How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling chipper, two assingments done, both ready for submission. Chips are in the oven and Footie manager is on as a personal reward. Doesn't get much better than that to be honest.

:icon_lol: Nope, but you'd think we have a bottomless pot of cash the way they carry on.
Sounds like a company I used to work for. They apparently had a contract with one buying group whereby they had to send out orders to customers nationwide regardless of value, meaning we were sending out orders where the profit margin was outweighed by the carriage cost. Often, the carriage charge was higher than the entire selling value of the order. We were also giving away enormous discounts we patently couldn't afford, including to my current employers, which meant the cost of diesel and a driver negated any profit margin. We were also opening credit accounts for customers we'd never even heard of with little or no background checks (one guy in Notts ordered £9000 worth of stuff on his first order, £1800 worth of which was delivered to - according to the driver - 'a lock up in Retford', after which he promptly liquidated his company). We were also not sending out COSHH sheets for highly flammable and/or dangerous materials, despite being required by law to do so in the circumstances. We were also paying three people to do negligibly different jobs for some ****ing reason. We were crediting goods that weren't being properly accounted for. And the best bit: in my first pay advice from the company, they had, for reasons I still don't know, added rather than subtracted tax and NI contributions, resulting in me getting paid several hundred pounds too much.

It will not surprise you to learn that the company closed its doors in August 2008.

We were also giving away enormous discounts we patently couldn't afford, including to my current employers, which meant the cost of diesel and a driver negated any profit margin.

We have a very similar situation with a hospital - the idiot sales manager has given them such a huge discount that by the time you add on the transportation costs for the kit there and back and the cost of him being there for the operation, we are actually £3-400 down per operation. The best bit is, the MD approved the prices despite me pointing out this glaringly obvious fault.

a firm the company i work for bought out are renovating a Test ground and the tosspots tht did the costings forgot to include the costs of haulage and labour so the projects going to be about £200k loss:icon_lol:

a firm the company i work for bought out are renovating a Test ground and the tosspots tht did the costings forgot to include the costs of haulage and labour so the projects going to be about £200k loss:icon_lol:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Presumably they're seeking employment elsewhere now,

this week: I lost £50, had a flat tyre, smashed passenger window, and a burst pipe! pretty shit you'd think!

one of the old boys from work passed away last night, top bloke, one of my smoking buddies. that stopped me whinging!

top man will be missed:038:

Pretty pleased. The dining room chairs I've been planning to get from Dwell were reduced from £79 each (which I wouldn't have paid) to £29 in their sale today, 8 chairs on order and £400 saved :038:

Quite looking forward to mine tomorrow - they're letting us finish at 16:30 so straight out then.

Gotta drop my car off at 4 and meet back up. Doesn't help that the next youngest after me is 31 and no doubt the two pubs we go in before eating will be real ale Grandad pubs. I need a wingman at this place but that's never going to happen.

At least you've got one :icon_lol:

Its hastily arranged due to no-one being arsed. Its paid for by us as well (understandable) and it's at an average buffet. It's the only social event of the year, I get on better with certain contractors.

Gotta drop my car off at 4 and meet back up. Doesn't help that the next youngest after me is 31 and no doubt the two pubs we go in before eating will be real ale Grandad pubs. I need a wingman at this place but that's never going to happen.

Its hastily arranged due to no-one being arsed. Its paid for by us as well (understandable) and it's at an average buffet. It's the only social event of the year, I get on better with certain contractors.

Cultivating you for work in later years. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58