It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget that MM supposedly said this stuff to the Plymouth local rag, I can't help thinking that they have made half of it up.

Lets not forget that MM supposedly said this stuff to the Plymouth local rag, I can't help thinking that they have made half of it up.

This is what i think too.

If that was the case radio leicester would've used that stament, instead they said he wouldn't comment on holloway.

This from MMs favourite publicity machine

Daily Mirror 20/11/2007

Leicester are ready to name Ian Holloway as their new manager in the next 24 hours - if they pay Plymouth a £230,000 transfer fee.

Holloway is on the brink of quitting Argyle and will have talks with the Devon club today before deciding whether to quit for the wealthier and more ambitious Foxes.

The extrovert boss has emerged as Milan Mandaric's No.1 choice after a lengthy saga that has seen Leicester talk to several other candidates but run into problems. Holloway has grown frustrated with the chase as he has been on the hit-list but has seen other names come and go.

He will want to be sure he is the next Foxes boss before he hands in his resignation.

Leicester, meanwhile, are optimistic they have the right man in their sights now and negotiations should be concluded quickly.

Holloway has had his differences with the Plymouth board and fans in recent weeks and he may be allowed to go if the compensation is paid.

Mandaric picks his prime target
by Bill Anderson
Milan Mandaric has identified his target and hopes to install him as Leicester City's new manager before the weekend.
mandaric-tu47.jpg

But both City and Plymouth Argyle have denied reports that a deal has been done for Ian Holloway to leave the Devon club for the Walkers Stadium.
City chairman Mandaric returned from a week's break in California with a clear candidate in mind and expects to have him in place before the Championship match at Bristol City on Saturday.
Speculation had moved Argyle manager Holloway to the top of the rumour list to the extent where it was said to be a done deal, but Mandaric insisted: “Even if I was interested in any manager with a club I would not mention his name because that would upset things there.
“I have not even made an official approach to any club to ask permission to speak to anyone.”
And Plymouth chairman Paul Stapleton said last night: “There is no truth it. I spoke to Ian at lunchtime today about loan transfers and contract talks for other players.
“I haven't heard anything from anybody so I don't know where this has come from.”
Holloway, along with Iain Dowie at Coventry and ex-City man Simon Grayson at Blackpool, have been thrust into the spotlight after several out-of-work candidates have seemingly slipped out the reckoning.
The obvious main target, ex-Wigan boss Paul Jewell, did have talks but decided to stay out of football for the time being, so Mandaric has had to look elsewhere and he said: “Hopefully I can get this done by the weekend and I would like to thank the supporters for their patience.
“I feel a sense of urgency in providing them with the right man and I am working towards that as soon as possible, but it is not easy.
“I am looking for someone to stamp his authority on the players in terms of how they play and what tactics we use.
“It is important to get the right guy, but there is not a lot of choice at the moment.”

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|65542620112007326293531&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

That goes a long way to saying that its Ollie....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59