Post Match Leicester 0 Bournemouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing result, particularly against 10 men, and not to score again - but, Bournemouth are a decent side on a good run and it sounded like we created a hatful.

Two clean sheets on the bounce and we've hit that magic 40 point mark.

The fact we're disappointed shows just how good this season has been.

Cup match next, give the likes of Vardy and Mahrez a much needed rest, and hopefully get another striker in before the next league game and we'll go marching on!

Unfortunately as usual fans are looking generally at the negatives from today, and there were plenty of those. Too many off the pace only Fuchs, Kante, Showed any consistency. Kasper and Simpson,Wes and Huth OK. The others pretty disappointing. But at this level even the 'top' teams are rocking. Overall I'm still smiling.

Unfortunately as usual fans are looking generally at the negatives from today, and there were plenty of those. Too many off the pace only Fuchs, Kante, Showed any consistency. Kasper and Simpson,Wes and Huth OK. The others pretty disappointing. But at this level even the 'top' teams are rocking. Overall I'm still smiling.

It's hard not to look at the negatives from today. even though this season has been superb and I doubt anyone is unhappy at our season so far but that was an absolute sack of shit today. hopefully an off day and we can look forward to the next one but you can't really blame anyone for picking negatives from that game. once the second half started Bournemouth seemed happy with a 0-0 and we did the same things over and over again with little or no imagination in our play, I didn't think we looked tired but had ran out of ideas which is surprising given it's normally a tactical masterclass from Clownio.

Think we've just hit our bad patch, it happens.

Even in that record breaking Championship season when we got 102 points we had that awful 3 or 4 games in December time, when we lost to Brighton and Sheff Weds then drew to Burnley.

I do think we probably need to give them a rest and write off the cup game and throw in the reserves though.

Only watched the second half on a stream.

Dyer. Seriously. What were you doing? Get some new boots or longer studs or something. Terrible display from a player I've thought has done OK.

Fuchs, Morgan, Drinkwater did well. Mehrez closed down and off his game today.
From what i saw of Albrighton he had been well and truly found out. I'd like to see him on the right hand side for a game or two.

After the red card we really needed Ulloa on. But understand he had a bit of a rubbish first half.

An alternative to Albrighton wouldn't go amiss either.

That said, bloody good season.

Spurs away next. If we don't score there the knives will be well and truly out by the national pundits. Which might actually be good for us.

Piss poor from Dyer. Poor from Mahrez. Good games from Vardy, Fuchs and Kante all trying to make things happen. Disappointing, as soon as Mahrez stepped up for the penalty you could tell that was a bad decision. It was a tense game where he was playing poorly and we'd been given a break, ideal for Vardy to step up and smash it home.

I thought that was by far the worst I have seen Vardy play all season. He is crying out for a rest but we just can't (realistically) do it.

Mahrez taking the penalty was not obviously a bad decision. Hindsight is perfect.

Tough to say who had a poorer game, Dyer or Ulloa.

Long term we need defensive strengthening. I like the sounds of the Austrian lad we've been linked with. With a view to next season and beyond we can't rely on Huth and Morgan forever. But in the immediate term we need more depth in attacking areas.

I do think we should have had a penalty in injury time. The reaction of their player said it all. He was unlikely to have patted Vardy on the back had he dived and had he not thought he got away with one. But we didn't do enough to deserve three points. For all the effort I don't remember Boruc being tested in the second half.

Have I missed something regarding the rules for throw ins lately? I notice Man City, Liverpool today and then Bournemouth all taking short throws without putting the balls right behind their head.

01_B27FOC_1180102k.jpg

Well that was complete and utter pish.

Ulloa was feckin' hopeless. Absolute wank, and just not good enough for where we are now. An embarrassment of a performance. Kramaric must be shitting in Ranieri's mouth each and every day for that duffer to get the gig ahead of him.

Playing Mahrez in the middle from the restart was working so well, even more so when King went off. It was a stupid decision to change it again when they went down to ten men, and pushed us into an almost desperate style of play.

And Richie de Laet ? Seriously, what the feck was that all about ?

Kante and Simpson played very well, and Morgan was ok. The rest of them were total shite.

I'm afraid that I simply don't have the vocabulary to describe the performance of Nathan Dyer. Best not to try, I think.

Two points tossed down the shitter.

We need to buy someone to play with Vardy right now, or it could all go horribly flat. Not quite as flat as the atmosphere today, but flat nonetheless.

Arse biscuits

Sat waiting for my train back to Manchester so here are my thoughts:-

We could have played until next Wednesday and not scored. It just wasn't going in no matter what. Boruc had a good game. Vardy unlucky to hit the post. Mahrez had the poorest game I've seen him have. He shouldn't have been taking the penalty, in fact he should have been hauled off at half time.

Lots of negative stuff about Ulloa and Dyer. Agree that they had a few bad touches and that will happen. What was more important is they never stopped wanting the ball at any point.

Hammer and tongs at the end with no end product. Ulloa could have played a part at the end.

The tackle at about 85 minutes was in a great line of sight for us. Looked like a stone Waller. Thought the ref was atrocious today. Dyer was getting thrown around like a ragdoll by their 15 and it wasn't legal in the rules of the game.

Am I concerned that we haven't scored in 3? Not really. Today was one of those days, man city we were clearly sitting back to defend and Liverpool we weren't great against.
At least we aren't conceding many either.

Next!

Frustrating afternoon.

Let's start with the positives. Another point, forty now achieved and only two defeats in twenty. We're also very solid defensively now. That's five goals conceded in the last eight games which is pretty impressive. Both Fuchs and Simpson were excellent again and are both very underrated.

I thought most of the team delivered standard performances today. Nothing wrong with most of them at all.

The concern is that Mahrez has lost his energy and appears to be playing on memory. He's got no 'umph' and seems tired and is clearly in need of a rest.

I will single out for criticism both Ulloa and Dyer, also to a lesser extent, Okazaki. Yet again, these are the players we need to step up and support the main men when they're needed and they were all appalling. Ulloa gave the worst display of any City player this season in the first half only to be usurped by an utterly incomprehensible shambles from Dyer in the second.

We have been poor at keeping those that don't play regularly sharp for years. We just seem to neglect them when they should be playing behind closed door proper games each week if they're not in the U21's. As it is, we expect people to step right in and deliver with little to no football. When they come in cold, they play like twats and it costs us. That's a training issue that needs addressing.

We have been poor at keeping those that don't play regularly sharp for years. We just seem to neglect them when they should be playing behind closed door proper games each week if they're not in the U21's. As it is, we expect people to step right in and deliver with little to no football. When they come in cold, they play like twats and it costs us. That's a training issue that needs addressing.
Is this factually based BN?

Players who are on the fringe are never as sharp as those who are playing week in week out in the first team are they?

The issue of striking options is concerning. I think it's clear that Okazaki and Ulloa just aren't good enough to play for a team that's second in the Premier League.

God only knows what Kramaric is doing in training. I think it will be a massive relief when Schlupp comes back. Albrighton clearly needs some competition.

Overall, just a bad day at the office.

We had enough chances to have won two games, but alas - it wasn't to be.

Ulloa and Dyer were unbelievably poor today with the rest average.

I agree with the sentiment that Vardy needs a No10 to play off and everyone else seems determined for it not to be them.

I thought the De Kaet for Simpson substitution made sense given the options left on the bench. He played on the right wing and was always available and put in one really good cross to Kante.

Agree homer, but Vardy missed 2 at least, plus the penalty plus Morgan's effort from the corner plus Ulloa x2 off the top of my head.

We have looked increasingly tired since the Everton match, and with our style of play, energy is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669