If you hate Holloway - read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you date Holloway - read this

I believe that Ian Holloway is a good manager but not a great one. He was the wrong man for Leicester's situation. After the hyperactivity of Martin Allen we needed someone to settle things down. This was clearly the thinking behind Gary Megson. However, Megson left Leicester in the lurch - for me Megson must take some of the blame. One of Holloway's characteristics is hyperactivity - though of a more positive kind than Allen - which is just what we did not need.
In the January transfer window Holloway made three permanent signings - Howard, Oakley and Worley. Two of them were excellent. However, he could not solve our winger problem.That and being too slow to realise that Ben Alnwick was a liability in goal cost us desperately needed points.
What was needed after the trauma of Martin Allen and Gary Megson was a calming influence like Nigel Pearson. Better late than never.

But you didn't answer my question. Will there be any discount on multiple purchases? And now that you are selling plain Holloway masks, would you be able to supply biros so that we can scrawl our own messages on them?

But you didn't answer my question. Will there be any discount on multiple purchases? And now that you are selling plain Holloway masks, would you be able to supply biros so that we can scrawl our own messages on them?

yes, we can do that

I have a leather face mask with studs and chains attached can I wear that?

Ooopps Sorry wrong forum?:icon_redf

Interestingly enougth re this Holloway thing I found this from the Fox when he first came here I do not believe it was all his fault,as he explains:-

Extract from Ian Holloway interview from The FOX – Dec 2007…

FOX: What were your first impressions when you got here?

IH: Well I’ve bummed around on all sorts of parks pitches and the immediate thing you see here is this set up is Premiership. It really is. Unfortunately the stuff on the grass isn’t. I have never had the facilities or the budget I have here and I feel that I’m now in a different role. I’ve always been an under dog. But it wouldn’t feel right sitting here if I hadn’t had all those experiences I have had. I’ve stood at QPR and lost to Vauxhall Motors in an FA Cup match in a replay on penalties. I’ve had things thrown at me. This is my twelfth season as a manager. I’ve been in nearly every division, I’ve sold players, bought players, been in administration, been under five different boards at QPR and kept it solid. I want to bring in the values I have learned during all that.

I know you are all fed up with the situation here and if I were you then I would be too. But until I can change things please help me with what I have here. Let’s make it, when they tiptoe out there, that the other team are afraid, not our boys. Let’s make some noise and encourage them. I felt it at Cardiff, all we needed was a goal to go in and the roof would have been lifted off the place.

You know, I saw Carl Cort score against Chelsea the other week, it might be okay. But I’ve got to make him feel 25 feet tall. I guarantee you I will bring in people that you will want to watch, that I would pay to watch myself. People who really care and want to win.

You know I have that many right backs I don’t know what to do with them, a couple of them can play left back but I’ve got Mattock and Sheehan who can operate on the left now. So what use are the others to me? They know it, I know it, but I’m trying to give them all a chance. Mind you out of this huge squad I’ve got only about 18 of them are actually available I’ve got that many missing at the moment. I’ve got Jimmy Neilsen who’s a dead man walking round here, poor bugger. You know, why was he brought here? I don’t know…

I feel sorry for you lot but I know things are going to change. But we’ve got to create an energy so that people from outside want to come here. I’m getting phonecall after phonecall from players I have known and they want to come here. Which is exciting, but I’ve got to be very selective.

3 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Tags: blackpool, ian holloway, leicester city

3 Comments

Gaf
September 9, 2009 at 11:48 am
It’s an interesting interview, and I think shows what a state the club was in when Ollie took over. The squad was at rock bottom in terms of morale, and was completely unbalanced after Martin Allen’s “kid in the sweetshop” approach to signing players, (not helped by Milan sticking his oar in).
I’m not saying that Ollie doesn’t bear partial responsibility for the shambolic season that saw us being relegated, just that others need to take their share too. I don’t think he was really given a fair chance. I would have been happy for him to have a go at getting us out of League 1, (although I’m obviously very happy that Pearson is now in charge – who wouldn’t be?).

