How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas James "Nicky" Fish (born 15 September, 1984 in Cardiff) is a football player currently without a club.
A product of the Cardiff City youth team, alongside players such as Joe Ledley and Byron Anthony, Fish played for Wales at several youth levels and joined Cardiff at the age of ten years old, signing his first professional contract with the club in 2001. On 3 October 2005 Fish was involved in a serious road accident along with teammates Stuart Fleetwood, Anthony Taylor and Lloyd Jenkins when the car he was travelling in collided with an articulated lorry on the way home from a reserve team match against Hereford United.[2]
He was released by the club in May 2006 after making just one first team appearance for the Bluebirds.

Point proven :icon_lol: On the Obscurometer he's between Samassi Abou and Sam McMahon.

Chuffed; I have another mini-pupillage. With a set of chambers I would really like to join. :038::038::038:

Not too sure what any of that means, but we all seem to be celebrating so I imagine it's good so... YAY!!! Great stuff! :038:

Not too sure what any of that means, but we all seem to be celebrating so I imagine it's good so... YAY!!! Great stuff! :038:
Thanks!!

You have to love the legal professions, and their archaic systems! Basically, I've managed to get work experience (you have to apply for it like you would a job; some chambers even interview for it!) in the hope that it might lead to an apprenticeship. My chances of apprenticeship with that set of chambers have gone up massively by getting the work experience with them. They are very highly respected in the area as well, and I've seen some of their counsel in action, and would love it (in a Keegan way) if they took me on!

Proud of Mrs SJN! When some lowlife tried to snatch her bag at Euston today, she gave him a kicking and he ran off ... empty handed. :038:

Thanks!!

You have to love the legal professions, and their archaic systems! Basically, I've managed to get work experience (you have to apply for it like you would a job; some chambers even interview for it!) in the hope that it might lead to an apprenticeship. My chances of apprenticeship with that set of chambers have gone up massively by getting the work experience with them. They are very highly respected in the area as well, and I've seen some of their counsel in action, and would love it (in a Keegan way) if they took me on!
Well done Lee! I'm daunted at the prospect of finding more worthwhile work experience with solicitor firms which is a piss of piece compared to the bar!

Proud of Mrs SJN! When some lowlife tried to snatch her bag at Euston today, she gave him a kicking and he ran off ... empty handed. :038:
:038: Nice one!!

Well done Lee! I'm daunted at the prospect of finding more worthwhile work experience with solicitor firms which is a piss of piece compared to the bar!
Is it? I thought it was getting harder, as numbers doing the LPC are increasing, and firms are taking on fewer trainees. Have you tried some other areas, such as volunteering for victim support, to get legal experience? Word of warning if you haven't and it's of interest; don't tell them that you are a student looking for legal experience. They don't like that!

Well in! Thats made me smile:023:

I'm feeling shit!

Found out today I didn't get a 2nd interview for a marketing job, at the place where I've worked for 4 years, and have done unpaid work exprerience in that department before, and the hiring manager always talks of how good I am.... yet apparently not good enough for a 2nd interview. And not even given any reason as to why not!

So pissed off, this was supposed to be the one :( Instead my job search, which has been going on for about a year and a half, continues.... and in the meantime I get to start back at my £6 an hour job next week, on the same level as a bunch of 17 year olds. Joy. Not over qualified at all for that job, what with my BSc and MSc.... proving well worth 4 years of uni and about £20k in fees at the moment!

Bollocks :(

I have spent the day on the sofa with my leg up drinking milk. This comes from the advice that David Nugent gave after he came back from a fractured 5th metatarsal in just 6 weeks.

I went to coombs to get some food, and i felt utterly useless as i crossed the road on my crutches to the bank machine, i could feel the eyes burning at me from the cars at the crossing.

I then attempted to startup a league on Football Manager but im in a period of overburn and cannot get into it, the same goes for Call of Duty and Fifa. Instead i whacked out the mega drive collection and completed Sonic 2. It took me back, theres something about the music and the colours. I forget how annoying the last boss was !

Anyway, thats my 1000th post out of the way. Thought id give it some substance.

I have spent the day on the sofa with my leg up drinking milk. This comes from the advice that David Nugent gave after he came back from a fractured 5th metatarsal in just 6 weeks.

I went to coombs to get some food, and i felt utterly useless as i crossed the road on my crutches to the bank machine, i could feel the eyes burning at me from the cars at the crossing.

I then attempted to startup a league on Football Manager but im in a period of overburn and cannot get into it, the same goes for Call of Duty and Fifa. Instead i whacked out the mega drive collection and completed Sonic 2. It took me back, theres something about the music and the colours. I forget how annoying the last boss was !

Anyway, thats my 1000th post out of the way. Thought id give it some substance.

Tore my cartilidge again(more than it already was) last night, So pissed off.
Been hobbling around work all day like I'd shit my self.
Operation looks likely, my second in a year and that won't be until the earliest May. Having to get my girlfriend to put my shoes on for me. Work have even offered me one of the disabled parking spots in our work car park if I manage to drive tomorrow.

Still very sore from yesterday, when some bloody woman gave me a kicking at a train station

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69