Leicester 0 QPR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday was a huge disappointment and anticlimax after the display against Cardiff.

Why did Waghorn and Dyer swap wings and stay there when dyer had the beating of their right back?

How can you play Waghorn and Fryatt in the same team unless they both play in a 2 up front and the ball is played to their feet or through the channels? What is the point of playing Waghorn on the wing?

Why does Hobbs never stand on the edge of the penalty area to attack our corner kicks with a header instead of standing on the goal line or at the near post? No wonder he never scores...

I could go on.....

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself; I’m a QPR fan and I come in peace. I’m not here to gloat; I just like reading other supporters MB as I feel it allows you to gauge an insight into how your team is perceived by opposing supporters. Our performance on Saturday was very different to that of Tuesday night’s game against Ipswich but again I thought we were on the money and turned up with the perfect game plan. Possession unfortunately doesn't win football matches. I was impressed with what I saw of Leicester but in fairness all you did was run around with the ball. You had very few shots on target and probably the same amount off target. You can moan all you want regarding the penalty incident. We won’t scream and cry about Mackie’s perfectly good goal he scored that was disallowed! I’ve seen all the other whinges and complaints about the ref elsewhere but hey that’s football. Taarabt was brought down a few times with rash tackles from behind all of which were unpunished and Ephraim was also caught from behind too. There was only the one incident, the elbow on Howard, which potentially the ref missed but that was more an accidental that deliberate. I’m sure Howard will dish out more of those this season than he’ll receive. I was also amazed by Sousa’s comments regarding this come the final whistle but hey that’s just Sousa blowing smoke. Didn’t rate him as a manager when he was at Loftus Road, his football might look pretty, but his statistics at our place and that too at Swansea shows that he will always lack the penetration in the final third.

Anyway my real point in posting was that I’m desperate to ask you what game were you watching? At what point in the game did Dyer actually have the beating of our right back Walker? The only thing Sousa did right all game was switching Dyer as his pace would have murdered Hill, yet as a team you failed to give him the ball and let him run at our left back. Personally I was delighted when Dyer came off, but probably not as delighted as Hill was! You only looked slightly in the game when Howard came on, but you still couldn’t break us down. There is a long way to go this season and I think you’ll be in the top six if you start scoring goals. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Anyway my real point in posting was that I’m desperate to ask you what game were you watching? At what point in the game did Dyer actually have the beating of our right back Walker?

Firstly, congratulations on a good win for you although I don't think your team has yet the quality of previous seasons' table topping sides but may be that will come, unless the standard of the division is more mediocre this year.

I thought Dyer was far more effective on the left and did outpace your full back on at least two or three occasions early in the game so I would have preferred him to stay there.

Dyer skinned him three times before being switched to the other flank
The elbow on Howard was by no means accidental and was a aniled on penalty and red card

QPR were average at best, and simply benefited from or dreadful tactics and shocking defending. We gifted them two goals, apart from which they created feck all
They were also a collection of moaning,diving, cheating time-wasting mardy arses - no surprise given their manager

Would be a sheer delight if they fall away during the rest of the season

The elbow on Howard was by no means accidental and was a aniled on penalty and red card

QPR were average at best, and simply benefited from or dreadful tactics and shocking defending. We gifted them two goals, apart from which they created feck all
They were also a collection of moaning,diving, cheating time-wasting mardy arses - no surprise given their manager

Agree with all of that

After that analysis, I don't think you need to comment on Sousa.
:icon_lol:

People have made the absolutely reasonable point that any new manager should be given time before a proper view is taken of the person that you mentioned.

Obviously, we need to place to the back of our minds that this season (in spite of a top 5 finish last season ) whether as a result of our formation/ style of play/ selection or whatever, no striker currently on the books has scored a single league goal this season and that we have just one win - and that was against a side devoid of their recognised strikers.

My preference would be to allow around 6 games to form a judgement but then I recognise that I'm OTT - so I think we should all give the benefit of the doubt and allow him until the middle of October which will be around 12 games - at that time we will have a clearer idea as to where he is taking us (or not).

My preference would be to allow around 6 games to form a judgement but then I recognise that I'm OTT - so I think we should all give the benefit of the doubt and allow him until the middle of October which will be around 12 games - at that time we will have a clearer idea as to where he is taking us (or not).

Its been previously mentioned that you can only start to criticise after 10 league games have been played. Not long to go....

