It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
: What a load of old shite!!!

If Mandaric is not careful or lucky soon - our club will become the laughing stock of English football.

So far - the media has not shown a lot of interest in our difficulties in replacing Megson - soon some journalist is going to put the boot in, I'm afraid.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: What a load of old shite!!!

It's poor when the chairman has to make up a story about not even being interested in someone when he has made the guy an offer. We're in the shit. FACT

i personally want milan to hurry up and appoint which ever crock of shite manager is going to come in and carry on our mediocre journey. when mediocre managers who are currently at shite clubs reject us it really does put it into context where this club is heading

They would say that if they don't want their fans to know they gave him permission to talk to us.

Exactly.

But wow everyone will believe that Holloway prefers Plymouth to us - in spite of a presumed bigger pay deal.

I suggest MM tries what was often done years ago - i.e. sticks an advert in the national press. Yes, that really used to happen.

i personally want milan to hurry up and appoint which ever crock of shite manager is going to come in and carry on our mediocre journey. when mediocre managers who are currently at shite clubs reject us it really does put it into context where this club is heading

With the situation as it is at the moment, I don't think we can expect anything to happen in the near future. Not for the first time in this saga, things have broken down at what seemed to some to be a late stage - although I do think in this case, Holloway never really had any intention of leaving Plymouth.

I understand that we are back to looking at a short list, rather than actually being in negotiations with any single individual. In fact, it seems that we are back to compiling a short list rather than working from it.

And if you're talking about Holloway as a mediocre manager and Plymouth as a shite club, I would suggest that the former is less mediocre than anything that we have had for a while and that City are somewhat shiter than Plymouth at the moment.

Last edited:
With the situation as it is at the moment, I don't think we can expect anything to happen in the near future. Not for the first time in this saga, things have broken down at what seemed to some to be a late stage - although I do think in this case, Holloway never really had any intention of leaving Plymouth.

I understand that we are back to looking at a short list, rather than actually being in negotiations with any single individual. In fact, it seems that we are back to compiling a short list rather than working from it.

Probably paying us back from a couple of years ago.

What a dreadful situation.

three easy steps to appointing the new manager:

1. visit www.leaguemanagers.com (about half way down there's a list of available managers)

2. stop anywhere down the list (preferably at random)

3. order bacon cobs for press conference

And if you're talking about Holloway as a mediocre manager and Plymouth as a shite club, I would suggest that the former is less mediocre than anything that we have had for a while and that City are somewhat shiter than Plymouth at the moment.

Spot on, I'm afraid.

The price of years of failure and poor appointments and/or fans' unrealistic expectations (me included) resulting in frequent dismissals - seems to have caught up with us.

Fueled by MM's unrealistic promises this season.

if he had aimed for midtable or top half and got a half decent manager to construct a decent hard working squad then maybe we could attract better going forward. we will be hard pushed to attract any half decent players in the future i think

Fueled by MM's unrealistic promises this season.

Plus don't you reckon a few calls have been made by prospects to Mssrs Allen & Megson asking what MM is like to work for...

.... and then a swift withdrawal of interest as they are too busy washing their hair

Plus don't you reckon a few calls have been made by prospects to Mssrs Allen & Megson asking what MM is like to work for...

.... and then a swift withdrawal of interest as they are too busy washing their hair

That was the excuse from Wilkins & Vialli.

Worthington's contract at N.Ireland runs out after their match on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59