Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going on what i've seen of the teams. You can't go through half a season with a crap defence and expect everything to be sorted in jan if you buy a few new players. undoubtedly you'll be better but what makes you think the players you buy are going to be any good? Your not going to get established championship defenders dropping down a league when you are not certain they'll come back up unless you pay em shit loads of money. You'll get fringe players who may be just as good as what you already have.

Look what happened to us last year after the transfer window. We bought a load of players who we thought would push us up the table and it did the exact opposite. Nothing's certain in life so dont take for granted that its all going to be rosy from jan onwards. I dont expect it to be easy for us. I'm expecting another blip at some point. But we are top of the table and not playing at our best. i actually expect us to pull away from everybody around feb time if we keep our players and maybe strengthen with a couple of additions. But then again i'm an optimist and it might not happen.

At the end of the day the table doesn't lie. On merit so far we are the best team cus we are top. Leeds are the 7th best team at the mo. i expext us to still be number 1 come the end of the season. i expect leeds to be 4th/5th best team. At a push 3rd. I hope i'm wrong on your part. I'd love to prove all the other teams wrong that the 2 "strongest/established" teams are the best.

Why do you lot keep saying that your team is still not at it's best? You have proved that teams can beat you and put up a fight against you and if you are sure you will pull away from everyone else soon then you are very very optimistic. You are currently top but look at the 4 teams around you and how tight it is. 2 weeks could change everything and swap the top 4 around. If you were in a position like Wolves are in the championship then I would fully admit that you are comfortably the best team and will rape the league. You cannot say that and you know it.

You can't say Leeds will finish 4th/5th in the league. The league is still early and if any one team was much better than the rest then they would have pulled away by now (hence the paragraph above!!)
What will you do if Fryatt goes or gets injured? Are you confident you will cope?
The way I see it is that as long as other teams are right up there with you then it's still anybody's and I do fancy Leeds to be in the top 2 at the end simply because we have a much better depth in squad than the teams currently above us.
The thing about it is, if the whole team was mediocre then it would be a cause for concern but it isn't. Ive seen Leicester top already this season and then 2 weeks later they were 6th(i think). Even with that game in hand you would have only gone 2nd so this leads me to believe that you are not very good at being top and staying there.!!!
With this I really don't think you will be pulling away!!

Why do you lot keep saying that your team is still not at it's best? You have proved that teams can beat you and put up a fight against you and if you are sure you will pull away from everyone else soon then you are very very optimistic. You are currently top but look at the 4 teams around you and how tight it is. 2 weeks could change everything and swap the top 4 around. If you were in a position like Wolves are in the championship then I would fully admit that you are comfortably the best team and will rape the league. You cannot say that and you know it.

You can't say Leeds will finish 4th/5th in the league. The league is still early and if any one team was much better than the rest then they would have pulled away by now (hence the paragraph above!!)
What will you do if Fryatt goes or gets injured? Are you confident you will cope?
The way I see it is that as long as other teams are right up there with you then it's still anybody's and I do fancy Leeds to be in the top 2 at the end simply because we have a much better depth in squad than the teams currently above us.
The thing about it is, if the whole team was mediocre then it would be a cause for concern but it isn't. Ive seen Leicester top already this season and then 2 weeks later they were 6th(i think). Even with that game in hand you would have only gone 2nd so this leads me to believe that you are not very good at being top and staying there.!!!

Thats a simple one .. we're top of the league so are the best :icon_roll

Every team has proven that they are beatable, look at your own record :icon_wink

Let's hope you have a bad December. The 'alledged' new signing won't just drop into place, they will take time to gel. You will need atleast 3 wins from those 5 to remain anywhere near the picture.

Your season is on the drop IMO ... poor league form of late, an absolute piss poor effort in the FA Cup, and the injuries are setting in.

Start building for another season in league 1 me thinks :icon_wink

I love it.
19 games gone and the season has been wrapped up.
You never learn. Ask a Forest fan

You have a lot to learn sonny!!!:038:

I love it.
19 games gone and the season has been wrapped up.
You never learn. Ask a Forest fan

You have a lot to learn sonny!!!:038:

Im sorry ... if you can pick out of my post where I have said the season is 'wrapped up' then please show me.

I'm still waiting for the Fryatt quotes that he's refusing to sign a contract :icon_roll

I seem to remember some OTT posts when Leeds managed to go above Leicester earlier in the season. Well I can only hope your poor form continues and you plummet.

still you made the playoffs last year but you're still here.

at least its good to see that you are less mouthy now that the City have been ahead of you for nearly the entire season to date.

we don't talk to Forest fans - they remind us of leeds fans

Last edited:
I seem to remember some OTT posts when Leeds managed to go above Leicester earlier in the season. Well I can only hope your poor form continues and you plummet.

still you made the playoffs last year but you're still here.

at least its good to see that you are less mouthy now that the City have been ahead of you for nearly the entire season to date.

Hmm Not bad really saying that we had a 15 pt deduction. We won enough games to actually come 2nd by 6 points on Forest.

Can I ask you all a simple question?

Do you think this season is wrapped up already?
I'd love to see your answer.

Hmm Not bad really saying that we had a 15 pt deduction. We won enough games to actually come 2nd by 6 points on Forest.

You started level in the playoffs

and yes the season is wrapped up - for Leeds - failure and next season in League 1.

If you watched us week in, week out you'd know that we are not playing brilliant. We are doing enough to be top of the table. I believe we have an extra gear and at some point we'll get into this next gear. it is very tight but like i said by Feb the optimist in me is expcting us to be around 4-5 points clear.

You keep harping on back to what if fryatt leaves or gets injured. exactly the same can be said about 3 of your players to our 1. (bechhio, beckford and delph)

I think you live in a bit of a dreamworld if you think a few players will immeadiatly make your team gel in jan. my previous post pointed out that we did exactly the same last year and we got relegated. If you don't pick up til the new year you could easily find yourself 10pts off the pace instead of 5.

As said before the table doesn't lie. You have dropped points against most of the top 10. We've lost once (millwall) to teams in top 10. You've lost 4 times. By End of Dec i reckon you'll be 10 pts behind us. Posh have a really hard xmas coming up. play the top 4 in consecutive games. We've got an ok fixture lit. You've got a slightly worse than us fixture list.

Ok I think we can all safely say that you think it is.
Fickle fans!!

When you were 6th did you slag off your manager?
When you are top do you think you will win the league?

Fickle as they come.
Im not even gonna put any more of my time into this today.

See ya boxing day.

Oh how I laughed!!:038:

No it's not but we're almost halfway through and for the most part of it have been in front of Leeds.

Barring weekends where we missed a game due to interantionals we have been in the top six all season I think so I we can be excused for being confident in our team. It may go wrong, who knows, but I'd much rather be where we are (top) at this stage of the season than where you are, where you're relying on bringing in players to give you a bit extra.

The season is as good as over right now, and that's a fact

We are only continuing to play the remaining games to sell a few programmes and some pies

Ok I think we can all safely say that you think it is.
Fickle fans!!

When you were 6th did you slag off your manager?
When you are top do you think you will win the league?

Fickle as they come.
Im not even gonna put any more of my time into this today.

See ya boxing day.

Oh how I laughed!!:038:

Thank feck for that!

Do you think we are stupid to believe that we have it wrapped up. The top 6 are all capable of going up :icon_wink.

I am being a bit more nicer but i do agree i think leeds have shot it again this season.

Here here. Come back when your 6pts ahead of us!

Or come back when we stuff you boxing day and admit defeat.

no

come back every week that you are behind us. we love to laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673