Taarabt was brought down a few times with rash tackles from behind all of which were unpunished and Ephraim was also caught from behind too. 1)

There was only the one incident, the elbow on Howard, which potentially the ref missed but that was more an accidental that deliberate.2)

Anyway my real point in posting was that I’m desperate to ask you what game were you watching? At what point in the game did Dyer actually have the beating of our right back Walker? The only thing Sousa did right all game was switching Dyer as his pace would have murdered Hill, yet as a team you failed to give him the ball and let him run at our left back. 3)

There is a long way to go this season and I think you’ll be in the top six if you start scoring goals. 4)

Good luck with the rest of the season.
5)

1) Yeah, good to watch that Taarabt fella with his chin on the floor and moaning all game. Some right crunchers on him...infact one he didn't like so much, he went to kick Morrison off the ball but the ref chose to ignore it.

2) It was an assault. Very rarely seen such a clear cut red card. Personally, I know I am in a minority, I thought Mackie clearly pushed Berner.

3) About ten minutes in, Dyer left him standing from a stop start.

4) Hmmm....yes, we need to move the ball a lot quicker rather than pissing about it. Esp. that Ikeme....how long does he take kicking a ball and then it goes nowhere the intended target.

5) Danke. You'll new a couple of new centre backs to keep it up IMO.

Whilst I have had a good moan, I didn't think we were that bad...just Sousa made a number of questionable decision and QPR got the rub of green you often get when you're in-form.

Last edited:
Ipswich got stuffed 3-0 at home to QPR and are still second in the table.

Although gutted with the result and step back in perfromance, I will not read too much in to this one game.

I think the main problem was that the team played as if Howard was on the pitch. Fryatt played on his own up front under NP with no problems. I don't think it's down to fitness, just the team's service to him.

Each time the defence/goalkeeper lumped it up to him he had no chance of winning it against their centre backs. It wasn't as if we had wingers on who could do better (N'Guessan/Gallagher). .

Poor tactice and poor selection.

I think the main problem was that the team played as if Howard was on the pitch.

I'm not sure that was intentional. I think we were set up to try and play from the back but QPR realised this and ensured all 4 defenders weren't able to receive the ball from goal kicks - that is why we just kicked it up field to their defenders

Bitterness will get you no where in life. Glad to see I got an educated response! :038:

Thing is Dazzlepants, you say you 'come in peace' but then post like a typical arrogant QPR knob.

It's a marathon, not a sprint my friend.

Thing is Dazzlepants, you say you 'come in peace' but then post like a typical arrogant QPR knob.

It's a marathon, not a sprint my friend.

I'm sorry but where was QPR players moaning, diving, cheating etc... I'm not trying to be arrogant in anyway and sorry if my post come across in that way. Like I said I thought you were a good footballing side, just you lacked penetration. I'm not here to gloat. I am enjoying the ride at the minute and it's good times to be a QPR fan. I am also aware the wheels will come off. Reading many different message boards, it's clear to see that everyone thinks we are just a lucky side. Don't you make your own luck? Surely we can't of been lucky in every game we've played - be fair. We did a very professional job against you at the weekend and it can't be all down to the ref. There were no incidents prior to us going 1 - 0 up and we were the much better side for the first 20mins. In fact we had more shots in that period than you had the whole game. In four away games at Sheffield Utd, Derby, Ipswich and at your's we've taken 10 points, I'd of bitten your hand off at being given 6 in all honesty. There are some very good posters on this board who I was hoping to have a nice friendly conversation with that’s all. Instead as I said I seem to have found the argumentative and ignorant type given some of the responses. You’ll be there or there about’s come the end of the season if you can be more attack minded, something which I think Sousa doesn’t install in his sides.

I think it's hypocritical to call them a bunch of diving mardy arses.

Waghorn was diving and rolling around as much if not more than any QPR player. Every time someone got near him he just went down, and what's more, doing it stopped very promising attacks on at least two occasions.

Last edited:
There are some very good posters on this board who I was hoping to have a nice friendly conversation with that’s all. Instead as I said I seem to have found the argumentative and ignorant type given some of the responses.

I never said a word

I'm sorry but where was QPR players moaning, diving, cheating etc...

Hmmm, as I recall things, your players didn't like being dispossessed very much. Any hint of a hard, but legitimate challenge would see someone in red and black holding their hands up in the air, whilst demanding free kicks from the ref. I wish we'd taken advantage of this more, as at some point the petulance would have turned in our favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669