Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they about to combust ?:icon_bigg

Down to 7th in the lge, and i heard Beckford limped off with a possible hamstring tonight.

Wonderboy Delphi to feck off in Jan

One or two more bad results and there will be feckin anarchy.

Last season after their 15pt deduction, they could operate without too much pressure with an excuse to hide behind.
No such fortune this season though, with the fans expecting and demanding promotion.

Come on theshites where are you ? As we always thought down here your team are just a bunch of bottlers.
#

Yes im here. I was banned for 3 weeks and have been active for the last 3 weeks but I couldnt be bothered replying.

Yes Leeds are down to 7th but only 5 pts from an automatic spot which in my book says we are still very much in the race.
Yes Poor Beckford is out so I expect we may even have an up and down December, who knows.
If you know anything about our team then you would know its our defence that has let us down recently thats all and if you look on Newsnow you will read reports from the Leeds websites that we are spending heavy in the transfer window to bolster the back 4.
Leeds have scored the most goals in all competitions this season from ALL DIVISIONS (and I invite you to prove otherwise!!)
Our only problem is our back 4. Not our midfield and not our strikers. The january window is 4 weeks away and after that there is 5 months left in the league so I will probably start hitting the panic buttons in April if we are in 7th then.

Lets see how you lot do when you lose Fryatt in the window to a championship team and if you think you are going to keep him then we all know he wouldnt have hesitated signing a new contract.
Beckford may be out for 4 weeks but you will need to replace your best striker for the next 5 months.
Good luck in keeping top spot!!:038:

None now but if you think you will win the FA cup and get lots of revenue out of it then you go for it.
If I were you I would try and get pen to paper with Fryatt then think about cup games.

Good luck with that though but he aint gonna stay otherwise he would have signed by now.

Oh well Dickov and DJ it is for the second half of the season!!!!

Nevermind!

None now but if you think you will win the FA cup and get lots of revenue out of it then you go for it.
If I were you I would try and get pen to paper with Fryatt then think about cup games.

Good luck with that though but he aint gonna stay otherwise he would have signed by now.

Nevermind!

you not going boxing day to the match then :icon_lol:

Daft sod you thinking we would win the FA cup this season :081::081::081::081:

your mad :icon_lol:.

Fryatt is at his level right now ,in this league ,he's no CC player IMO

If / when he move's on we should make as much cash as possible to buy in a new striker ,simple plan when you think about it TBH .

#

Yes im here. I was banned for 3 weeks and have been active for the last 3 weeks but I couldnt be bothered replying.

Yes Leeds are down to 7th but only 5 pts from an automatic spot which in my book says we are still very much in the race.
Yes Poor Beckford is out so I expect we may even have an up and down December, who knows.
If you know anything about our team then you would know its our defence that has let us down recently thats all and if you look on Newsnow you will read reports from the Leeds websites that we are spending heavy in the transfer window to bolster the back 4.
Leeds have scored the most goals in all competitions this season from ALL DIVISIONS (and I invite you to prove otherwise!!)
Our only problem is our back 4. Not our midfield and not our strikers. The january window is 4 weeks away and after that there is 5 months left in the league so I will probably start hitting the panic buttons in April if we are in 7th then.

Lets see how you lot do when you lose Fryatt in the window to a championship team and if you think you are going to keep him then we all know he wouldnt have hesitated signing a new contract.
Beckford may be out for 4 weeks but you will need to replace your best striker for the next 5 months.
Good luck in keeping top spot!!:038:

Can't be bothered to get into the "we're better than you bulls***", but would like to get your feelings on Gary Mac. On sunday he didn't seem to have a clue what to do to sort it out, spending almost all game sat down on the bench. Holloway did a very similar thing towards the end of last season for us. Is his time over?

Nevermind!

We don't have to sell him in the transfer window because he's under 22 so we'll still get a fee out of him at the end of the season. No rush to sell him so he'll still be banging the goals in until the end of the season.

