Leeds Home 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and look where those teams are now....and where West Brom are now? :icon_roll

Does that matter? Look at us yesterday,again we could not compete with physical team.

Same old story,stop us playing no plan B...make no mistake we were lucky to get a point,and that will be the same scenario when we come up against these teams.

West Brom could mix it up...and yet they had quality to go with it,that's why they went up.

Sven came out on the radio and said as much,we just don't have the players to play the physical side of the game..that's why we play a 4-3-3.

My guess is that we will probably sign 4 players in January,1 Centre back,2 midfielders and a target man.

Lucky to get the draw in my opinion. Leeds wanted it more, battled harder and ran for longer.

The penalty was well bought by vassell, never a red card. Got us off the hook though. Without it we wouldn't have scored again. Gally's pen wasn't great either.

If we can play badly and still win I'm happy.

Yes and look where those teams are now....and where West Brom are now? :icon_roll

Not sure it merited the rolly-eye face. The point is this; do we want to go up quickly and perhaps find ourselves with a lot of work to do in order to maintain our place in the Premier League for a few years (which Sheffield United post-1990 managed to do, as well as Leeds who won the League in 1992 and Leicester after 1996) or do we want to slowly build a team which may, three-five years down the line, be able to arrive in the Premiership and stay there.

My guess is the owners want the former. I'm happy to stand corrected, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a hastily assembled team which has, from a starting position of the lower Championship (and without having been in the top flight for over half a decade), managed to gain promotion in 6-18 months. And stay there.

I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't Sven's masterplan.

Last edited:
I agree with your sentiment, we have too many fannies and not enough grafters. Our most important player the last time we went up to the Premiership was Billy McKinlay.

However, look at the dates you're quoting from. You're mentioning sides from fifteen years ago and the transfer market/tv money has multipled. In the past five years, footballing sides have gained success and then normally follow it up by the manager attempting to get his defence tough.

Personally, I see no problem in gaining promotion with a yo-yo fashion. More entertaining, less expensive and more secure financially in the long run.

The penalty was well bought by vassell.

Yes, at the time from the far end we thought he was denied a goal-scoring opportunity.

After watching it several times on replay, it's clear he had knocked it a little too far and would have been at quite a wide angle so he made sure he fell over Schmeichel's arms.

The point is this; do we want to go up quickly and perhaps find ourselves with a lot of work to do in order to maintain our place in the Premier League for a few years

I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't Sven's masterplan.

What is the problem with work to do when you get there?

I think this is a great masterplan. Do a Blackpool. Just enough to stay there for a second season, and then clever transfer dealings to build the right squad to stay there.

Wigan never went up with a Premier League side.

Last edited:
Regarding Gally's penalties, he scores them but I can't say I ever feel certain he will.

Obviously won't criticise him for that until he misses one though.

Regarding Gally's penalties, he scores them but I can't say I ever feel certain he will.

Obviously won't criticise him for that until he misses one though.

I like his penalties, gives the keeper no clue where he's going to go so if he does miss it's going to be down to bad luck/ good guesswork from the keeper if a save is made. Definately the best we've got IMO. Barring any unexpected Row Z specials...

I like his penalties, gives the keeper no clue where he's going to go so if he does miss it's going to be down to bad luck/ good guesswork from the keeper if a save is made. Definately the best we've got IMO. Barring any unexpected Row Z specials...

Yeah that's sort of what I meant, I feel like the ball could end up back of the net or in the river. I guess I like Mendieta/Hierro type of penalties more than Henrik Larsson's.

But as I said, that argument isn't really valid until he misses.

Last edited:
Bollox, he scored didn't he?

Typical Leicester fan comment mate, look for a negative even in a positive.

A drab, negative bunch on the whole us city fans.

Lucky to get the draw in my opinion. Leeds wanted it more, battled harder and ran for longer.
Agree. We were outplayed for long periods of the game. Some of our players looked really poor.
The penalty was well bought by vassell, never a red card.
He played for it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. That said, I agree that it was never a red. If Schmeichel hadn't brought him down Vassell would've run the ball either out of play or too wide to shoot. People around me were shouting 'last man!'. Feckin' ignorant trolls. Right call ref.
Got us off the hook though. Without it we wouldn't have scored again.
Agree. Their back line up to that point was well organised. That said, they allowed King far too much space in the second half.
Gally's pen wasn't great either.
What was up with it?
If we can play badly and still win I'm happy.
We didn't win...
Agree. He absolutely twats them as well (technical term), which means the keeper has slightly less time to watch the ball's initial movement. Like you say, only good guesswork or a keeper with the reflexes of a fish will stop one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669