How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good.
Biulding surveyor has been and has costed the work to the flooring at about £230 and the work to the ceiling about £80.

So just waiting on the woman who is coming to see about the carpet. I might just about get to that £400 excess if I'm lucky!

Is that about the extent of the damage and you have a £400 excess?

Unless you stand to get a settlement of about £200 over your excess, I might be inclined to think twice about settling/proceeding?

Is this household cover?

What happened if you don't mind me asking? Burst pipe? Insurers are forcing up burst pipe excesses (and often not even disclosing it to insureds) tut tut.

Burst pipe last sunday, didnt see it til i got up after 7.30 that morning, has ruined the floorboards and ceiling and also the carpet below by my front door, and it's all one peice of carpet gonig up the stairs and the landings.

So in theory, I should get the cost of a new carpet and underlay and the grip things, plus labour costs.
aven't got the foggiest how much that might be!!
ankfully my mates dad is a carpet fitter and has already told me he will sort me out some carpet for nowt, and Ben's dad is sorting out the floorboard situation for me(Staying mates with your ex has its bonuses!)

tbh I wasn't expecting a costing as much as what I got from the surveyor, so at the mo all I've got to pay out for is that stainblock stuff and a tin of paint for the ceiling etc.

AS for thinking twice about not accepting it, well I'm a pauper lol
My wages cover my bills and give me a bit extra each month I can do what I like with but it isn't a great deal, but with the help of friends I should be able to get it all done in one weekend- and I'm starting to develop a hatred for the smell of wet plaster soI'll just say ta very muchly and get on with it!
TH

So far so good.
Biulding surveyor has been and has costed the work to the flooring at about £230 and the work to the ceiling about £80.

So just waiting on the woman who is coming to see about the carpet. I might just about get to that £400 excess if I'm lucky!

Scrap that - didn't see that you'd answered above.

Last edited:
Burst pipe last sunday, didnt see it til i got up after 7.30 that morning, has ruined the floorboards and ceiling and also the carpet below by my front door, and it's all one peice of carpet gonig up the stairs and the landings.

So in theory, I should get the cost of a new carpet and underlay and the grip things, plus labour costs.
aven't got the foggiest how much that might be!!
ankfully my mates dad is a carpet fitter and has already told me he will sort me out some carpet for nowt, and Ben's dad is sorting out the floorboard situation for me(Staying mates with your ex has its bonuses!)

tbh I wasn't expecting a costing as much as what I got from the surveyor, so at the mo all I've got to pay out for is that stainblock stuff and a tin of paint for the ceiling etc.

AS for thinking twice about not accepting it, well I'm a pauper lol
My wages cover my bills and give me a bit extra each month I can do what I like with but it isn't a great deal, but with the help of friends I should be able to get it all done in one weekend- and I'm starting to develop a hatred for the smell of wet plaster soI'll just say ta very muchly and get on with it!
TH

No, I see where you're coming from, was just concered the £400 excess seems high.

I like a handmade card as it goes and tend to buy handmade ones (I realise this is missing the point - since I could make them) (but they would be crap).

This year I've got too much going on and I'm not doing any cards.

My recent birthday was the first one (ok only the second birthday we've been together) I haven't had a card off my fiance which shes made herself. This means I no longer have to make cards. Result. I realise that sounds stupid, but seriously I used to get bday/xmas/good luck for exam handmade cards.

The last one I made her had a bunch of cross stitch on it.

You can laugh now.

Depends what the cross stitch was if I laugh or not:icon_razz

Apart from sounding like Muttley when I laugh (no comments please :icon_conf) my day is improving from the bag o'shite it was this morning...

Done a decent chunk of my assignment, might have a kip now and do an all nighter tonight just to get it done and out of the way.

Depends what the cross stitch was if I laugh or not:icon_razz

Some sort of heart design. I got it from Hobbycraft thinking 'how difficult can it be?'

My eyes are obviously a bit crap though, since it took me about 3 chuffing hours.

I take it they aren't springing a surprise company day out?

Nothing is a surprise to me as I organise everything :icon_lol:

The lack of decision making is astounding (answering questions with a question - clever), along with the fact that money is p*ssed down the drain at a ridiculous rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48