Kenton signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
So why sign yet another mediocre right/centre back then ?
Gerrbrand, Hammill, Maybury and Nils Eric are on the "fukk off" list before Stearman IMO

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Gerrbrand, Hammill, Maybury and Nils Eric are on the "fukk off" list before Stearman IMO

All under contract - where exactly do you think they are going to fukk off to ?

Stearman is young and has potential, and therefore might attract interest. Same with Kissnob.

homer said:

Stearman is young and has potential, and therefore might attract interest. Same with Kissnob.

Totally agree and youl get more money for Stearman than you would 4 or 5 of the others put together.

homer said:

I don't think RK will let Stearman go for pittance, he will want biggish money. But he isn't worth it, the big boys won't spend big money on him and have shown no interest. So, for this reason, he is staying.

As for the contracts comment, a contract is nothing, if a club wants to offer a few quid for any of the players I named in the above post, we will end the contract and release the player for the agreed fee

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I don't think RK will let Stearman go for pittance, he will want biggish money. But he isn't worth it, the big boys won't spend big money on him and have shown no interest. So, for this reason, he is staying.

As for the contracts comment, a contract is nothing, if a club wants to offer a few quid for any of the players I named in the above post, we will end the contract and release the player for the agreed fee

Not as cheap as you think - we cannot afford to do that IMO

kenton brings an enormous amount of championship experience to a squad still lacking in it - most of our defenders (and indeed most of the squad) have still got less than 2 full seasons at this level under their belts. so as far as that goes its a good signing but it is starting to look a bit ridiculous just how many defenders we have

homer said:
Not as cheap as you think - we cannot afford to do that IMO
The players didn't cost us anything and we are paying their wages when they are clearly becoming excess baggage. It will be cheaper to let them go, there will be no losses on the buy/sell contract

Certainly plenty of competition in defence now. All areas are well covered, with players like Stearman, Kenton and Johansson able to play in more than one postion.

Would like to see a left sided midfielder/winger and Striker in to complete the squad.

Last week I was more than impressed with the signings of Johnson and Low.

This week I am a liitle confused with the signing of Kenton, not because he isn't a reasonable player but because I thought we had enough defenders.

Until the transfer window has closed we MAY have to accept a few surprises, even if they look confusing, and simply place our faith in RK.

1966 said:
Last week I was more than impressed with the signings of Johnson and Low.

This week I am a liitle confused with the signing of Kenton, not because he isn't a reasonable player but because I thought we had enough defenders.

Until the transfer window has closed we MAY have to accept a few surprises, even if they look confusing, and simply place our faith in RK.
:038:

flashyfox said:
Certainly plenty of competition in defence now. All areas are well covered, with players like Stearman, Kenton and Johansson able to play in more than one postion.

Would like to see a left sided midfielder/winger and Striker in to complete the squad.

A squad that currently consists of 30 players, ten of whom are defenders....!!!:102:

Graz said:
At first I couldn't work out this signing at all, we have a lot of defenders already, but somebody commented that RK has said he sees Maybury more as a right winger than a defender, so I think that explains why Kenton has signed.

If Maybury is going to be used primarily on the right wing (or at least as backup on the right wing to J. Low), then presumably Kenton is being brought in as backup to Stearman at right back?
He can then also fill in at left back if Johansson is out and if RK doesn't think Sheehan is ready. We only have 4 players who can play at full back, 2 for each side, and if we're planning on using one of those (Maybury) in midfield, Sheehan has only played a few games, and as with Stearman as well, RK won't expect them to be ready to play 46 games in a season yet.

I think it's a good signing, and as long as it doesn't signal that Dicky Stearman is leaving us, then I'm happy with it. If the arrivals of more defenders means Maybury/Gerrbrand are leaving then I'd be quite happy. Even though I think they are decent enough players, they aren't first choice but could both probably command fees, and if that means we can get a left winger or 2, then I'd be very happy with the business :)

i agree. good post.

Take one a day until transfer window closes.

Well this notes that one player's off. But RK has said he needs a big squad and players who versatile, Kenton can anywhere across the back. Maybe, Kelly's thinking of playing Kisnorbo in midfield?!?

It's actually a mistake that Stearman is born and bred Leicester, he was actually born in Wolverhampton.

lets wait and see he's here and so are the rest of the players inc MDV ;)

RK said he wanted to strengthen the team lets for once just take it that ok maybe there could be one player maybe two on there way out we will just have to wait and see ,

imo twato and MDV out :102: that cuts the wage bill big time dont it :102:

flashyfox said:

Think we need a keeper more urgently than both.

Melton Fox said:
Sorry, my mistake. I am getting confused with the whole left wing right wing political debate it's now merged into football and I can't distinguish between the 2

Does this help. :icon_bigg ;)

hitlercat140kn.jpg

no thats a cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573