Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby Chinese Restaurant, Park Street, Leamington Spa. (I know it's not Leicester but it's not that far and it's nearer for some in Leicester than other palces actually in Leicestershire!)

Second visit and excellent again. All you can eat menu but served at your table as separate selections. Plenty of choice of starters and mains and all excellent quality. Not much dessert selection but I defy anybody to want one of those after the mains!

£105 for six of us including two drinks each.

Last edited:
yes.... it was awful

Perhaps instead of the French restaurant you should have crossed the road to La Tasca the Spanish one.

This afternoon (Wednesday) I had their "Feast Like A King" which was unlimited tapas for £10. They varied between the good and in the case of the Pollo Salsa superb.

The service was excellent that fine line of formal and friendly.

The Feast Like A King for £10 is only available Wednesday afternoons and goes up to £15 after 5pm.

I am always reluctant to recommend eating places since they can vary from day to day and people's tastes vary. However, this is somewhere I will certainly go again.

The only other place I have recommended is the Kings Lock Tea Rooms by the canal which for good simple food in a wonderful setting is the best I know.

Perhaps instead of the French restaurant you should have crossed the road to La Tasca the Spanish one.

This afternoon (Wednesday) I had their "Feast Like A King" which was unlimited tapas for £10. They varied between the good and in the case of the Pollo Salsa superb.

The service was excellent that fine line of formal and friendly.

The Feast Like A King for £10 is only available Wednesday afternoons and goes up to £15 after 5pm.

I am always reluctant to recommend eating places since they can vary from day to day and people's tastes vary. However, this is somewhere I will certainly go again.

The only other place I have recommended is the Kings Lock Tea Rooms by the canal which for good simple food in a wonderful setting is the best I know.

The couple of times I have been to La Tasca I have found everything to be incredibly greasy... Canas Y Tapas in the Highcross is far better.

Barcelota (sp) is by far the best tapas in Leicester. La Tasca and Canas Y Tapas, their service turns to mush when busy and it's all re-heated ready meals.

true about the service...and see my post above yours about Barcelonetta ;)

Last edited:
I have never actually been Barcelonetta but my brother's workmate is a Spanish fella and he recommends way above the other two. I have suffered the death service however at both other tapas bars.

You really should go Hazz, its fantastic. I would recommend booking though, as its always packed.

You really should go Hazz, its fantastic. I would recommend booking though, as its always packed.

I have been told that's defintely the case for the weekend. Never got round to it as it's bit out of the way compared to the rest of Leicester.

I only found out Watsons had closed down the other week. :icon_redf

I have been told that's defintely the case for the weekend. Never got round to it as it's bit out of the way compared to the rest of Leicester.

I only found out Watsons had closed down the other week. :icon_redf

Its not that out of the way, plus there are a few bars too so you can make an evening of it.

I went to Toro Latino in Harborough for Tapas tonight. Very nice food but we were the only ones in there, which is strange as it has always been busy when I've been before.

The couple of times I have been to La Tasca I have found everything to be incredibly greasy... Canas Y Tapas in the Highcross is far better.

Canas Y Tapas is far too overpriced for my liking. They weren't busy when we went but the service was still very slow.

Barcelonetta is far better, the food and the prices.

Good Tapas tends to be a little more expensive than a standard dinner out but is well worth it (usually).

I found Canas Y Tapas way too expensive for the quality of food (shit) I had. La Tasca were better, never been Barcelonetta.

Went to the Pride of India in Anstey on Monday night, great staff, good food but a tad expensive, 7/10

The Hogs breath Darwin - 5/10

Poor service, I would advise you to go to the outback steak house further up the st. ;)

I found Canas Y Tapas way too expensive for the quality of food (shit) I had. La Tasca were better, never been Barcelonetta.

Went to the Pride of India in Anstey on Monday night, great staff, good food but a tad expensive, 7/10

If you go to Anstey for an expensive curry again, try the Vojon (just off The Nook). More of a restaurant than a curry house so it is a little on the pricey side (although out-of-city indian restaurants seem to be on a par?).

We used it all of the time when we lived in Anstey.

Some of the specials are gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  616
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle610
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59