Leicester 0 QPR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men against boys. QPR showed us up as a bunch of drippy kids trying to play theoretical football in a grown up world.

In 7 league games, the only goal we've had from a striker was from DJ Campbell. Speaks volumes. Fryatt and Waghorn are miles away from the standard required to make this system work.

And before everyone goes on about the challenge on Howard, how about the perfectly good goal they had disallowed?

Warnock has a pretty average team, certainly nothing better than us in terms of playing ability. However, his team is strong and organised. Much like we were last year. We will play well only when we're allowed to this season and that isn't going to get us very far.

Today was make or break for my view on whether Sousa was worth persisting with. It's obvious that he's nowhere near good enough.

And Wellens was diabolical. He gave the ball away all game.

And can anybody seriously say that Logan is worse than that joker we've got on loan?

Shit, shit, shit.

Does anyone else think that Robbie Nielsen is just pretending to be a footballer and no-one has yet sussed him out??...

Sousa "we lost the battle because we're not like that".

Fecking joker. It we're not going to battle, we not going to win much this season.

Ikeme - 4 - Doesn't look confident or competent.
Neilson - 6 - Rocky start but generally ok.
Morrison - 5 - Mostly solid but caught out for Mackie's second.
Hobbs - 5 - Went missing on occasion but decent. Ish.
Berner - 5 - Hmm.
Oakley - 5 - Not bad but generally quiet.
King - 6 - Didn't get much room to work, did all he could.
Wellens - 4 - Frustrating inconsistency within a single game. Brilliant one minute, awful the next.
Fryatt - 5 - Asked to play Howard role for some reason. Patently absurd tactical decision.
Waghorn - 4 - Too eager to impress.
Dyer - 5 - Worked hard but to no effect.
Gallagher - 4 - Must have attempted six long range shots, none of them any good.
Howard - 4 - Won a few in the air but nobody capitalised.

Additional comments: Some refereeing decisions appear to have been confusing. Two stand out. Firstly, why no penalty for Howard? At the other end, why was that QPR goal disallowed?

Sousa could be in trouble with the FA if they hear about his post-match comments that the ref was dishonest (in relation to the non-award of the penalty).

And I wonder if the ref really did say that he "don't saw it".

Anyhow, it's only the second league game this season that QPR haven't scored at least three goals.

Additional comments: Some refereeing decisions appear to have been confusing. [...] why was that QPR goal disallowed?

Apparently for offside. I was listening to the QPR commentary and they were more livid about it than Stringer could ever pretend to be.

QPR played us perfectly, came out and attacked, battered us for the first 20 minutes. Then got their goal and sat back and let us pass it around meaninglessly and take harmless long shots.

We did look better when Howard and Fryatt were back up top together though, time to go back to the tried and test me thinks, but overall QPR beat us easily without getting out of first gear.

Anyhow, it's only the second league game this season that QPR haven't scored at least three goals.

Somebody pointed that out in the match thread and then (perhaps because they realised it was still then a possibility) immediately deleted the post.
:icon_wink

Sousa could be in trouble with the FA if they hear about his post-match comments that the ref was dishonest (in relation to the non-award of the penalty).

And I wonder if the ref really did say that he "don't saw it".

WTF was his post-match interview all about? He admitted that we can't win when teams come and battle us. So you just come out and tell all the other teams that then? :102:

Somebody pointed that out in the match thread and then (perhaps because they realised it was still then a possibility) immediately deleted the post.
:icon_wink

The buggers had just scored their second as it was posted!

Tbf, that wasn't our problem today. We outbullied their most creative player in Taarabt. The lack of quality in creating chances or producing a moment of magic is what's missing. It was the case last season but we weren't making defensive mistakes left, right and centre.

WTF was his post-match interview all about? He admitted that we can't win when teams come and battle us. So you just come out and tell all the other teams that then? :102:

my old ma has updated me on Sousa's comments. Makes him sound even more of a clueless bellend than I thought he was. I've already booked up for Pompey away but after that i'll save my money until we get a manager

Well in this league, that is us completely ****ed!

Does anyone else think that Robbie Nielsen is just pretending to be a footballer and no-one has yet sussed him out??...

What are you on about? He's been one of our best players this season so far. Was one of the few today who doesn't deserve criticism.

That Macky is a cock isn't he?

Nowt, personal. Just fancy another arguement to liven things up.

Back home in the dry

Ridiculous set up from the start

Much as I think Fryatt shouldn't have played - having put him in he was shafted by having to play as a lone striker with the ball being lumped up to him. Plain daft
Dyer skinned their right back twice, and was then stuck on the right where he faded out of the game completely
Waggy started brightly on the right, but was then switched over to the left where (surprise surprise) he faded out of the game completely.
A child of three could see it, but the fop obviously couldn't
Why he have paid two million for a proven Championship goalscorer, only to fanny him about out wide is beyond me. It's feckin' crazy

Oakley played well again, but was then taken off, whilst the appalling Wellens was left on to merrily dick away possession time and time again. He was utter wank

Our game changed the minute Howard walked onto the pitch. It beggars belief that we simultaneously switched to a 4-4-2, leaving King stuck deep in midfield with no opportunity to get forward

Did Sousa even watch the feckin' game the other night. Feckin' unbelievable.

Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. QPR were average at best, and we shat away the game and gave them three points on a plate

I can't bear to talk about the woeful defending for those two goals - but the Hobbs/Mozza combination is not good enough, and I suspect never will be. Pitiful to watch

And the ref missed an assault on Howard that every other person in the ground could see (apart from the linesman, obviously)

All in all, a total shitwipe of a performance from start to finish

He also called QPR nasty.

I dunno what he was watching. Waghorn was rolling around and diving far more than any QPR player was and made by far the dirtiest tackle of the game (of which my gut reaction was that he was lucky he didn't get sent off).

What are you on about? He's been one of our best players this season so far. Was one of the few today who doesn't deserve criticism.

Apart from the four unchallenged crosses from great positions that he put sweetly straight into the keepers arms.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669