Andy Prior
September 9, 2009 at 11:49 am
I would love to know what ‘Olly’ has to say about working with Mandaric. Might not appear for a while, maybe when he does his next book, but that must have been like working with one hand tied behind your back.
The only time he really p*ssed me off was when he told us all to “chill out and have a sandwich” after a lamentable display at 1o man Watford. It was plain to see that we were in trouble that night and I would have more respect for the man if he just said it like it was instead of this ‘joker speak’ that he seems to enjoy so much.

davieG
September 9, 2009 at 2:21 pm
There’s no excusing the man. Fair enough you can’t blame him that we didn’t finish in the play-offs or even upper mid-table but he’s solely to blame for our actual relegation.

He had sufficient time and by his own admission ample resources to ensure we at least stayed up.

That he didn’t manage it by ‘1′ measly point is definitely down to him and him alone.

Leave a Reply
Click here to cancel reply. Name (required)

E-mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Archives
September 2009
August 2009
Blog Stats
7,970 hits
Blogroll
Bentley's Roof
Foxes Trust
FoxesTalk
LCFC World
NewsNow
WordPress.com
WordPress.org

Subscriptions

When he returns on Saturday, I will be indifferent to him. I wonder if I can acquire a mask that demonstrates this? As the facial expression required would need to be fairly sophisticated, I'd be prepared to pay £7.20.

:081:

i dunno if this has been addressed as i can#t be arsed to dwell through all the shite posted in this thread, but why has the title been changed to "if you date holloway"

i dunno if this has been addressed as i can#t be arsed to dwell through all the shite posted in this thread, but why has the title been changed to "if you date holloway"

'Dwell through?' Is this something about your arse? Is this why you date holloway?

I don't hate Holloway, to be honest I feel a bit sorry for him. He was just one part (albeit the last) of a collection of parts that resulted in our failure so it's harsh to saddle him with the blame. It's all history now anyway and I believe we are a stronger team than we were then, or would have been had we stayed up. So perhaps we should wear masks thanking Holloway for his part in putting us where we are now....:icon_bigg

I Agree :038:

Re: If you rate Holloway - read this

I found I had some sort of connection with Ollie, while I loved his Media word play and his individual approach I also grew frustrated with is tactical choices. In short - He tied and failed, why burn him at the stake for it? 2 years on we are in a better position and in my opinion much better suited to making a proper assault on the top half of the table, the question is would Ollie have done this should he have been left in charge...I'm not so sure.

Thanks God that we have Nige, and lets not be so quick to jump on his back when things don't go to plan over the course of the season....as I think with Ollie the pressure we heaped on him never helped....although its part and parcel I guess.

Re: If you rate Holloway - read this

I was surprised against Cheltenham that the fans shouted "Mad Dog give us a wave" which Martin Allen did. This seems a much better attitude toward Ian Holloway than infantile masks.

All this nonsense about masks will do is give Holloway a further ego boost re his sense of self-importance.

One of the oddities about some Leicester supporters is their obsession with the irrelevant past e.g. the stuff over McGhee, Wise and now Holloway. It's similar to this synthetic rivalry with other East Midlands clubs that sometimes descends into almost pathological hatred. What makes it even sadder is that the nuttters at all these other clubs are focussed on rivalries with different clubs rather than us.

All this nonsense about masks will do is give Holloway a further ego boost re his sense of self-importance.

One of the oddities about some Leicester supporters is their obsession with the irrelevant past e.g. the stuff over McGhee, Wise and now Holloway. It's similar to this synthetic rivalry with other East Midlands clubs that sometimes descends into almost pathological hatred. What makes it even sadder is that the nuttters at all these other clubs are focussed on rivalries with different clubs rather than us.

Well said. To hate anyone is to give them power over you. I have nothing but respect for Ollie as a man but give my support to Nigel Pearson and his team who are doing rather well.

Some of my respect for Ollie as a man comes from non-football. He has used his daughter's deafness in a positive way to give support for all sort of deaf causes. I hope that if I was in that situation I would do as well. Come on LCFC94 surely you would agree with that.

You forgot that **** Peter Taylor. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570