How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread?

This is the "How Are People Feeling Today?" thread, not the "Gluttonous, fat bastards" thread

Speaking of bastards............

Anyone else hear that silly bint Gabby Logan today on R5L?

They were doing an Oscars preview and one of the guests mentioned Tarantino';s 'Inglorious Basterds'. Gabby went all 'ooh' and 'err' and said we call it 'Inglorious' here.

Anyway, they then went live to Hollywood to hear the nominations and every few minutes there was another nomination for 'Inglorious Basterds'. Spoken in full as it should be.

Bet she felt a twat.

She said something about someone. It was pointed out that she was telling a lie. She disagreed. I know for a fact that she was lying.
She didn't like being called a liar. Being a high profile celebrity she considered it to be libellous, so she made veiled threats about taking legal action - something she had done before. I banned the lying liar.

:icon_lol: Everything about this is funny.

Anyone else hear that silly bint Gabby Logan today on R5L?

They were doing an Oscars preview and one of the guests mentioned Tarantino';s 'Inglorious Basterds'. Gabby went all 'ooh' and 'err' and said we call it 'Inglorious' here.

Daft cow.

Bet she felt a twat.

I'm sure she has but this isn't the place for such things :018:

Sorry, I always do that.

At first I thought he was alright when he asked for the sugar bowl but then he had five sugars into this black coffee. Began the heavy breathing thing, he wanted to talk about David Hockney and when leaving the cafe rather than going to have a quiet word with the assistant as a thanks, he shouted it right across the room.

Should beenexpected really, the ratio to nutter to norm does go through the roof in Coventry.

:038::038:

Well done sir.

On poker stars is there a fixed number of rebuys or is it time specific? edit: 1 hour

Care to tell me how many all in situations you won!?
I had 1 rebuy and an add on. $9 outlay in total.

As you can imagine in 8+hours of play I was all in several times. However before the final table it was either with the goods, or against a smaller stack in a pressuring position with outs. Was chip leader at most of the post midnight tables I was on. Hit trips with smaller pocket pair twice in the later situations which helped but not essential.

Went to the final table with 9m chips. As it turned out, I was a bit unlucky at the final table. The winner was an aggressive Russian who seem to hit the flop hard whenever someone took him on. And he was next to me on the left. Had a few more chips than me initially, but pulled away in the face of little opposition from those to his left. Went a bit card dead too. Had to sit back and watch him taking out player after player, which was good in a way, but meant my chances of winning were greatly diminished.

Love these smaller buy in tournaments as they offer the same amount of play, with greater reward, than the live £50 tourneys I play in the Grosvenor. Guaranteed money if you finish in the top 12% too. 3 hours sleep before work is no fun though.:icon_eek:

I had 1 rebuy and an add on. $9 outlay in total.

As you can imagine in 8+hours of play I was all in several times. However before the final table it was either with the goods, or against a smaller stack in a pressuring position with outs. Was chip leader at most of the post midnight tables I was on. Hit trips with smaller pocket pair twice in the later situations which helped but not essential.

Went to the final table with 9m chips. As it turned out, I was a bit unlucky at the final table. The winner was an aggressive Russian who seem to hit the flop hard whenever someone took him on. And he was next to me on the left. Had a few more chips than me initially, but pulled away in the face of little opposition from those to his left. Went a bit card dead too. Had to sit back and watch him taking out player after player, which was good in a way, but meant my chances of winning were greatly diminished.

Love these smaller buy in tournaments as they offer the same amount of play, with greater reward, than the live £50 tourneys I play in the Grosvenor. Guaranteed money if you finish in the top 12% too. 3 hours sleep before work is no fun though.:icon_eek:

8 hours! :icon_eek: worth it though

Well you have inspired me to do a few more tourneys. I play exclusively on ring 50c/1$, been grinding away for about 8 years. Make around $150 a month but have never had a massive pay out like that.

8 hours! :icon_eek: worth it though

Well you have inspired me to do a few more tourneys. I play exclusively on ring 50c/1$, been grinding away for about 8 years. Make around $150 a month but have never had a massive pay out like that.
Bear in mind you're up against 8000 other players at that level. Only need one bad beat and you're history. Probably will be playing $10/$20 tournies now I have a bigger bankroll. Cashed 5k in one of them year before last and was in bed by 2. Luxury.

Prefer tournaments to ring games though as the rewards far outweigh the buyin. Requires a different mindset to ring games as you have to push and withdraw depending on circumstances.

Ring games tend to drive me a bit nuts with the same blinds all the time. Not that patient.

Bear in mind you're up against 8000 other players at that level. Only need one bad beat and you're history. Probably will be playing $10/$20 tournies now I have a bigger bankroll. Cashed 5k in one of them year before last and was in bed by 2. Luxury.

Prefer tournaments to ring games though as the rewards far outweigh the buyin. Requires a different mindset to ring games as you have to push and withdraw depending on circumstances.

Ring games tend to drive me a bit nuts with the same blinds all the time. Not that patient.

Patience is the key to ring games, but i just run 3 tables to keep the brain interested.

All the glory is in tourneys, but as you say the wins are lot harder to predict!

And how many games did he play? Where is he now?

If Nicky's not obscure, not many people are :icon_wink

Nicholas James "Nicky" Fish (born 15 September, 1984 in Cardiff) is a football player currently without a club.
A product of the Cardiff City youth team, alongside players such as Joe Ledley and Byron Anthony, Fish played for Wales at several youth levels and joined Cardiff at the age of ten years old, signing his first professional contract with the club in 2001. On 3 October 2005 Fish was involved in a serious road accident along with teammates Stuart Fleetwood, Anthony Taylor and Lloyd Jenkins when the car he was travelling in collided with an articulated lorry on the way home from a reserve team match against Hereford United.[2]
He was released by the club in May 2006 after making just one first team appearance for the Bluebirds.

At first I thought he was alright when he asked for the sugar bowl but then he had five sugars into this black coffee. Began the heavy breathing thing, he wanted to talk about David Hockney and when leaving the cafe rather than going to have a quiet word with the assistant as a thanks, he shouted it right across the room.

Should beenexpected really, the ratio to nutter to norm does go through the roof in Coventry.
Did you take a photo for your fb thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69