January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least you could excuse Matty for leaving to go to what is a 'massive club'

If Fryatt gets the chance to make a big money move to the premiership and secure his familys future then he will be off like a shot, and who could blame him. Even a move to a side like Wigan would see him at least double if not triple his current wage.

Also if Milan gets a sniff of some decent cash, he will sell. Remember that is how Portsmouth did so well, by wheeling and dealing, selling players and reinvesting to improve the side.

I have no doubt that if Wigan or any other club offer over 3 million we will accept it and Milan will expect Pearson to use whatever money available to bring the players in to move the club forward.

If Fryatt had even the slightest bit of Premiership experience he would probally have already gone.

:102: What does that mean?

Teams dont want to gamble on him at the moment, and would you ?

Why not? The boy scores goals, City would probably bite a club's hand off for £3m. It doesn't sound like much of a gamble, rather it seems to me a team struggling for goals would be dropping a bollock in not trying to bring him on board.

I mean he can go missing for 3-4 games can't he ?

Define 'go missing' - from where I sit it seems he works hard.

I wouldnt begrudge him moving to a team like Wigan, not like i did with Twattock anyway. Its an appealing challenge at a PREM side with only 3 reconised strikers, he would walk into their team regardless.

Not sure I'd begrudge any player wanting to further his career. It's a short career, on the whole clubs have zero loyalty to players and no player automatically owes any club anything. That said, Mattock seemed desperate for a pointless sideways move to an arguably smaller club, so bollocks to him.

Well i just think that a lot of Prem clubs are probally put off by Fryatt because he has no Prem experience. I think thats whats holding most of them back.

Fryatt does work hard, but he can go missing. Like recently he didnt score for 7 matches and was dropped. Hes a quality player im not taking any of that away from him but he is guilty of being inconsistant at times, which is maybe the reason no firm offers have been received.

I think he went missing for 46 games in our relegation season, although to be fair he was very young and still learning back then.

Well i just think that a lot of Prem clubs are probally put off by Fryatt because he has no Prem experience. I think thats whats holding most of them back.

Fryatt does work hard, but he can go missing. Like recently he didnt score for 7 matches and was dropped. Hes a quality player im not taking any of that away from him but he is guilty of being inconsistant at times, which is maybe the reason no firm offers have been received.

I think he went missing for 46 games in our relegation season, although to be fair he was very young and still learning back then.

Prem clubs have often taken risks on non-prem experienced strikers, although it obviously doesn't always work. Nugent, Kitson, Scotland all spring to mind

I look at the statistics and Fryatt has scored 11 goals in 22 league appearances this season. A goal ever other game is the type of record we've always wanted from a striker and yet people STILL complain. What is good enough for some people? If he carries on at this rate, he'll get 23 goals in 46 league appearances. REALITY CHECK.

I look at the statistics and Fryatt has scored 11 goals in 22 league appearances this season. A goal ever other game is the type of record we've always wanted from a striker and yet people STILL complain. What is good enough for some people? If he carries on at this rate, he'll get 23 goals in 46 league appearances. REALITY CHECK.

Well said mate, i for one dont want to see him go,i just dont understand peoples problem with fryatt :102:

Woah, im not moaning. I love Fryatt!

Im just trying to think of reasons why a Prem team hasnt snapped him up yet.

Maybe because he's only really started scoring this season and last?
Or clubs might have been waiting to see if he could do it in the Championship this season? Seeing as League One really is gash.
Or maybe because we've rejected approaches/bids?

Or maybe your asking a silly question.

Maybe because he's only really started scoring this season and last?
Or clubs might have been waiting to see if he could do it in the Championship this season? Seeing as League One really is gash.
Or maybe because we've rejected approaches/bids?

Or maybe your asking a silly question.

Why is that a sill question exactally ?

You just gave me 3 good answers... so surely its a valid question. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611