The injury to beckford might do leeds some good. He wont be in the shop window for a few weeks and it might stop any buyers coming in for him. Shame the same couldn't said about Delph. I can see a big team snapping him up.

I reckon you'll make play offs but there's better teams than you in this division so automatic is out the question.

Personally I'm surprised that you've stopped all of your Leeds are going to win the league and Leicester are shit BS.

How the mighty have fallen.

you only sing when you're winning.

We don't have to sell him in the transfer window because he's under 22 so we'll still get a fee out of him at the end of the season. No rush to sell him so he'll still be banging the goals in until the end of the season.

The injury to beckford might do leeds some good. He wont be in the shop window for a few weeks and it might stop any buyers coming in for him. Shame the same couldn't said about Delph. I can see a big team snapping him up.

I reckon you'll make play offs but there's better teams than you in this division so automatic is out the question.

Well for a start you won't be waiting til the end of the season because it looks very obvious that he will be going next month. Fryatt is still young and although he didn't do too well last season in the CCC it doesn't mean to say he won't this time. Banging a few goals in for a league one club will give him the confidence so in reply to the post above how can Fryatt have found his level at only 22 years old?????

I'm sick of hearing about Delph. If you want to believe anything that the papers say then you go for it but he has stated officially that he has no desire to leave Leeds. He has seen what has happened to the youngsters when The Arsenals and the Chelsea's come sniffing. Half of the ones they sign never make it to the first team and just rot in reserves for years. Delph is guaranteed first team football with a club that is now very financially stable and in the process of getting out of this league.

There are no better teams in this division as you put it. Did anyone tell you its not a sprint. We are only into the second third of the season and believe it or not there's still over 80 points to play for so 5 points away from an automatic spot is nothing, especially when the transfer window is just about here and we can rectify our only problem which is defence.
Can you please explain what happened to Forest in the 07 season? Forest had 41 points at this stage after 19 games and were 6 points clear of everyone else. Forest obviously thought it was a sprint also.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2006-2007/table/2006-12-02

To sum it up Iam not concered of being 7th at the moment. We are still in touching distance of an automatic place and I know Leeds have the depth to be right up there at the end of the season. I was right about Scunthorpe eventually losing it and it will only be a matter of time before the likes of Peterborough, Oldham and Millwall will go off the boil. They have a fairly decent squad but woeful back up(fringe players) that simply will not carry them through the whole winter season.

We rely a lot on Beckford getting us the majority of goals and having someone like Malcolm Christie as a striker is extremely good back up for this level but it's sods law that he is still shrugging off a rib injury so results may not go our way this weekend who knows. it's still no biggie by any means but if I were you I would wait until you have Fryatt secured for the second half of the season before you start mocking us. He will be a big loss to you if he goes and results will be affected and I really can't see you keeping him. Why would he refuse to sign a new contract one has to ask? Even if you get a new striker can you assure the new one will score as many as Fryatt has been scoring??? No!!

Let's get the window out of the way and wait for the real push which will be the second and the most important part of the season.

Oh an P.S, McAllister was really poorly on Sunday but you will no doubt think i'm making excuses why he looked as though he wasn't interested. Check the O/S. Oh and while your there check the O/S which will back up everything I said about Delph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for a start you won't be waiting til the end of the season because it looks very obvious that he will be going next month. Fryatt is still young and although he didn't do too well last season in the CCC it doesn't mean to say he won't this time. Banging a few goals in for a league one club will give him the confidence so in reply to the post above how can Fryatt have found his level at only 22 years old?????

I'm sick of hearing about Delph. If you want to believe anything that the papers say then you go for it but he has stated officially that he has no desire to leave Leeds. He has seen what has happened to the youngsters when The Arsenals and the Chelsea's come sniffing. Half of the ones they sign never make it to the first team and just rot in reserves for years. Delph is guaranteed first team football with a club that is now very financially stable and in the process of getting out of this league.

