Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they effectively just ignore it without passing comment, do they ?

On an LCFC internet forum, FFS

What an utterly ridiculous assertion to make

Where did I assert that there should be no comment on the decision?

No he hasn't, he laid nearly all the blame on the attitude of the players. The twat has washed his hands of any responsibilty.

No he hasn't. However, taking your point on it's own, wouldn't you agree that the attitude of the players was integral to our demise? I certainly would.

We've got through loads of players and managers over recent years and they've all been a let down.

IH is the only person who has said that the mentality at the place stinks and it needs to change. He's also said that he's not managed to do it yet, but will do. What is wrong with that?

I said it all along with IH, if you want him to effect things it will take him time. His record is one of slow, but steady, progress at all his previous clubs. He's doing the same here. MM appointed him and expected miracles and we all did too, including IH himself. Truth is, he can't deliver them. What he can do is make the appropriate changes now. I'm sure he will do too.

MM has either realised this or is actively looking to get out of the club himself. No other reasons are likely from this decision.

Just when the fcuking day could not get any worse.

Iwill not be renewing my ST now, LCFC can feck off for all I care now.

So they effectively just ignore it without passing comment, do they ?

On an LCFC internet forum, FFS

What an utterly ridiculous assertion to make

As has been said, this is a forum where people can express their opinions and, I would have been on here moaning if Holloway had been sacked. The point is, surely, that whilst we express our feelings today, we all have to accept that it is Milan's club and he can do what he wants.
There are a couple of positives that we can all take from this; firstly, this will help to counter the view that we are a manager sacking club. Secondly, Holloway does know the squad. He will know who he wants to keep and who will leave. This cuts out the learning curve that a new manager would go through.

Just when the fcuking day could not get any worse.

Iwill not be renewing my ST now, LCFC can feck off for all I care now.

:058:

Go and have a quiet drink, put your feet up, do a few deep breathing excercises and have a good nights sleep.

Holloway will still be there in the morning but at least you'll feel a little better :icon_lol:

There are a couple of positives that we can all take from this; firstly, this will help to counter the view that we are a manager sacking club. Secondly, Holloway does know the squad. He will know who he wants to keep and who will leave. This cuts out the learning curve that a new manager would go through.

Aye - so that's Mattock and Hume out the door guaranteed

Clapham at left back, and Hayles up front

Can't feckin' wait

This cuts out the learning curve that a new manager would go through.

i'm sure a new manager wouldn't take too long to realise that barry hayles is not a left winger......Holloway clearly is still going through such a curve

No he hasn't. However, taking your point on it's own, wouldn't you agree that the attitude of the players was integral to our demise? I certainly would.

We've got through loads of players and managers over recent years and they've all been a let down.

IH is the only person who has said that the mentality at the place stinks and it needs to change. He's also said that he's not managed to do it yet, but will do. What is wrong with that?

I said it all along with IH, if you want him to effect things it will take him time. His record is one of slow, but steady, progress at all his previous clubs. He's doing the same here. MM appointed him and expected miracles and we all did too, including IH himself. Truth is, he can't deliver them. What he can do is make the appropriate changes now. I'm sure he will do too.

MM has either realised this or is actively looking to get out of the club himself. No other reasons are likely from this decision.

I don't think it was expecting a miracle to anticipate that, with the extra investment in players, we would stay up - something that Levein and Kelly managed with comparatively extremely limited resources. Leaving aside the mysterious Allen affair, I'm mystified as to how Mandaric is happy to let go or lose two half-decent managers but will stick by one who could not manage what was surely his only short-term target. I'm not laying all the blame on Holloway but I do not like him and I cannot see how he is helping.

Let's see what stability can do.

It is certainly the case that it's a good thing that someone's holding the players to account for their performances. Too often it's felt like the players won't care if they're not playing well because they've known it's the manager that will lose his job not them.

It's a change of culture I hope.

Behave yourself

You know perfectly well what was implied :018:

Nothing of the sort was implied. It's nevertheless interesting to see who is and is not ready to accept the decision.

This means one of two things to me, either that MM is a half wit or that he has decided to give up on the club and save his money.

Where does he say '' I made mistakes and a lot of the blame lies with me'' ?

Straight after the game against Stoke he said:

"Too many times this season we haven't done it and the table doesn't lie. Our character needs to be looked at, the overall team and squad. The fans have known it but we've let everyone down. We have to hold our hands up, we were the ones with the responsibility and couldn't deal with it".

He speaks of a collective, rather than individual, responsibility. But in this statement, he admits his, and others, failings. Don't see what more could be expected to be honest. What do you want the man to do, blame himself for everything from Fryatt's finishing to the earthquake in China?

Truth is, he was partly responsible for us going down. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669