How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but I have a middle finger with your name on it.:)
I'm in a shitty mood today.

:056: Aaaw, ne'er mind. We'll make you a special certificate with your name on and everything, and lazzer might give a lend of his jacket sometime

Last edited:
I was under the impression that modern safety thinking meant the use of fire extinguishers by anyone other than the fire brigade was to be discouraged.
We've had all ours removed and told in the event of a fire, get out.
Are you qualified to decide what fires are safe to fight?

It was about all situations, domestic, pleasure and work eg how to use a fire blanket correctly to put out a chip pan at home and to check the extinguishers near you in a hotel corridor.

The basic message was to put your own safetly first and generally to tackle nothing much more complicated than a small waste paper basket type fire yourself. We have compulsory annual fire training (without extinguishers) and frequent evacuation practice where different routes get blocked. I work in an environment with piped gases and where a number of people may not be able to get themselves out easily, so there are different plans for different staff and different areas of the building. We take it very seriously.

But it was fun playing.

Last edited:
It was about all situations, domestic, pleasure and work eg how to use a fire blanket correctly to put out a chip pan at home and to check the extinguishers near you in a hotel corridor.

The basic message was to put your own safetly first and generally to tackle nothing much more complicated than a small waste paper basket type fire yourself. We have compulsory annual fire training (without extinguishers) and frequent evacuation practice where different routes get blocked. I work in an environment with piped gases and where a number of people may not be able to get themselves out easily, so there are different plans for different staff and different areas of the building. We take it very seriously.

But it was fun playing.
We had a fun day out in Newport fire station doing much the same years ago(I cant believe I've used the word fun and Newport in the same sentence).

Funny enough, we've had all our waste baskets taken away too. Fire hazard. We have bins with a lid on in a designated area for recycling etc. Keeps the staff fit and saves on cleaning bills too.

:056: Aaaw, ne'er mind. We'll make you a special certificate with your name on and everything, and lazzer might give a lend of his jacket sometime
Can I have a fireman's hat too please? And a siren to play with?

Excited by the prospect of a three country African tour in December, which would take in the Masai Mara in Kenya, mountain gorillas in Rwanda and the Ethiopian highlands.

Can I afford it? Can I bollocks. Am I going? Yeah, **** it! :icon_cool

Feeling bl**dy wonderful: I've just had a telephone call from my step daughter who has been studying on the north coast of Japan, she flew back to Britain, yesterday!!! :icon_bigg

Feeling pretty good, just had my pay review and been given a 6% pay raise! :038:

I was just happy to have a job, so pretty good bonus. Yay!!!

Good for you :038:

Excited by the prospect of a three country African tour in December, which would take in the Masai Mara in Kenya, mountain gorillas in Rwanda and the Ethiopian highlands.

Can I afford it? Can I bollocks. Am I going? Yeah, **** it! :icon_cool

Jammy bugger :icon_bigg

Cate dont start on the anti man thing already its a slippery slope. Before you know it you will be listening to KD lang and wearing dungarees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00