Leeds Home 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure you people are aware of how many people read this forum and don't post, simply because they don't wish to communicate with single cell organisms.

What a great 'sig' opportunity.

Pity this forum software won't allow more than 100 characters :mad:

I've been following this forum for a few years now, but have rarely commented (partly because I'm based overseas). Back for Christmas, today was my first game in over two years...and an interesting one at that.

For those who attend home games on a regular basis, are our fans always that negative towards the players? I was astounded to hear the constant barrage of abuse aimed at any player who misplaced a pass or made a poor decision. I agree that we wern't at our best, but the level of doom and gloom amongst the majority around me in the East Stand was quite depressing.

Full credit to Leeds today, and Simon Grayson in particular. He matched up player for player in the middle, which in my opinion stopped us playing through the midfield with any purpose. They sat somebody on Abe, and played tight to King and Wellens, resulting in us playing more direct. We huffed and puffed, but rarely threatend through any meaningful passage of play. I'll be interested to see if more teams do the same, because we're obviously at our best when we can combine through the 3 midfielders - and today that was thwarted (perhaps lesson learnt on their part after the game at Elland Road). The change to 4-4-2 was interesting, as we have two players in King and Wellens who are superb on the ball, and provide quality going forward, but slightly suspect when in transition on the defensive side. Food for thought for Sven...

Perhaps this is a question to the guys who see us on a consistent basis...have we always been so poor in the air this season? We looked shaky at best on every one of their set pieces, as well as crosses. For a big lad, Davies is crap in the air.

On a positive note, great heart in the comeback and a superb strike from King. Hopefully we can build on that and put together a little run to bump us into play off contention

I've been following this forum for a few years now, but have rarely commented (partly because I'm based overseas).

That's a ****ing rubbish excuse pieface. If it's only partly because you're overseas, I hope the other reasons are better than that.

On a positive note, great heart in the comeback and a superb strike from King. Hopefully we can build on that and put together a little run to bump us into play off contention

'Twas a superb strike indeed, I did a little sex wee watching FLS.

For those who attend home games on a regular basis, are our fans always that negative towards the players? I was astounded to hear the constant barrage of abuse aimed at any player who misplaced a pass or made a poor decision. I agree that we wern't at our best, but the level of doom and gloom amongst the majority around me in the East Stand was quite depressing.

Always the same.

Chap near me constantly slags off Gally every time he touches the ball. Any run he makes with the ball is met with "rubbish, rubbish rubbish".

I was very disappointed with the boos when Bednar came on and the singing of Weales name after Kirkland looked shaky.

A few notes:

1. Pieface. Excellent post. Always good to hear from some expats and the views from afar....often provides a unique and more clear-eyed perspective. Top banana.

2. If Andy King wanted me to live in a skip while he moved into my house...I believ I'd agree to it. Such is the depth of my feeling for the man.

3. Syd, what's the point? Trolling a football message board? How passé.

4. Macky. Stop acting like a big girls blouse.

5. Something in regards to my affection for tits.

6. A belated merry Xmas to all.

Yes, I started that thread as in a biography of Sven he was quoted as saying every team needs at least 3 players with a 'will of iron'.

I agree, we simply don't have that at the moment, as last week and this week clearly showed.

True - and particularly so in this division.

We play nice football for some of the time and have a number of decent footballers - but its been obvious to me all this season that we don't have the presence and won't achieve any real success until we can compete with these teams that know we are a bit soft.

Admittedly we were at the other end of the ground but we never thought it looked like a penalty. He just played for it and it looked so obvious. Wasn't the least surprised the ref didn't give it. No one in our end of the ground got animated about it.

It looked like a peno from L1:icon_razz

Watching Football League show, **** me Kingeh's goal is magical!!!

Would've been nice to see our other peno appeal and not just the Lids one, obviously never happened.

I've been following this forum for a few years now, but have rarely commented (partly because I'm based overseas). Back for Christmas, today was my first game in over two years...and an interesting one at that.

You'll find that a nasty percentage of our 'support' prefer to spend time like that than showing anything positive.

I'm amazed that a discussion can boil down to this. So are you black or are you white? Are you poor or are you, like the rest of us, inanely well off?

It's still a no, though.

As for "Mawsley", well, you're 'ignore' button appears to need checking out. You crave the intellectual stimulus, admit it. Judging by the 1221 times you've wasted your life curry flavour with these idiots, I can understand why that is.

Mmmmm curry flavour Super Noodles *drools*

As I told you, I've lived in Spain and in Italy. I could probably tell you more about the Bernabeu or the Mestalla (or even Nou Estadio at Levante) where I went to a lot of games and if you want a specific date for match attendances I quite reasonably can't provide it...

First you lot were stunned that there were brown people in Leicester. Now you're astonished that football fans go to football matches. It seems that no-one on here believes anyone else until they've 'slept on the sofa', which I'm starting to take as some sort of sexual euphemism.

And I'm the one accused of liking bottoms.

You, Syd, are a psychiatrist's dream.

True - and particularly so in this division.

We play nice football for some of the time and have a number of decent footballers - but its been obvious to me all this season that we don't have the presence and won't achieve any real success until we can compete with these teams that know we are a bit soft.

I think that was they key to our promotion in '03 - I'm sure there'd be no place in this team for Rogers, Scowcroft, Brian Deane, Impey, Benjamin, Matt Jones... But we had a very physical backbone to the team and far superior fitness levels.

This, for me, will be the real test of Sven. Does he try to form a Premiership quality side in the Championship - which took West Brom and before them Norwich years to achieve - or does he go for the physical approach? For me the latter is always quicker - look at Sheffield United and Leeds in the early 90s, City in 94, Bradford, Wolves etc.

This, for me, will be the real test of Sven. Does he try to form a Premiership quality side in the Championship - which took West Brom and before them Norwich years to achieve - or does he go for the physical approach? For me the latter is always quicker - look at Sheffield United and Leeds in the early 90s, City in 94, Bradford, Wolves etc.

Yes and look where those teams are now....and where West Brom are now? :icon_roll

I'm lazy and can't be arsed to scroll up, but have we got any footage of our second penalty appeal anywhere?

I'd like to see it properly than just from the photo on the OS so the Leeds fan who told me he was sat in the Kop and said it definitely wasnt can be shut up.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670