Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birmingham's big wok is rammed, rank and filthy.

The best all you can eat Chinese buffet I've ever had was in London on Leicester Sq. Mr Wu's opposite Oxygen just round the corner from Crapital Radio - been there several times, still costs only £5.

Bill haley would have gave the game away so i went for elvis who indeed is king of rock so it still works. :icon_wink

Anyone recommend anywhere on the way to Burton? (Coalville/Ashby/Inbredville?)

Off to watch the Brewers play and go for something to eat beforehand.

If you fancy Indian there is the Cinnamon Tree out at Battram.

Hopefully this summer i will get www.lebuzz.co.uk up and running. Everyone will be able to leave reviews for restaurants etc. and give a star rating in different categories.

Hopefully people will continue to leave their helpful comments in this thread :icon_wink

I can only repeat what others have said about Casa Romana - brilliant food. They probably do the best fries you have ever tasted. I know it's silly to comment on the chips but they were gorgeous. The steak is great, too.

Went to Tapas Y Canas a couple of weeks ago, opposite the Almanak at the Highcross, very overpriced (more so than other Tapas places). The food and service were also disappointing. One to avoid i think. Barceloneta on Queens Road is the best Tapas i've been to and this place fell well short of the mark.

One other place i've been to recently is The Copt Oak, always good food in there and decent portions. Had a chicken pasta 'crackpot thing', very nice.

One other place i've been to recently is The Copt Oak, always good food in there and decent portions. Had a chicken pasta 'crackpot thing', very nice.

Went there last week for Laura's bday ( My better half) Took the inlaws and my parents to meet each other for the first time.

Anyway..........

The food was superb. I had prawn cocktail to start with and i got a huge wad of prawns. Far more than should of been there but i duly wolfed it down. Lovely start.

After that i had the steak and cajun combo. Superb. I asked for the steak medium rare and its quite possibly the best bit of steak i've had. Just a shame it was only 1 small 8oz. I'd have happily eaten a 20oz. Cajun chicken was splendid too.

Puddings were good but not as good as the Kings head in hathern. I had the chocolate ice cream sundae at the copt oak.

At hathern i has this beautiful cherry waffle. with real ice cream too. Never had anything like it. if You go there i highly recommend it.

Went there last week for Laura's bday ( My better half) Took the inlaws and my parents to meet each other for the first time.

Anyway..........

The food was superb. I had prawn cocktail to start with and i got a huge wad of prawns. Far more than should of been there but i duly wolfed it down. Lovely start.

After that i had the steak and cajun combo. Superb. I asked for the steak medium rare and its quite possibly the best bit of steak i've had. Just a shame it was only 1 small 8oz. I'd have happily eaten a 20oz. Cajun chicken was splendid too.

Puddings were good but not as good as the Kings head in hathern. I had the chocolate ice cream sundae at the copt oak.

At hathern i has this beautiful cherry waffle. with real ice cream too. Never had anything like it. if You go there i highly recommend it.

Puff

Aspects at the Plough - Enderby

Superb again tonight. Service was a little slow early on but not really a problem.

Garlic mushrooms to start - really nice and big portion.

Tandoori Meat Platter for Main. Lamb, Prawn Chicken etc, all really well cooked and very tasty.
Couldn't eat it all so brought some home for tomorrows tea.

Not many people in tonight and maybe explains why they gave us a round of drinks for free.

Overall - Excellent:038::038:

San Carlo - brilliant food, excellent service, plus free pud and a drink (was busy too, so not sure why we got this) -9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69