How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit's ok, it's not what I want to do long term. It's very useful experience though, and it confirms what areas I want to be in, should the question arise in interview!

Just noticed - yet another member with a name change.

Dunno what you and the Major have given Jeff but it obviously helped!

So you don't want to be defending the guilty then?
It's not about which side, as such, it's the area of laws I'm dealing with or want to deal with. I want to go into Criminal, Immigration and Family. Civil is not really my cup of tea.

Just noticed - yet another member with a name change.

Dunno what you and the Major have given Jeff but it obviously helped!

I'd love to say, but there's an injunction in place.

Currently stupidly chuffed with myself for getting the scanner on my HP printer working properly and printing to it via wireless from my iPhone, given that the printer isn't actually compatible with Windows 7 and have spent far too many hours tonight and last night trying to sort it out.

Wife thinks I'm very sad, and she's probably right.

Last edited:
I don't see any arguments against it either. Reads to me as an article detailing how the attitude of many towards martiage have changed, which is true.

I thought the article was quite sensible. There have been people who have criticized Ed Miliband for having children while not being married. IMO this is a ridiculous criticism since politicians (and footballers) domestic lives are none of our business. However ridiculous people have a vote so it is a sensible to nullify the criticism. The timing is also sensible since being overshadowed by the Royal Wedding it becomes no big story.

The big story seems to me the lack of impact by Ed Miliband. Within a few months of becoming Leader Of The Opposition Harold Wilson and Tony Blair had established themselves as credible alternatives to the Prime Minister - so to a lesser extent did Margaret Thatcher and David Cameron . Neil Kinnock, William Hague and Ian Duncan Smith never did. It is foolish for political parties to "sleepwalk" to election defeat rather than change a low impact leader. The Conservatives got rid of Mrs Thatcher when they realised they would lose the next election under her and did the same for Ian Duncan Smith. Labour did the same with George Lansbury. I doubt whether Labour has the ruthlessness to do the same with Ed Miliband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69