Kyle Naughton's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
great short term anyway, if we dont sign him this window therell be many after him in summer. my thoughts are that we didnt have time to sign him permenant for sunday (lunch today deadline), so we extended the loan so he can play sunday, sign him next week

Real shame that IMO. Surely this is good proof they aren't keen on selling him on as I'd imagine we were able to offer a decent fee for him...

Real shame that IMO. Surely this is good proof they aren't keen on selling him on as I'd imagine we were able to offer a decent fee for him...

They could be gambling on his market value being higher by the summer? I'm just glad we've got him for now really.

They could be gambling on his market value being higher by the summer? I'm just glad we've got him for now really.

Naughton himself might not have been keen on staying permanently? He might want to see if we get promoted and assess his options in the summer.

Hell of a gamble, normally in the summer transfer fees are lower.

It was always the most realistic option for us.

It is, but they may feel they can convince us or others to pay more if the rest of his season is successful.

its good we got him again, but very sad that we didnt sign him permanently, as that would have shown a statement of intent and had less loan players in the team.

Let us hope the loan was just a stop-gap to make sure he was available for tomorrow and a sale can be negotiated next week.

Naughton himself might not have been keen on staying permanently? He might want to see if we get promoted and assess his options in the summer.

He wants to stay at Spurs in the long term (he told my Son this, while on a night out just before Xmas) .. personally I dont think hes good enough but he apparently does.

He wants to stay at Spurs in the long term (he told my Son this, while on a night out just before Xmas) .. personally I dont think hes good enough but he apparently does.

does your son know any premiership strikers?

And does anyone blame him. he is young and still hasn't been given a chance to prove himself. Plus you can't see Hutton playing long term. Though personally I think Kyle Walker looks a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669