There are no better teams in this division as you put it. Did anyone tell you its not a sprint. We are only into the second third of the season and believe it or not there's still over 80 points to play for so 5 points away from an automatic spot is nothing, especially when the transfer window is just about here and we can rectify our only problem which is defence.
Can you please explain what happened to Forest in the 07 season? Forest had 41 points at this stage after 19 games and were 6 points clear of everyone else. Forest obviously thought it was a sprint also.
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2006-2007/table/2006-12-02

To sum it up Iam not concered of being 7th at the moment. We are still in touching distance of an automatic place and I know Leeds have the depth to be right up there at the end of the season. I was right about Scunthorpe eventually losing it and it will only be a matter of time before the likes of Peterborough, Oldham and Millwall will go off the boil. They have a fairly decent squad but woeful back up(fringe players) that simply will not carry them through the whole winter season.

We rely a lot on Beckford getting us the majority of goals and having someone like Malcolm Christie as a striker is extremely good back up for this level but it's sods law that he is still shrugging off a rib injury so results may not go our way this weekend who knows. it's still no biggie by any means but if I were you I would wait until you have Fryatt secured for the second half of the season before you start mocking us. He will be a big loss to you if he goes and results will be affected and I really can't see you keeping him. Why would he refuse to sign a new contract one has to ask? Even if you get a new striker can you assure the new one will score as many as Fryatt has been scoring??? No!!

Let's get the window out of the way and wait for the real push which will be the second and the most important part of the season.

Oh an P.S, McAllister was really poorly on Sunday but you will no doubt think i'm making excuses why he looked as though he wasn't interested. Check the O/S. Oh and while your there check the O/S which will back up everything I said about Delph.

What a load of tosh.

Forest at this point in the 2007/08 season were 4th and on 30 points. They had just lost to Walsall away 1-0.

Edit: You actually meant the 2006/07 season .. well put :icon_roll

Can you also post me a link with quotes from Fryatt that he has 'refused' to sign a contract :102:

Last edited:

Ok Where did i put in my post that Fryatt had found his level? Nowhere. I was just saying imo that he wont leave until the summer cus we dont have to sell him. He is under contract and cant leave until then. We'd get as much from him in january as we would at the end of the season. So why sell him in jan and risk losing our main source of goals when we'll be in the same position as we would be in jan.

I was not mocking you either but your word is not gospel. IMO leeds are good enough for the play offs but not for automatic. I think there are 4 teams better than leeds. (leicester, Scunny, MK Dons and Millwall) Your opinion obviously differs and i respect that. I don't have to agree with you.

At this stage last year Swansea were top by 4pts and went on to win the league. 2 years previous to that teams that were top finished in playoffs and year before luton were top by 4 pts and went on to win the divsion comfortably.
So your argument is flawed that out of the last 4 years it has been a 50/50 split on teams who are top at this stage.

I actually hope leeds do go up cus i enjoy playing them and the banter with yourself and would miss it if we weren't in the same league. I just don't think gary mac is the man to lead you to an automatic spot. i think you'll go up by the play offs along with leicester and scunny who'll take the automatic spots IMO.

I think your quite right that if you sort your defense and keeper out you'll have a really good 2nd half of the season.
But if beckford gets injured or sold in jan then you'll be in the same state as leicester if fryatt goes in jan. Malcolm christie, whilst a good player is not gonna score the amount of goals that beckford will and will prob get injured too like he usually does. same as dickov or campbell wont score the goals if fryatt leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that Leeds are not good enough? Apart from our defence we have an extremely good squad for this level. We have dominated nearly every league game we have played but dropped points from odd breaks from the opposition. Oldham so far was the only team that actually played better than us and fully deserved their win.

Hand on heart I would say we have deserved to win 90% of our league games but left stupid gaps at the back. The fans know it and Gary knows it and this is the reason we are waiting for the window rather than get loan defenders in. I fully expect 2 if not 3 defenders broght in from higher leagues. we know we need to spend to get the best and we have to get out of this league. Results don't reflect the way the rest of the team has played so to say Scunthorpe will get up automatically is laughable. They have a tiny squad and they are proving that they find it hard to recover from a loss. Millwall are relying on one of our players as their striker who will no doubt come back to us in Jan and MK dons have just signed Tore Flo who is way past his best.

