Jermaine Beckford!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue with the grammar.

Well if that's all you got to contribute then go ahead. I don't tend to go over my posts with a fine tooth comb to correct minor mistakes due to typing fast.:icon_razz

Gradel did play in the same team as Beckford. I'm sure we can all remember the unforgettable Gradel red card and tantrum on the last day of the season (well I do). Having said that Beckford got us promoted that day and saved Max's neck big time. Max went on to be something else and quite gutted we lost him but Nunez is turning out to be a fantastic replacement scoring 8 already in all comps. I wish Beckford all the best and 'should' get a good reception when he comes to E.R.

Well if that's all you got to contribute then go ahead. I don't tend to go over my posts with a fine tooth comb to correct minor mistakes due to typing fast.:icon_razz

Gradel did play in the same team as Beckford. I'm sure we can all remember the unforgettable Gradel red card and tantrum on the last day of the season (well I do). Having said that Beckford got us promoted that day and saved Max's neck big time. Max went on to be something else and quite gutted we lost him but Nunez is turning out to be a fantastic replacement scoring 8 already in all comps. I wish Beckford all the best and 'should' get a good reception when he comes to E.R.

If you don't care about your words then why should I Bazzles?

Any road. I'm excited at the prospect of Beckford, I think he fits perfectly into the system we play and will score bags of goals.

Day after they play up at Blackpool - Malky's going to have them all in for extra training after a disappointing performance up there.

funny how you feel Gradel has improved so much in his time with your lot, yet you believe Beckford has failed to do so in his time at Everton:icon_roll

funny how you feel Gradel has improved so much in his time with your lot, yet you believe Beckford has failed to do so in his time at Everton:icon_roll

Beckford moved up 2 divisions. He was out of his depth with his overall performance in the prem. Ok he might have been top scorer (that's with cup runs) but if he was actually better than the strikers that were already at the club he would have been touted by other clubs in the Premiership but no one else was after him. Championship is probably his level in all fairness. When you have a bad first touch like Beckford has you don't get away with it in the top tier, in the championship maybe, in league one definately. If you don't believe that Beckford has to improve his all round game then you have never really seen him play.

Either Gradel improved a lot of Pearson never really used him properly. He became one of the best wingers in the championship but he was sat on the bench at Leicester. Im confident that with the team you had 2 years ago and if you knew what Gradel was all about then he should have been a regular starter.

Im confident that with the team you had 2 years ago and if you knew what Gradel was all about then he should have been a regular starter.

The most obvious thing to me is the Max of two seasons ago couldn't cross a ball to save his life .... obviously he's come on a bit.

Im confident that with the team you had 2 years ago and if you knew what Gradel was all about then he should have been a regular starter.

At the time, he was going through a lot of family turmoil after his mother had died which affected him badly

Not sure how useful it is speculating how effective players are in one team or another. Chemistry with managers and team mates affects individual performance. I will judge Beckford on his Championship performances under his new manager and don't give a toss what he did at Leeds in lge 1 or Everton in the Premier League. I hope and suspect that his level is where he is now and that Erickson and the rest of the team will bring out the best in him.
As for Gradel, i was sorry that Pearson didn't fancy him, but i always thought he had the raw talent of youth, Leeds and Grayson were able to develop that. Same with Waghorn, Pearson saw something and still does, so does Pearce and they appear to be able to get him to play. I'm sorry that Erickson doesn't but we move on and get behind the manager and the players he believes in

Macky's hit the nail regards Max. When he was at Bournemouth, footy provided his freedom. At Leicester, it appeared an obstacle....who did he aim after the goal at Dons? Pearson. Probably out of respect for giving him the time off.

Problem was once every thing was stable for Max and his family, his chance had gone. We'd moved on.

I have a lot of respect for Max, his departure was valid, he's never publicly criticised Pearson and staff. When upon scoring at the Walkers, he refused to celebrate. He was a raw talent here and still is prone to tantrum, I'd say it's that desire and naivety what makes him the exciting player he is.

Nothing thread, we will see how good Beckford will be in the coming games, the next one being only a day away.

For those that will be getting his name on there shirt, he's going to be wearing the squad number 20 shirt.
Good old Ian Marshall wore that number i believe........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669