Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, it's a good debate....

I agree, I think Hayles was poor in his role - and something I would have looked at changing earlier. Having said that, Hayles DOES cause defenders problems, he will put himself about more than DJ or Howard and I can see why a manager might leave him on, just in case.

For my money though, either play him up front with Hume, or leave him on the bench. In hindsight I actually think we should have always played Hume up front and merely worried about who would partner him.

I'm glad somebody has given Hayles credit. For me he was one of the few players that carried on regardless during several games when we went behind.

I'm glad somebody has given Hayles credit. For me he was one of the few players that carried on regardless during several games when we went behind.

I would have played Hayles and Hume up front at Stoke, no doubt about it for me, two players who would fight every ball 110%.

Ha ha, it's a good debate....

I agree, I think Hayles was poor in his role - and something I would have looked at changing earlier. Having said that, Hayles DOES cause defenders problems, he will put himself about more than DJ or Howard and I can see why a manager might leave him on, just in case.

For my money though, either play him up front with Hume, or leave him on the bench. In hindsight I actually think we should have always played Hume up front and merely worried about who would partner him.

Anyone with half decent judgement would have diagnosed that failure to score goals was LCFC's main critical short term problem to solve... yet IH persisted with playing the one man who could score on the wing for far too long as you say. I don't blame IH for giving it a try - but to do so for so long when it was clear it was not working and until we were pretty much doomed was one hell of a bad piece of management as was one of his alternative strategies in times of desperation - going for Fryatt a couple of times, the one man whom who had long proved that he could not score under any circumstances in a LCFC shirt, and who blew more sitters than you would believe humanly possible. How many points this all cost together, I'm not sure exactly but it was enough to be the difference between relegation and survival - of that I am sure

I am persuaded that the problems at LCFC were deep rooted and multi-layered. So a mid-table obscurity without ever threatening the play-off places would have been justifiable and defensible. But relegation? Do me a lemon, as the cockneys say(!)

Last edited:
I still think that most of Holloway's signings were good, certainly we were all happy with the majority of them when announced.
They were good signings, but he's wasted the money and ruined them.

It's like giving an idiot £500,000 and telling him to go out and buy the best Ferrari. Most idiots could do it, and impress you with their purchasing skills. But most idiots would also ruin the fcuking thing after a few weeks because they haven't got the ability to run it properly.

In fact, most idiots would just send their scout out to buy it, agree it on paper, and then get it delivered without leaving the office. Then proceed to ruin it.

I wouldn't give that idiot too much credit TBH.

Last edited:
They were good signings, but he's wasted the money and ruined them.

It's like giving an idiot £500,000 and telling him to go out and buy the best Ferrari. Most idiots could do it, and impress you with their purchasing skills. But most idiots would also ruin the fcuking thing after a few weeks because they haven't got the ability to run it properly.

In fact, most idiots would just send their scout out to buy it, agree it on paper, and then get it delivered without leaving the office. Then proceed to ruin it.

I wouldn't give that idiot too much credit TBH.

Yet he did a fantastic job at Plymouth Argyle? I haven't heard sources of complaints from players ala times with Levein, Kelly and Allen. Players want to come and play for him, yet nothing has quite seemed to work for him this season, including injury problems at crucial times IMO.

I'm off too
Goodnight BG
Goodnight Melton
Goodnight Alex
Goodnight John Boy
Goodnight Mary Helen

It is dreadful Consty, it really is a '****ing pisser' as they also say.

ah yes, but do you not draw the same conclusions and demand the man's head?

Tomorrow I'm going into my University, $hagging the best secretary in the place in the open over a library table, then buggering the bursar for good measure and then tell the Vice Chancellor to go £uck himself when he protests at my behaviour. I will not accept responsibility. I do not expect to be sacked. It is down to the chronic under-funding of the higher education system.

I'm glad he's staying. Given time I'm sure he'll come good. He cares, and this is exactly what we need right now, stability and a bit of passion.

Milan, you have made several dreadful decisions that have, indirectly, taken us down here. Do you really want to make another one?

You can all go - furious Jewell rants at Derby players

Howard and Oakley, you two came from an elite group so it seems.

Found this amusing, this was at half time against Reading

He asked Robbie Savage to check if the showers in the changing rooms were hot and, when the £35,000-a-week midfielder inquired why he was being asked, the Derby manager told him it was "because you're about to go in them".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669