iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multitasking will sap battery power on any device, not just an iPhone

I'd like to question you about this.

What if you have a very processor intensive program running, using 100% of the processor's resources?

If you then run something else, the two programs will share the processor, so the first one will run slower, but it won't use any more power.

I'd like to question you about this.

What if you have a very processor intensive program running, using 100% of the processor's resources?

If you then run something else, the two programs will share the processor, so the first one will run slower, but it won't use any more power.

Thanks Jeff, I'm glad you asked me that.

In my unconsidered opinion, a single application is very unlikely to use 100% of available processor resources for any sustained amount of time. It will possibly peak at that for fractions of a second, but is unlikely to hog resources for any noticeable amount of time.

Running multiple applications will obviously put more pressure on the processor. The operating system will assign tasks to the processor in a prioritised queue, therefore no single application will run any faster, or slower, than any other. Each one is given as much processor time as it requires to fulfil its task in an orderly fashion.

In my unconsidered opinion, a single application is very unlikely to use 100% of available processor resources for any sustained amount of time. It will possibly peak at that for fractions of a second, but is unlikely to hog resources for any noticeable amount of time.

You've never done any video processing or compression then :icon_wink

You've never done any video processing or compression then :icon_wink

Very little. :icon_bigg
The point holds true though, any processor can only do as much as it physically can and it will always do any task at its maximum speed, however many or few processes you present to it.

It can't do more cycles than it's designed to do, but if you make it do maximum cycles for a sustained amount of time, it'll use more juice. Simples

Here's an egg, would you like to suck it?

I read somewhere yesterday that someone had flown over from Dubai and queued out for so many hours to make sure he was first in line to get the new phone. When the shop opened they let all the people who had pre-ordered in first.

Apparently he was distraught and is going to complain to the head of Apple. Tosser.

I think there are a load of other 'improvements' but whether you notice them or care is another matter.

Itv world cup app and sky mobile tv not working. Sky better update soon otherw*s* they will have some pretty hacked off customers paying 6 pound a month, although of course they will say you shouldn't have changed os and it's all the customers fault....

The Sky app has been updated. I downloaded it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566