is anyone else bored with waiting for next season already ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's only a recent thing, but there seems to be more girls playing and from a younger age, more in line with the way the lads have always started playing.

My young one is 11 and she is better and more skillfull than a lot of the lads that she plays with, and against, and she's not the only one, there are a good few girls at the same age that are a lot handier than a lot of the boys.

She loves playing and is a hell of a lot better than I was at her age, the only worry is that as she gets older she might struggle to carry on playing, there seems to be less teams that allow girls to play
over 13, here anyway.

Its definitely a recent thing, when I was at school (and even when my sister who has just turned 19 was there) there was very few girls played football. so the standard in 10 years time will probably be much improved on now

Yes, the Barton talk is painfull.

No. Half-happy despite appreciating that being Champions in the first attempt was a good achievement. I am already becoming annoyed at this false hope created by the Mockery and other sections of press. Need to take a step back and get away from the football bubble for a few weeks post-May.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism imo. While some people may be believing we can get b2b promotions, i dont think anyone will say it was a bad first season or will be calling for NPs head if we finished mid-table for example.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism imo. While some people may be believing we can get b2b promotions, i dont think anyone will say it was a bad first season or will be calling for NPs head if we finished mid-table for example.

I think if we lose a few games or are not in the top 10 after 10 games people will get on the teams back. Potentially if we have a bad first game then people will start from the second game.

Do you not ? I'd bet you all the money in BG's bank account some will want him out if we don't finish in at least the Play Offs

Quite right nuffink wrong with optimism but it's sometimes wise to get away from football for a couple of months personally. I can anything above 18th would be an achievement next season but I have a sneaky feeling we may have a flirtation with the play-offs before settling around 10th.

I have a sneaky feeling we may have a flirtation with the play-offs before settling around 10th.

A few days ago I thought that next season we might have a similar season to the one Swansea have had this year, which is basically as you described. That would be a fantastic achievement.

i know im bored of waiting...hence my really important Milan Mandaric thread.

Quite right nuffink wrong with optimism but it's sometimes wise to get away from football for a couple of months personally. I can anything above 18th would be an achievement next season but I have a sneaky feeling we may have a flirtation with the play-offs before settling around 10th.

i agree completely, i think a similar season to Swanseas would be an excellent achievement, but id be happy to finish where Doncaster have too, as long as we werent cut adrift at the bottom by xmas as they were.

I dont think the play-offs are beyond us though, i think the set up and the management team is there, just realistically i will be happy with just staying clear of a relegation battle this season, 17th or 18th would do me fine, but i do have a lot of belief and optimism we could be up there though

I'm really bored now. Will be worse tomorrow come 3 o'clock best make sure i'm doing something!!

i agree completely, i think a similar season to Swanseas would be an excellent achievement, but id be happy to finish where Doncaster have too, as long as we werent cut adrift at the bottom by xmas as they were.

I dont think the play-offs are beyond us though, i think the set up and the management team is there, just realistically i will be happy with just staying clear of a relegation battle this season, 17th or 18th would do me fine, but i do have a lot of belief and optimism we could be up there though

I think we can make the playoffs also.

Talking of Doncaster if we have a run to start next season like they had after Christmas we could be in for a good season if we keep it up and get some other BETTER players in the January transfer window and then push on in the new year

i'm liking all the optimism ! - i think we can have a good season in the championship.
its the first time we've been promoted into this league and i think that if we can keep the momentum going it will help !

All we need is some quality signings in the summer - which so far Nige & crew have proved they can spot a 'goodun' and the crowd behind them and we should be able to have a good crack at the playoffs :038:

bring it on :icon_bigg

i might watch the leeds game again still got it on sky plus :icon_bigg

Decided not to record it as its always been bad luck!

Enjoy Steve's header, it just gets more magnificent every time you see it

im like that with the radio ! The opposition always seem to score when i tune in :icon_conf

Tuning in whilst in the car is always bad ju ju.

I wore my lucky football socks under my jeans like the loser I am to the Leeds game. I'm saving them up for our next big tie as I don't want them to lose their magical powers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670