How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pissed off.

I received an email earlier informing me I'd changed my Verified by Visa password.

That's odd. I've had to change my VbyV password several times because I can never remember it because their password rules are so frigging complicated it makes them hard to remember. I have *never* had an email telling me that I have changed it.

Shockingly insecure though. If you've got the card or a clone of the card + the holder's date of birth, you can change their password.

That's odd. I've had to change my VbyV password several times because I can never remember it because their password rules are so frigging complicated it makes them hard to remember.

Ditto. I *don't* want a capital letter and at least one number thank you very much :098:

Ditto. I *don't* want a capital letter and at least one number thank you very much :098:

There is a good reason they force you to.

Plus you really should have different passwords to each site you use, even if they follow a similar theme it is better than them all being the same.

If you have a password for your email, banking and amazon for instance, and then you sign up to a dodgy site with the same password, they have your email address and password and can pretty much run riot if they choose to.

Try this for a good indicator:

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

Last edited:
Chuffed.

Finally got me outfit sorted for one of me best mates wedding on Friday.
Well I HAD got it sorted, then decided it wasn't right so went and bought summat new, so had to change everything to go with it!
Would've been happier if I could've found a top I liked which had proper sleeves, but everything is sleeveless or cropped sleeves:icon_sad:
Which means i've had to go and buy summat with long sleeves for when we are outside cos I'm a cold-blooded(or hearted:icon_razz) person.

I'm as pissed off with verified with visa as I am with George.
At the very least they should have some kind of secret question thing to make it more difficult for fraudsters to change the password.

I rang up Lloyds not long ago to question the security they have for the same thing. All you need is your address and date of birth for **** sake

Is 6uDnb14?@5 easy to remember? I imagine it's made harder by the fact you have to also remember tY7:hg70/ and 0Oy417£ulI.

The easy way to do a "nonsense" password is to use a normal word, but to type it one key to the left or right on the keyboard, so a dictionary based attack wouldn't work.
For example Leicester could be Kwuxwarwe

The easy way to do a "nonsense" password is to use a normal word, but to type it one key to the left or right on the keyboard, so a dictionary based attack wouldn't work.
For example Leicester could be Kwuxwarwe

oooh that's good

wonder what the longest word to word transformation you can get is

rub-->tin

anyone got a four one? :)

That's odd. I've had to change my VbyV password several times because I can never remember it because their password rules are so frigging complicated it makes them hard to remember. I have *never* had an email telling me that I have changed it.

Shockingly insecure though. If you've got the card or a clone of the card + the holder's date of birth, you can change their password.

I think each bank is different in the way they do it.
Alliance and Leicester is particularly bad. They don't have complicated rules about the password - mine was all lower case with one number. But a fraudster doesn't even need a DOB to change it, so it seems utterly pointless having the extra layer of security when anyone with your card details can easily change the password.

Try this for a good indicator:

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

It's not really much good.
It doesn't take into account whether the word you use is a real word or just random characters, and it gives far too much credit for having other characters, and not enough for having a longer password.

I tested it with a password made up of 46 random letters, which it called weak.
Then I tried it with a 6 letter name, with the first letter capitalised, followed by the number one. It called that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710