Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion Street near the Terrace. You'll be extremely lucky to get in for Valentine's Day....it's tiny. I have been once...I was slightly disappointed because of the name it has and I thought it was no better than similar places in Leicester. However, I intend to go for Birthday this time and give it another a go.

AFTER valentine's day. I refuse to pay Valentine's prices on anything.

You wouldnt get in now anyway. Its quite small. When you go look for the green door. There is no sign outside.

Zizzi - Market Harborough.

I've been there a fair few times as other people keep booking it. It's always been busy and the food has been ok but nothing special. I also find it very noisy.

I went to the other italian in Harborough on Thursday - the one that has changed its name about 4 times in so many years and is currently Da Vinci (St Mary's Rd). The food was good, better than Zizzi, very nicely presented, drizzles everywhere, but it took ages to get each course despite having pre-ordered as we were a largish party.

I've been there a fair few times as other people keep booking it. It's always been busy and the food has been ok but nothing special. I also find it very noisy.

I went to the other italian in Harborough on Thursday - the one that has changed its name about 4 times in so many years and is currently Da Vinci (St Mary's Rd). The food was good, better than Zizzi, very nicely presented, drizzles everywhere, but it took ages to get each course despite having pre-ordered as we were a largish party.

Do they have a dress code?

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Oh i dunno

Suprisingly, the smug and lettuce in town, knocked me up a cracking steak yesterday

It's a nice place, that's if you are talking about the 'Slug and Lettuce'

May Sum (sp) chinese restaurant in Nottingham.

Quality stuff indeed.

I went there last week! :icon_eek:

I thought there was a large selection of dishes, but the quality was very average.

It's ok, better than Big Wok in terms of quality, but no where near as much chioce.

IMO the best chinese buffet in Nottingham is The Flaming Dragon (within the cinema complex next to the Concert Hall).

http://www.flaming-dragon.co.uk/page.asp?pageidx=40

What about the one that has an Elvis tribute on most nights and is open 24 hours a day?

It's ok, better than Big Wok in terms of quality, but no where near as much chioce.

IMO the best chinese buffet in Nottingham is The Flaming Dragon (within the cinema complex next to the Concert Hall).

http://www.flaming-dragon.co.uk/page.asp?pageidx=40

I agree Nottingham.

Been to all three, the Big Wok was disappointing (as is it's sister restaurant in Birmingham)

The Dragon was very nice, been there a few times. Love it on Sunday's when you can have a sunday roast as well as chinese. :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69