Leeds have an outstanding striker partnership,excellent depth in midfield and crap defence and in 4 weeks the latter will be sorted.

You see I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that Leeds are not good enough? Apart from our defence we have an extremely good squad for this level. We have dominated nearly every league game we have played but dropped points from odd breaks from the opposition. Oldham so far was the only team that actually played better than us and fully deserved their win.

Hand on heart I would say we have deserved to win 90% of our league games but left stupid gaps at the back. The fans know it and Gary knows it and this is the reason we are waiting for the window rather than get loan defenders in. I fully expect 2 if not 3 defenders broght in from higher leagues. we know we need to spend to get the best and we have to get out of this league. Results don't reflect the way the rest of the team has played so to say Scunthorpe will get up automatically is laughable. They have a tiny squad and they are proving that they find it hard to recover from a loss. Millwall are relying on one of our players as their striker who will no doubt come back to us in Jan and MK dons have just signed Tore Flo who is way past his best.

Leeds have an outstanding striker partnership,excellent depth in midfield and crap defence and in 4 weeks the latter will be sorted.

What damage could be caused in 4 weeks?? 5 League games until the window opens. 5 tricky games on paper too.

Well yeah I agree and Dec will be a tricky month but we just have to keep on what we have been doing until then. I do know that Gary is finding defenders now and signing whoever he finds at the beginning of the window. In all fairness Leeds are still a big club, we might be in a crap league but we still have a major pull when it comes to getting players in especially now that we are not in financial dire anymore so getting some very good players in for this level is not a problem and Gary has the financial back up too.

If Leeds can win half the points from the next 5 games in December I will be happy. Beckford will be a loss to us but Becchio and Snoddy are well capable of getting goals at this level until he returns.None of them are as composed as him but even so they will still cause upset and both have plenty of pace.

I'm going on what i've seen of the teams. You can't go through half a season with a crap defence and expect everything to be sorted in jan if you buy a few new players. undoubtedly you'll be better but what makes you think the players you buy are going to be any good? Your not going to get established championship defenders dropping down a league when you are not certain they'll come back up unless you pay em shit loads of money. You'll get fringe players who may be just as good as what you already have.

Look what happened to us last year after the transfer window. We bought a load of players who we thought would push us up the table and it did the exact opposite. Nothing's certain in life so dont take for granted that its all going to be rosy from jan onwards. I dont expect it to be easy for us. I'm expecting another blip at some point. But we are top of the table and not playing at our best. i actually expect us to pull away from everybody around feb time if we keep our players and maybe strengthen with a couple of additions. But then again i'm an optimist and it might not happen.

At the end of the day the table doesn't lie. On merit so far we are the best team cus we are top. Leeds are the 7th best team at the mo. i expext us to still be number 1 come the end of the season. i expect leeds to be 4th/5th best team. At a push 3rd. I hope i'm wrong on your part. I'd love to prove all the other teams wrong that the 2 "strongest/established" teams are the best.

Well yeah I agree and Dec will be a tricky month but we just have to keep on what we have been doing until then. I do know that Gary is finding defenders now and signing whoever he finds at the beginning of the window. In all fairness Leeds are still a big club, we might be in a crap league but we still have a major pull when it comes to getting players in especially now that we are not in financial dire anymore so getting some very good players in for this level is not a problem and Gary has the financial back up too.

If Leeds can win half the points from the next 5 games in December I will be happy. Beckford will be a loss to us but Becchio and Snoddy are well capable of getting goals at this level until he returns.None of them are as composed as him but even so they will still cause upset and both have plenty of pace.

Let's hope you have a bad December. The 'alledged' new signing won't just drop into place, they will take time to gel. You will need atleast 3 wins from those 5 to remain anywhere near the picture.

Your season is on the drop IMO ... poor league form of late, an absolute piss poor effort in the FA Cup, and the injuries are setting in.

Start building for another season in league 1 me thinks :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670