actually Alex, that's more like the American professional sports model and might not be a bad idea. It couldn't be worse than having a manager who keeps his job because his 'jokes' are successfully pitched at keeping the sympathy of idiots.

Yeah, give Walsh the job, if that don't work then perhaps Taggs? Then Sav? Muzzy??

Jesus H.

I dont think anybody is serious about giving the job to Walshie. They are just stating the obvious, and that is if IH had 5% of Walshies passion, determination and footballing knowhow, we might be in a better position.

EDIT.. just to add, if Walshie did what Steve Bull is doing,people might take him a bit more serious also.

Last edited:
Would that be taking his coaching badges Biff?? Up Walshie pops at every crisis and still cant be arsed to take the course.

Would that be taking his coaching badges Biff?? Up Walshie pops at every crisis and still cant be arsed to take the course.

Ive got a lot of time for Steve, but he, needs to back up his love of this club by, yes taking his badges, taking a non league club (like Bully) earn his stripes and make himself available in the future.

i think big sam would be suited to a club like ours,reminds me a bit of o.neill,footballing wise.

his no-nonsense approach will rattle a few of the senior feckers,who may just start earning there corn or otherwise cheerio

i think big sam would be suited to a club like ours,reminds me a bit of o.neill,footballing wise.

his no-nonsense approach will rattle a few of the senior feckers,who may just start earning there corn or otherwise cheerio

Yeah i think you are right but can't see him coming here.

Didn't exactly work up at Newcastle. :102:

There's no guarantees with managers' fortunes. Being the best thing since a Swan and Rushes cheese & onion cob at one club means nothing.

The truth is that the club needs stability to build from, the squad restructuring is not yet complete and the disruption to the management has to stop somewhere.

I appreciate that none of us are happy with the performances but Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee couldn't transform this squad into a decent side. He made some purchases and a couple haven't come off...but the full fault for this season's dramatic decline is not his fault - it is Mandaric's.

As a kid I f*cking hated medicine, it always left a crap taste in the mouth. I can't see any reasonable option than to carry on down the road.

Sack him means more turmoil and another few million taken from the club and away from potential transfers. I don't want to see that.

Sacking him does not keep us up, is anyone seriously prepared to hand over the reigns to the support staff in the belief that they will somehow elicit winning performances from the squad?

We have a bunch of losers, with losing mentalities, and they need to go - but Holloway is not one of them.

Didn't exactly work up at Newcastle. :102:

his job was never going to be secure as he was appointed by a different owner who didn't want him there. the carrot crunching jester has to be sacked either now or at the end of the season, he is proving himself to be a grade A twat every week

his job was never going to be secure as he was appointed by a different owner who didn't want him there
That wasn't the point, I'm not disputing that.

It was said "his no-nonsense approach will rattle a few of the senior feckers,who may just start earning there corn or otherwise cheerio" and I simply pointed out that he didn't achieve that at Newcastle.

his job was never going to be secure as he was appointed by a different owner who didn't want him there. the carrot crunching jester has to be sacked either now or at the end of the season, he is proving himself to be a grade A twat every week

Love it :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670