Post Match Hull 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
King is certainly not a replacement for Kante so feck knows why he started. He was largely anonymous as is often the case IMO. Got to start Mendy and hope he gets into the swing of things quick. Only player that really looked half decent was Gray who unfortunately took a knock after earning the penalty....

I think you just took the 3 points for granted.In fairness l think most teams would have been complacent against us.
It felt you were 4 players light without the performances of Kante and Huth
Not me. With the farcical Hollywood style pre season we had we were ripe for a picking. Totally unprepared for a premier league season. Not saying Hulls was much smoother though!
Well done to the Tigers

Confused by Wes' performance during preseason and today. He was twice beaten today by Curtis D at identical corners leading to the first goal, really didnt command the back line that I expect someone of his experience and has to take some responsibility for both goals against United last week. I get the protection he got from midfield last season which has been less effective and not having Huth alongside him today but do think thats distracting from his really poor performances in a critical position. Physically he should be better rested then last year and given last season we all saw he could play a bit and more then hold his own, I do think his issues are more lack of concentration and even confidence but struggling to put finger on it.

King is certainly not a replacement for Kante so feck knows why he started. He was largely anonymous as is often the case IMO. Got to start Mendy and hope he gets into the swing of things quick. Only player that really looked half decent was Gray who unfortunately took a knock after earning the penalty....
Mendy isn't a replacement for Kante. That's been stated time and again. Is it not possible to play a team that doesn't have somebody in that role?

Confused by Wes' performance during preseason and today. He was twice beaten today by Curtis D at identical corners leading to the first goal, really didnt command the back line that I expect someone of his experience and has to take some responsibility for both goals against United last week. I get the protection he got from midfield last season which has been less effective and not having Huth alongside him today but do think thats distracting from his really poor performances in a critical position. Physically he should be better rested then last year and given last season we all saw he could play a bit and more then hold his own, I do think his issues are more lack of concentration and even confidence but struggling to put finger on it.
Wes might be captain but Huth seems to be the defensive leader

I think you just took the 3 points for granted.In fairness l think most teams would have been complacent against us.
Congratulations. Impressive to pull that off after a pre-season like that no matter how shite we were

I think today can be summed up in two sentences:

1) we were completely imbalanced.

2) we were arrogant and lacked bite.

Kick up the arse required.

Christ, Cathy's most sensible, balanced post ever comes off the back of THAT. Fair play and I think fair points! (Fair points in the post, not in the game)

Defence was lacking. Attack not at their sharpest but looked worse by the defence being so shite

Hmmm! What do they say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

The new players are new to the EPL. Vardy, Kante and Mahrez were not instantly brilliant when they first joined. They will take time to adjust to the pace.

Musa is fast but he does not cover the whole pitch in the way Okazaki does, so Okazaki should start next time. Musa did provide two great chances for Vardy.

Albrighton is much better defensively than Gray so should start instead of him.

Morgan and Huth were magic last season, so Huth should start ahead of Hernandez, although Hernandez' long throw is a potent weapon.

I do not accept Vardy being unfit for why he missed two easy chances which only required guiding the ball into the right part of the net.

King is no good as a defensive midfielder. Could Hernandez play there?

I thought Schmeichel had a good game. Brilliant save from the first shot. No chance with either goal strike,

Everybody was guilty of passes going astray and we were a good 20% off our normal pressing pace. Mahrez was less magic than normal but he cannot do much if no-one passes to him.

Maybe Ranieri thought Hull would be poor enough we could just make big changes without upsetting the balance of the team.

Ranieri said pre-match that everybody would have to defend more to make up for the loss of Kante. They did not.

Until we get another Kante, we need a Plan B.

Thoroughly disappointing. Hull should be applauded they did well to shut out our game and sat deep, the chances we had we wasted.

Their first goal was poor by us, especially as we had an earlier warning off a similarly worked corner to Davies. Second goal was just a mess, sometimes that quick distribution has worked well for us, is Schmeichel at fault?

We now have a tough run of games ahead. 40 points just like last season.

The only thing I'm upset about is Vards. There's something seriously wrong with the mentality of someone who punches themself in the face. What the ****ing **** is going on in that man's mind?

Oh, and the lack of squad fitness. So that's two things.

And the damp squib support, far too quiet at times. Three, that's three things.

Mahrez too, I hate it when he's off form. And the Kante hole that remains empty. And that the Kante hole covers the entire pitch. And that we didn't thump a poor Hull 7-0. And that we were abysmal in defence. And Kingy wasn't the marauding attacking midfielder he can be. And Claudio didn't make any funny noises.

It's brilliant to have the old Leicester back.

Having had time to think about it, i think Claudio had as poor a game as the players, his selection was strange, last season he never tinkered and stayed loyal week in week out to the same group of players, if Huth was out then in came Was, Albrighton was always selected until Vards suspension when Schlupp came in to provide the pace we would have been missing and Okazaki was always selected to provide the link from midfield to attack and provide the work rate and menace that freed up space for Vardy. Yesterday Claudio had decisions to make and for some reason made unnecessary changes.

Whilst on paper it looked an exciting team, there was no rhyme nor reason as to why Hernandez and Musa were thrown in at the deep end, whilst Musa had a promising debut, it did change the dynamic of our play, to lose Kante's industry and energy is a blow, but to then take out Okazaki's usual contribution and all of a sudden we lose a considerable amount of our work rate and energy. Also whilst Gray has looked promising in pre season, it was Albrighton's starting role to lose, again the change was unnecessary and affected the balance and structure of the team and perhaps explains why Fuchs looked so exposed and struggled.

For me the likes of Musa and Hernandez need time to acclimatise to English football, we should be using the nucleus of last seasons squad to build us a good, sold start to the season, allowing the new signings time to bed in. Over the next few weeks I would like to see Gray and Musa being used as impact subs where I believe they will provide excellent options to bring off the bench and utilise their pace and skill to terrorise tired defences.

In defence of Claudio, the selection of King was the right decision, at the start of last season Kingy started alongside Drinky whilst Kante bedded in and we got off to a flyer and it shou,d have been the same yesterday, it was the unnecessary changes that destabilised us yesterday IMO.

The only thing I'm upset about is Vards. There's something seriously wrong with the mentality of someone who punches themself in the face. What the ****ing **** is going on in that man's mind?

Hang on, when was that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Should have been two up at half time, could have been a different game and we would have all been singing Claudio's praises.

Well done to Hull.

Hope we batter Arsenal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572