Post Match Leicester 0 Shrewsbury 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the result, me neither.

Cannot comprehend the logic of us playing Moore, Konchesky and Mahrez tonight though. Either take it seriously or don't. Either protect your first team or don't.

We'd have been much better using the U21 squad for the game than trying to lever three of them into a random side. We played some first teamers, some subs and some U21s. So, a lack of cohesion was no surprise. All tonight has done is create uncertainty.

Silly. Move on.

Wasnt there something a few years back with a team that fielded pretty much a whole team of reserves being punished?

Quite disappointed with some if the views on display here. I'd take winning a cup (League or FA) over staying up every time. If we go down we go down. We'll be back at some point; it's what we do. I know it wasn't a particularly strong team tonight but there's no dressing that performance up. We were shit.

Yes. Winning a cup has happened three times in out history. We'll stay up in the top flight countless times before I'm in the ground.

It's early in the season - some players will need a runout to bring their fitness up a level. Pearson will be told who these are. Accept it's an injury risk but wasn't there to see how committed we were in the tackle.

Quite disappointed with some if the views on display here. I'd take winning a cup (League or FA) over staying up every time. If we go down we go down. We'll be back at some point; it's what we do. I know it wasn't a particularly strong team tonight but there's no dressing that performance up. We were shit.

We've played in the League Cup 10 times in the past 10 years. We're playing in the Premier League for the first time in 10 years. Do the maths.

Last edited:
I have. I'd still prefer to win a trophy over finishing 17th in this league.

I would rather establish ourselves as a Premier League team and then try for the cups.

Football doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Take your chances when they come. I'm glad we went for the League Cup in our first season up under O'Neill, a season in which we didn't secure our survival until our penultimate match of the season.

I have. I'd still prefer to win a trophy over finishing 17th in this league.

I can't imagine many people will agree with you.

If we win the FA Cup this season and go down, I'll be gutted. If we bomb out of the FA Cup at the third round and finish 17th on goal difference, I'll be delighted.

Did Pearson have anything to say post match about new signings?

No. He was his usual self, and insinuating that Dave Whelhan is a cock, but we knew that anyway.

NP says he won't discuss a player unless they've signed.

No one outside of Leicester or Shrewsbury will care about this result - we can thank Man Utd for that

If we bomb out of the FA Cup at the third round and finish 17th on goal difference, I'll be delighted.

Be careful what you wish for.

No shape, no cohesion, no urgency. Not sure how Pearson got MOTM, but it would have been tough to pick out anyone.

Got in. Saw the result. Didn't care.

At this stage of the competition our odds of winning are pretty low, so no great loss.

I can't imagine many people will agree with you.

If we win the FA Cup this season and go down, I'll be gutted. If we bomb out of the FA Cup at the third round and finish 17th on goal difference, I'll be delighted.

I doubt many people will agree. I'll probably be among them if we manage to stay up. But I'm thinking in terms of what I'd look back on more fondly as an old man and there's only one winner in that regard. As I've said, if we go down we'll be back again. Rinse and repeat for the next fifty years, just as for the last one hundred and thirty.

I think that most would prefer survival is an odd thing and suspect it's a modern phenomenon. If we stay up the owners get richer and we get to pay more for tickets. If we win a trophy we get memories to last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566