Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Parva Manor 3/10

Shite. Duff service, duff food, a taxi ride from horror to get to the place.

Avoid. I am certainly avoiding the relative what recommended it. Never as the term you get what you pay for rang true.

I'll try Almanac then.

Last edited:
Glen Parva Manor 3/10

Avoid. I am certainly avoiding the relative what recommended it. Never as the term you get what you pay for rang true.

I'll try Almanac then.

It is shit but I do go there on a regular basis with my parents as it's a meeting point about halfway between our houses. What made you go that sort of distance? And what was up with the taxi?

It is shit but I do go there on a regular basis with my parents as it's a meeting point about halfway between our houses. What made you go that sort of distance? And what was up with the taxi?

A relative recommended it as my Auntie took my 'close' family out for a meal as a thank you as we've helped out with a lot of personal stuff and she's beaten cancer (for now). She wanted some where mid-budget too.

The taxi driver was a Pole who could barely speak English and didn't know where he was going. After going up and down the road where the County Arms stands, I had to pull out my phone and direct him using Around Me app. On the way back, he asked where we were going back to and I said 'where we came from' but he still needed directing from nearby my house.

Glen Parva Manor 3/10

I'll try Almanac then.

Sounds like 3/10 was generous!

Hazz you should read through the thread. Several bad reports about the Manor from myself , Gaz LCFC and Spion. This is what its here for.

Cate - Mem Saab was Ok although I do think they overcharge for what you get.

I'm trying Mem Saab on Friday - anybody been there?

Cate - Mem Saab was Ok although I do think they overcharge for what you get.

It is a bit pricey but it's well worth it in my opinion. The food has been superb each time I've been, although the last time was about 8 months ago.

The place is pretty big but it's split into several smaller dining areas so it feels a lot smaller once you're sat down. Try to get up near the balcony if you can.

The service is top notch too.

I can't bring myself to go to Mem Saab as I get excellent food at the Grand Durbar, I just don't think the Mem Saab is good value.

There isn't a problem with Mem Saab, the food is nice. But I can pay around half for a meal that is as nice if not nicer at the Grand Durbar, plus it's a short bike ride from my house so we can drink.

There isn't a problem with Mem Saab, the food is nice. But I can pay around half for a meal that is as nice if not nicer at the Grand Durbar, plus it's a short bike ride from my house so we can drink.

Where is the Grand Durbar?

Glen Parva Manor 3/10

I'll try Almanac then.

The Manor has just changed hands, two guys who were running the Copt Oak at Copt Oak have taken it over. They previously ran the Red Lion at Rothley
I went to the Almanac on Friday night and was fairly impressed had the steak off the specials board as a mains and the Black pudding salad as a starter.
7/10

Last edited by a moderator:
The Red Lion Rothley, went there on Sunday for the carvery. Best one I have been to in a long time. Well worth the trip out there and its not too pricy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58